I sure can, will post some pics in the next few days when I get around to applying the LP
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 7:34 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2255post #33811 of 7073711/19/13 at 3:13pmpost #33812 of 7073711/19/13 at 3:30pm
Thanks for the pic, do you ever roll them higher to show more boot?Quote:Originally Posted by TheSizzle
Google image search... it's your friend.
Disclaimer: These are not my images. (Click to show)
Ive seen some of those pics, but Im trying to get a good idea for how to cuff/wear jeans and show the boot without them being super tight like with those walnut daltons in that picture.
Has anyone worn their pants tucked into their daltons? Im starting to think that wouldnt work because they are too tight around the ankle...post #33813 of 7073711/19/13 at 3:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
Mine is like this as well. But the leather is so much thicker and sturdier than calf, so I'm not worried about the toe box maintaining shape...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not too worried either, but just thought it interesting. I don't have creases on the toe so I think I'll be okay.Quote:Originally Posted by Subutai
Hey Teal, Mike should be able to tell you more, but in the meantime I'll say that I don't think it's related to Independence lining. My stock shell cordovan Daltons had the same soft toe. Unfortunately I've read that it can lead to some odd creasing.
Ps - how are you liking the McAllisters? Also I know I owe you a pm!
I don't think it is the lining either. I was told by Allison that the toebox used for shell and calf are the same, which makes me more curious. My shell Daltons are actually pretty stiff on the toebox, but the tip of the wingtip has a crease, which I think is common on the Dalton. It's pretty slight.
I'm liking the McAllisters and they fit well!post #33814 of 7073711/19/13 at 3:56pmQuote:
You know, I have never checked, not sure how to tell on a shoe this old?? They are fully lined so there is not a place to see the stamp.post #33815 of 7073711/19/13 at 4:21pmLeather soles will hold up much better than you might give them credit in snow and wet. They are actually tanned specifically to be durable, and people have been wearing them in all sorts of conditions forever. If you don't believe that, go take a look at the shit (some) people put their W1K's and OSB Trench Boots through. They handle it just fine. That said, calfskin Daltons won't be great in snow/rain because calfskin isn't great in it. But shell Daltons will hold up just fine, and don't need any treatment unless you want them to be waterproof. The waterproofing isn't to protect the shell as much as it protects your feet from getting wet. Otherwise, shell will dry just fine, and buff up nicely even without waterproofing.post #33816 of 7073711/19/13 at 4:25pmpost #33817 of 7073711/19/13 at 4:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by wdahab
Leather soles will hold up much better than you might give them credit in snow and wet. They are actually tanned specifically to be durable, and people have been wearing them in all sorts of conditions forever. If you don't believe that, go take a look at the shit (some) people put their W1K's and OSB Trench Boots through. They handle it just fine. That said, calfskin Daltons won't be great in snow/rain because calfskin isn't great in it. But shell Daltons will hold up just fine, and don't need any treatment unless you want them to be waterproof. The waterproofing isn't to protect the shell as much as it protects your feet from getting wet. Otherwise, shell will dry just fine, and buff up nicely even without waterproofing.
My personal beef isn't about the durability of leather soles in the rain. It's about epic wipeouts on smooth concrete or down steps to the subway platform.
I wore my butyl leather soles mctavish to London recently and (imagine that) it was rainy for most of the trip. I was slipping and sliding all over the sidewalks and cobblestone streets of Kings Cross.
Big mistake.post #33818 of 7073711/19/13 at 6:01pmpost #33819 of 7073711/19/13 at 6:07pmQuote:
Do they have little micro-lines and creases. If they do they are calf, if they have larger creases then they are shell. It's really hard to tell in the lighting of the picture.
-Mikepost #33820 of 7073711/19/13 at 6:13pmpost #33821 of 7073711/19/13 at 6:15pmpost #33822 of 7073711/19/13 at 7:07pmQuote:
if you can grab a daytime pic of the front of the shoe, up close, it should be fairly easy to establish the type of leatherpost #33823 of 7073711/19/13 at 7:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by AdamAdam
My chocolate brown Daltons have arrived. I really like them. Being on the 1 last they aren't "sleek" but I knew that going in. I also wear an 8E so a bit wide and not that long which I'm sure contributes to the "fatter" look. It'll be interesting to see how they look with dress pants or a suit. I really love the color.
We got some strong wind and rain here the other day so you'll notice the (dead) potted, toppled shrub in the background.
By far my most favorite color Daltons. How did you size these compared to the Strand or McAllister?post #33824 of 7073711/19/13 at 7:56pm
Looks like the Merlot Strand is now part of their everyday lineup.
I approve!post #33825 of 7073711/19/13 at 7:57pmQuote:
I believe there's an antiquated Texas law that makes it illegal to tuck your pants into your boots unless you own at least ten head of cattle.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 24 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 43 seconds ago
- › Shoes Carmina Albaladejo tan penny Loafers 80191. Size 9 UK NEWS 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 6 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway