or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2263  

post #33931 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Whether or not these are seconds is irrelevant to me or to the question I asked. Are they not worthy because you don't like them or because they're seconds?

I'll go back to my normal corners of STyleforum now, because frankly, this level of snobbishness does not make me want to dive into this thread.

lol pretty sure you misinterpreted the tone in the worst way possible.

just wow. talk about an overreaction to an informational post.
post #33932 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post


lol pretty sure you misinterpreted the tone in the worst way possible.

just wow. talk about an overreaction to an informational post.

 

agreed

post #33933 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


Whether or not these are seconds is irrelevant to me or to the question I asked. Are they not worthy because you don't like them or because they're seconds?

I'll go back to my normal corners of STyleforum now, because frankly, this level of snobbishness does not make me want to dive into this thread.


Well, that escalated quickly. 

post #33934 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


Whether or not these are seconds is irrelevant to me or to the question I asked. Are they not worthy because you don't like them or because they're seconds?

I'll go back to my normal corners of STyleforum now, because frankly, this level of snobbishness does not make me want to dive into this thread.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolved View Post
 


Well, that escalated quickly. 

 

post #33935 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post


Well, that escalated quickly. 

I think we're all ready for the weekend...
post #33936 of 70737

The Carson City and MacAdam are live on the website under the Sale & Clearance section.  The Carson City is quite sharp IMO.

 

post #33937 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

The Carson City and MacAdam are live on the website under the Sale & Clearance section.  The Carson City is quite sharp IMO.

 

It's OK, but to me it looks like they just threw a white rubber sole on a dress boot.  

post #33938 of 70737

Something doesn't look quite right about the Carson City....

post #33939 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post


You might, but that is usually only an issue at the big box stores.
You are right, they are not Allen Edmonds, not sure who makes them though. Peal & Co. is mostly rebranded now.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

 

That explains the "Made in England" that was throwing me off. Then what is "Brooks Gatsby Brn/White" on the seconds list?

 

My local BB always has the AE version of the Gatsby.  It's essentially the same as the Peal version, but made to AE's standards.  They seem to have only recently disappeared from their website.  Peal & Co. shoes are all rebranded.  They used to be made by both Alfred Sargent and Crockett & Jones.  Now all their nicer ones are still made by Crockett & Jones, with the cheaper grade Peals being made by Loake.

post #33940 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

Something doesn't look quite right about the Carson City....
Not a big fan of the wedge sole myself.
post #33941 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


Whether or not these are seconds is irrelevant to me or to the question I asked. Are they not worthy because you don't like them or because they're seconds?

I'll go back to my normal corners of STyleforum now, because frankly, this level of snobbishness does not make me want to dive into this thread.

Fine with me. 

post #33942 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
 

Something doesn't look quite right about the Carson City....

 

Looks like it's basically a Long Branch with a white wedge sole instead of the black Vibram.

post #33943 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post
 

 

Looks like it's basically a Long Branch with a white wedge sole instead of the black Vibram.

Honestly, I think they would be better served with a Tobi Mini Lug, similar to Alden's Commando sole.

I was actually considering having this change out done at some point to my Long Branches.

post #33944 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

Honestly, I think they would be better served with a Tobi Mini Lug, similar to Alden's Commando sole.

I was actually considering having this change out done at some point to my Long Branches.

 

I agree.  The same sole as the Bayfield.

post #33945 of 70737
My opinion of the Carson City is, as with a lot of AE boots, that it's incredibly stupid to make in calfskin. A rugged Vibram Christie wedge sole should be on a boot that's appropriately designed for the sole. That same design, but in CXL or Dublin would look awesome, something that can handle the elements and patina properly. But in calfskin, you'd never want to wear those boots in any scenario that would actually warrant the sole!

That said, there are a lot of styles that would look pretty awesome in CXL, and with the MTO program, I'm thinking of ordering some next time a general sale comes around (still waiting on my shell MTOs). I'm thinking maybe Leeds in Brown CXL, as a starting idea.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...