It was the original BB Gatsby, which are these.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2262post #33916 of 7073711/21/13 at 4:22pmpost #33917 of 7073711/21/13 at 4:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by kentyman
For those that aren't familiar with all the Brooks Brothers (BB) and Ralph Lauren (RL) models, here are the ones I know of. I've linked to their respective websites if possible. Feel free to let me know of any additions or corrections and I can try to keep it up-to-date. Also, if you know which last a given RL model is on, let me know and I'll add it. I'm not positive about the links with question marks; please let me know if you can confirm.
Brooks Brothers (differences include Poron insole, combination outsole, and branding):
- Models marked "Allen Edmonds Collection":
- Other unmarked models:
- Strand: black, brown, walnut
- Fifth Avenue: black, brown, walnut
- McAllister: black, burgundy
- Shelton: tan, walnut/brown
- Neumok: snuff suede
- MacNeil: black grain, chili grain, black/plaid, brown/plaid
- Gatsby: brown/white
- Grayson: black, burgundy?
- Presidio: black?, brown?, walnut?
- Westchester: black?, burgundy?
- "7 Tan Calf/Linen": tan/linen
- Sanderson (longwing blucher): black, brown, walnut, snuff suede
- Singleton (penny loafer): black, dark brown, walnut, dark brown suede, snuff suede
- Slaton (perforated captoe (quarter brogue) blucher): black, dark brown, snuff suede
- Stratford (single monkstrap): black, snuff suede
- Saunders (chukka/ankle boot): black, dark brown, snuff suede
- possibly other "Made in America" models?
Wait so the McAllisters on the shoebank inventory list will be on sale at the BB shoes price? There are no separate BB - McAllisters on the shoe bank list.post #33918 of 7073711/21/13 at 4:31pmKeep the box, email the outlet and tell then you're sending back. They'll email you a return label.
There's a $10 restock fee for 2ndspost #33919 of 7073711/21/13 at 4:33pmpost #33920 of 7073711/21/13 at 4:43pmQuote:
5603 is probably the style number. That's the Schautal- essentially a snuff suede MacNeil. Someone on here said that AE made them exclusively for ether Nordstrom Rack, or the European market, I believe.post #33921 of 7073711/21/13 at 4:47pm
I found a thread over at AAAC covering it. Looks like it is essentially a Macneil in suede. Made for The Rack.Quote:Just got the scoop from Brenda at AE and she was very helpful.
She said she has been with AE for over 20 years and she has never heard of the Schautal. She had to do some digging on her computer to find it and you won't find it on the AE web site.
The Schuatal is made only for the Nordstrom Rack and it was introduced in October 2012. It is not a factory second nor is it made in an inferior manner.
It is definitely made in USA from first quality materials. Essentially it is a suede leather MacNeil, double oak sole, etc. on a 97 last (same as #7).
On these she said the final number in the style "5603" does not mean the specific last anymore. She said there are too many lasts now so AE went to double digit numbers to specify the last.
A very nice shoe!post #33922 of 7073711/21/13 at 4:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by njruss
Been a decent week. Yesterday, my Banff slippers arrived after 4 weeks and today my black Mctavish seconds from the $159 sale. This is the 1st pair of seconds that arrived with shoe bags. Clearly they had been laced before but there is absolutely not a mark on the soles. Do you think this indicates that they were returns of firsts instead of true seconds? The box is labeled as a second.
Also, there is no little marking on the bottom like one usually sees on seconds.post #33923 of 7073711/21/13 at 5:23pmpost #33924 of 7073711/21/13 at 8:28pmpost #33925 of 7073711/21/13 at 8:39pmpost #33926 of 7073711/21/13 at 9:02pmpost #33927 of 7073711/21/13 at 9:11pm
Question: is the Long Branch essentially a Dalton with a Vibram sole and no lace holes at the top?
It seems to be a happy medium to me - not dressy enough to wear with a suit, but perhaps the lighter brown can be worn with charcoal/navy trousers and a tie + blazer?
Edited by 850csi - 11/21/13 at 9:22pmpost #33928 of 7073711/21/13 at 9:48pmQuote:
Yeah, they are both on the 511 last. I would say the main difference is the leather, it's a more distressed looking leather (or waxed leather). Combined with the speed hooks and the vibram sole, it has a more casual feel.
To me it almost feels like a boot like version of the McTavish, where as the Dalton is more of a boot version of the McAllister.
Whether you personally try and pull it off with a sport coat/blazer and a tie is up to your personal style. To me this straddles a little too far on the casual side to pull off a tie.
But I am now Style advisor. :-)
-Mikepost #33929 of 7073711/21/13 at 11:33pmQuote:
Whether or not these are seconds is irrelevant to me or to the question I asked. Are they not worthy because you don't like them or because they're seconds?
I'll go back to my normal corners of STyleforum now, because frankly, this level of snobbishness does not make me want to dive into this thread.post #33930 of 7073711/22/13 at 3:04am
I read that here before somewhere, but it prompts the question "What European market"? Allen Edmonds are almost impossible to find in Europe.
When I want them, I've ordered from Jeffersonville, had them shipped to my sister-in-law near Boston, and then had her stick them in her suitcase on her next trip to Europe.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 14 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 26 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 5 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › BNWT THOM BROWNE CLASSIC WOOL BLAZER IN SIZE 3/ US 42 13 minutes ago
- › Shoe tree advice?? Solid or split toed?? Any advice is great! 13 minutes ago
- › Over the Shoulders, Under the Knees: Long Coats 14 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...