or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2288  

post #34306 of 70737

Very interesting.  Now, I'm wondering if I want a Carson City in brown chromexcel with a mini lug sole.

post #34307 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

Very interesting.  Now, I'm wondering if I want a Carson City in brown chromexcel with a mini lug sole.

 


That's exactly what I'm thinking as well.

post #34308 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

Very interesting.  Now, I'm wondering if I want a Carson City in brown chromexcel with a mini lug sole.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post
 

 


That's exactly what I'm thinking as well.

 

I emailed Allison this morning about this.  Waiting to hear back.

post #34309 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

 

Allison can offer us the Eagle County MTO for the going sale price of $197??? :bounce2:

Yuppers.

post #34310 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post
 

 


Are you saying you spoke to her and she said she will honor Black Friday pricing for MTOs?

I emailed with her and asked if I could get it for the advertised $197 price, she replied with a yes, and when she sent the order confirmation yesterday it shows the $197 price and the waived $125 MTO fee. So $197 delivered for a MTO boot, which I think will be a pretty hot make up by the way. :)

post #34311 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post
 

I'm also interested in this whole Eagle County thing, as one in bourbon with a mini lug sole sounds pretty darn close to my dream boot. I like the shape more than Dalton and the last fits me better.

 

I think $197 is the 'base' price - I assume he had to pay another $125 for sole and leather changes.

Nope. $197 delivered in eight weeks. 

post #34312 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post
 

Nope. $197 delivered in eight weeks. 

 

Holy crap man. You are the champion. Thanks a lot for telling us about this. I forgot about the SF promotion. I can now get my dream boot. Just have to figure out whether to go with 13C or 13D, whether to go with bourbon or chocolate, and whether to get a mini lug sole or dainite (if that's an option), or perhaps leather + v-tread (which I love on my BB strands). I think dainite might be the right choice.

 

ETA: a bourbon Eagle County with a dainite sole would be dressy enough to wear with a blazer + tie, right?


Edited by 850csi - 11/27/13 at 9:09am
post #34313 of 70737

Does anyone have pics of the Dalton with flat waxed laces?

post #34314 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

Does anyone have pics of the Dalton with flat waxed laces?

 

Or a recommendation for which flat laces to get? The black round ones on my burgundy shell Daltons is a little boring. BTW, I measured them last night and they're 46 inches.

post #34315 of 70737
I'm interested in getting some brown waxed laces for my Long Branches as well as some olive drab colored ones. Any recommendations?




Edited by k9n - 11/27/13 at 9:38am
post #34316 of 70737
So I stopped by an AE store today for fitting again on Park Aves. This time the 8D didn't feel as tight as it did from Nordstrom which is very strange. The SA had me try on the 7.5D as well but the 8D overall fit better and he himself recommended the 8D for me so this is what I'll be ordering. Now time to email the shoe bank to order my first pair of AEs.
post #34317 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEWithoutStyle View Post

So I stopped by an AE store today for fitting again on Park Aves. This time the 8D didn't feel as tight as it did from Nordstrom which is very strange. The SA had me try on the 7.5D as well but the 8D overall fit better and he himself recommended the 8D for me so this is what I'll be ordering. Now time to email the shoe bank to order my first pair of AEs.

 

Glad it worked out for you.  Best of luck with the order.

post #34318 of 70737

Just had my dreams crushed. :mad:

 

Was thinking about a MTO of the Carson City in Chocolate Calf and mini Lug sole. Was told by Allison they could not customize the black friday only items but will honor the pricing for other black friday shoes

 

darn!!

post #34319 of 70737

All this talk of boots is making me seriously fear for the contents of my wallet . . .

 

Does anyone know if AE has ever carried a monk strap boot?  I find this Alden offering to be quite fetching:

 

post #34320 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post
 

Just had my dreams crushed. :mad:

 

Was thinking about a MTO of the Carson City in Chocolate Calf and mini Lug sole. Was told by Allison they could not customize the black friday only items but will honor the pricing for other black friday shoes

 

darn!!

 

It was too good to be true and I was eagerly awaiting confirmation as well.

 

The Carson is just a dalton with speedhooks, and you can get Daltons for 199. But if you think about it, 139 plus 125 for an eagle county MTO is pretty good for a unique boot you want (and if you get black eagle county and mini lug, basically a much cheaper way to get a bayfield) 

 

You could also get a Carson City and pay the MTO and have mini lug daltons for 325.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...