Very interesting. Now, I'm wondering if I want a Carson City in brown chromexcel with a mini lug sole.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2288post #34307 of 7073711/27/13 at 8:22ampost #34308 of 7073711/27/13 at 8:33ampost #34309 of 7073711/27/13 at 8:41ampost #34310 of 7073711/27/13 at 8:43amQuote:
I emailed with her and asked if I could get it for the advertised $197 price, she replied with a yes, and when she sent the order confirmation yesterday it shows the $197 price and the waived $125 MTO fee. So $197 delivered for a MTO boot, which I think will be a pretty hot make up by the way. :)post #34311 of 7073711/27/13 at 8:45amQuote:Originally Posted by 850csi
I'm also interested in this whole Eagle County thing, as one in bourbon with a mini lug sole sounds pretty darn close to my dream boot. I like the shape more than Dalton and the last fits me better.
I think $197 is the 'base' price - I assume he had to pay another $125 for sole and leather changes.
Nope. $197 delivered in eight weeks.post #34312 of 7073711/27/13 at 8:50am
Holy crap man. You are the champion. Thanks a lot for telling us about this. I forgot about the SF promotion. I can now get my dream boot. Just have to figure out whether to go with 13C or 13D, whether to go with bourbon or chocolate, and whether to get a mini lug sole or dainite (if that's an option), or perhaps leather + v-tread (which I love on my BB strands). I think dainite might be the right choice.
ETA: a bourbon Eagle County with a dainite sole would be dressy enough to wear with a blazer + tie, right?
Edited by 850csi - 11/27/13 at 9:09ampost #34313 of 7073711/27/13 at 9:01ampost #34314 of 7073711/27/13 at 9:04ampost #34315 of 7073711/27/13 at 9:27ampost #34316 of 7073711/27/13 at 9:29amSo I stopped by an AE store today for fitting again on Park Aves. This time the 8D didn't feel as tight as it did from Nordstrom which is very strange. The SA had me try on the 7.5D as well but the 8D overall fit better and he himself recommended the 8D for me so this is what I'll be ordering. Now time to email the shoe bank to order my first pair of AEs.post #34317 of 7073711/27/13 at 9:58amQuote:Originally Posted by EEWithoutStyle
So I stopped by an AE store today for fitting again on Park Aves. This time the 8D didn't feel as tight as it did from Nordstrom which is very strange. The SA had me try on the 7.5D as well but the 8D overall fit better and he himself recommended the 8D for me so this is what I'll be ordering. Now time to email the shoe bank to order my first pair of AEs.
Glad it worked out for you. Best of luck with the order.post #34318 of 7073711/27/13 at 9:59am
Just had my dreams crushed.
Was thinking about a MTO of the Carson City in Chocolate Calf and mini Lug sole. Was told by Allison they could not customize the black friday only items but will honor the pricing for other black friday shoes
darn!!post #34319 of 7073711/27/13 at 10:15ampost #34320 of 7073711/27/13 at 10:31amQuote:
It was too good to be true and I was eagerly awaiting confirmation as well.
The Carson is just a dalton with speedhooks, and you can get Daltons for 199. But if you think about it, 139 plus 125 for an eagle county MTO is pretty good for a unique boot you want (and if you get black eagle county and mini lug, basically a much cheaper way to get a bayfield)
You could also get a Carson City and pay the MTO and have mini lug daltons for 325.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 16 seconds ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 5 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway