or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 225  

post #3361 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

Same with me. I had to go up a half size for my macneil as well.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I am getting my MacNeil's today. I will report back once they get here.
post #3362 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post


Interesting. What colors/leathers do you think this is?


Looks like walnut in the vamp and quarters and dark brown or merlot in the wingtip and eyestays.

 

post #3363 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo View Post



This didn't work for me.  Is there a code?



No code, I was browsing shoes and below the product picture there is the "special offers" area.  It states 15% off on select shoes.  The discount shows up at checkout.  I believe it is for shoes sold directly by Amazon.  I'm not sure.

post #3364 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post



No code, I was browsing shoes and below the product picture there is the "special offers" area.  It states 15% off on select shoes.  The discount shows up at checkout.  I believe it is for shoes sold directly by Amazon.  I'm not sure.



Weird, won't work for me.

post #3365 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Interesting. What colors/leathers do you think this is?

I'm guessing chili and brown

I like the color combination - I have considered doing a chocolate suede / chili calf Shelton
post #3366 of 70737

This has probably been asked and answered already, but I'm not finding it.  Where are you guys buying AEs for good prices?  I used to live near an AE store and could get in on the tent sale etc., but not any more.  The last pair I bought was from Nordstrom during the anniversary sale.  I don't see anywhere to find seconds either.

 

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

post #3367 of 70737

AFIS01 Mar. 08 11.42.jpg

 

http://tinyurl.com/77x939f

 

Having trouble with photobucket, but here is a pic of the ad and a link to the men's shoes.  You can filter Allen Edmonds using the menu on the left margin.

post #3368 of 70737

IMAG0692.jpg

 

My new Strands. I had to return a pair of walnut Players bc of the 2 last.  Its horrid.  In all seriousness, I liked the Players' look better but the fit is significantly better on the 5 (at least for my feet).

post #3369 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by sartorialnoob View Post

This has probably been asked and answered already, but I'm not finding it.  Where are you guys buying AEs for good prices?  I used to live near an AE store and could get in on the tent sale etc., but not any more.  The last pair I bought was from Nordstrom during the anniversary sale.  I don't see anywhere to find seconds either.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

You can get the Allen Edmonds outlet stores to send you shoes if you know what you are looking for.
post #3370 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo View Post



Weird, won't work for me.



Sometimes you have to get all the way through the checkout process - to the point there is only one final button to hit - to see the discount finally applied.  Also, FWIW, Amazaon regularly has 25% and 30% discounts on AE shoes, but frequently runs out of popular sizes.  When I was on the hunt for my Delrays, I checked in weekly.

 

post #3371 of 70737

^^^^ What he said  .  .  .

post #3372 of 70737
Don't forget to check your local Nordstrom rack as well. They often have AEs for excellent prices like the Brown Suede Fifth Avenues for 100 bucks last week!

244

261
post #3373 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticfoodie View Post

Don't forget to check your local Nordstrom rack as well. They often have AEs for excellent prices like the Brown Suede Fifth Avenues for 100 bucks last week!
244
261

Deal of the century right there.  Those things are gorgeous.
 

 

post #3374 of 70737

I'm more thinking about on-line sources.  I'm deep in "fly-over" country with only one brick and mortar retailer in my city carrying AEs.

post #3375 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post



No code, I was browsing shoes and below the product picture there is the "special offers" area.  It states 15% off on select shoes.  The discount shows up at checkout.  I believe it is for shoes sold directly by Amazon.  I'm not sure.



Worked for me, I am about to pull the trigger on some park avenues.  With the savings the price is $273.  I also have $20 from my discovercard.  I am so tempted.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...