or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2239  

post #33571 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

I am sure my wife could chime in thoughmusicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif 
Mine took me to the Frye store a couple weeks ago to help pick her out a new pair. smile.gif

The saleswoman, after successfully matching her up with some boots, turned her sights on me -- but those things only come in one width... and my fancy shell Daltons were perhaps a little bit intimidating in that den of distressed cowhide.
post #33572 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

I'd take a look at one of the following:

1) AE rough collection, specifically McTavish in Brown of Black

2) Walnut Strands

3) Burgundy MacNeil

I have to agree with # 1 as a first pair. 

Just make sure they are sized appropriately.

McTavish runs big.

post #33573 of 70737

Shell Macneils today:

 

PUzFrv2.jpg

post #33574 of 70737

FYI

 

I received a 30% off code for amazon today, I am not sure if you have to be a prime member, but it knocked off 70 dollars off of some brown McTavish's I have been wanting to order.  I used some credit card points along with the discount and scored the shoes for 131 dollars!!

 

I feel good, now my wife can't complain that I spent 250 dollars on shoes.

post #33575 of 70737

Interesting!  How did you receive said code?  Via email?

post #33576 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

I'd take a look at one of the following:

1) AE rough collection, specifically McTavish in Brown of Black

2) Walnut Strands

3) Burgundy MacNeil

 



By brown do you mean cognac dublin?

I checked their website and the only other brown is that crackle finish.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF4035_1_40000000001_-1
post #33577 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljohnr View Post

Here's a question for all of you AE guys.

I don't own any AE's yet, but like their looks and the range of styles fit my personality, so I'm searching for a first pair.

What I am looking for is something extremely versitile that I can wear with jeans out and about dressed up or down.

I like the appearance of the Dalton boot in chocolate for something that would carry me through the winter and then pick up a summer pair or two when the time comes.

That said, do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your time.

Dalton is a great choice. Id also recommend:

Kenilworth walnut or brown
McNeil
McTavish in tan or black
Strand in brogue suede
Cordovan Leeds if you can spare the cash...
post #33578 of 70737

Join the mailing list for shoes and they send you offers like the one I got.

post #33579 of 70737

It seems to me that amazon is getting rid of their remaining Allen Edmonds inventory because a lot of the shoes are discounted depending on the size you select.

post #33580 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post


Mine took me to the Frye store a couple weeks ago to help pick her out a new pair. smile.gif

The saleswoman, after successfully matching her up with some boots, turned her sights on me -- but those things only come in one width... and my fancy shell Daltons were perhaps a little bit intimidating in that den of distressed cowhide.

 

LOL... My wife just bought a pair of $600 frye boots, now it's my turn to splurge on a pair of boots. When Christmas time rolls around I'll have a new pair of MTO Fifth Streets... Still haven't decided on the make up though. Do I go independence leather, shell, or just regular? Burgundy? Merlot? dark chocolate? dark brown burnished? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

 

The only thing I'm set on is the model and a chili edge. Also, I'm thinking of going with just the stock Fifth Street sole.

post #33581 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post
 

 

LOL... My wife just bought a pair of $600 frye boots, now it's my turn to splurge on a pair of boots. When Christmas time rolls around I'll have a new pair of MTO Fifth Streets... Still haven't decided on the make up though. Do I go independence leather, shell, or just regular? Burgundy? Merlot? dark chocolate? dark brown burnished? SO MANY QUESTIONS!

 

The only thing I'm set on is the model and a chili edge. Also, I'm thinking of going with just the stock Fifth Street sole.

I have been stewing about a pair of MTO St George Jodhpurs in burgundy shell... Completely out of the box.

post #33582 of 70737

It's nothing ya'll haven't seen a hundred plus times in the thread already -- but I brought my Park Avenues out for a photo shoot today:

 

 

I wish I had a need to wear these more often! (As you can see from the soles, they don't get much use...)

 

post #33583 of 70737
Cordovan Strands coming along. Just wearing, wiping and brushing so far. Need to get my hands on some Renovateur for the stubborn goo that's still hanging on there.

post #33584 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Cordovan Strands coming along. Just wearing, wiping and brushing so far. Need to get my hands on some Renovateur for the stubborn goo that's still hanging on there.

 

Those loook great!

post #33585 of 70737
Maiden voyage of the Bayfield
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...