Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2236post #33526 of 7073711/13/13 at 6:47pmpost #33527 of 7073711/13/13 at 7:08pmpost #33528 of 7073711/13/13 at 8:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Indyoshi68
Disappointment today... ordered and picked up bourbon strands this evening from AE in Chicago on LaSalle... Got them home to inspect - not good. The pinking on the caps (especially the right one) is awful. There are also some issues with the pinking along the quarter(s). I saw the bourbon in person at Macy's, and it was beautiful - even my GF said to add them to my collection. It wasn't a great day at work, so the shoe arrival was timely, but I didn't do my due diligence - distracted.
How are these 'firsts'?...Going back.
The pinking on the right shoe looks a little sloppy. I remember someone got shell strand seconds that had pinking like that and the consensus was to send them back.post #33529 of 7073711/13/13 at 8:09pmQuote:
Hmm I ordered a pair of shell "independence" strands a couple of days before you. I think mine are scheduled to be done next week.
After 10 pairs of AE's, I will finally have a pair of the iconic strandspost #33530 of 7073711/13/13 at 8:11pmQuote:
I don't have pics but ordered some Larchmonts in dark chocolate that I sent back. Compared to a couple other shoes I have in dark brown burnished there is not much difference. A shade darker perhaps but very close. Hope this helps.post #33531 of 7073711/13/13 at 10:32pm
Ive been wanting to explore the pants/jeans tucked in/stacked on top of your boots look, in order to show off nice boots. Are daltons the kind of boots that can pull this look off? Or is it better to use chunkier boots or ones that flare out more at the top? Does anyone have pics of an outfit like this?post #33532 of 7073711/13/13 at 10:57pmpost #33533 of 7073711/14/13 at 12:10amQuote:Originally Posted by DerangedGoose
Ive been wanting to explore the pants/jeans tucked in/stacked on top of your boots look, in order to show off nice boots. Are daltons the kind of boots that can pull this look off? Or is it better to use chunkier boots or ones that flare out more at the top? Does anyone have pics of an outfit like this?
I havent seen that with a Dalton but if the look you are looking is the high cuffed jeans on top of boots, then I say the Alden Indy boot looks great. Apologies if not strictly AE related. Now back to regular programming.post #33534 of 7073711/14/13 at 1:30amQuote:Originally Posted by Jlhkk
I love the walnut AEs, but am concerned about paying ~$300 for shoes I can really only wear with navy or olive (not a huge khaki guy).
What do you guys think about the burgandy burnish? Seems like something you could pull off with a charcoal suit as well as the colors i mentioned above. Can anyone post a real life picture? having trouble judging the ones from AE/nordstrom websites
Or should I just sack up for the walnut and know I will have them for 3-5 years if I take good care of them?
I recently picked up a pair of Strands in walnut and they're gorgeous. I've been able to wear them with lighter grey trousers and different earth-tones (shades of brown/tan mainly) in addition to the colors you mentioned (navy, olive).post #33535 of 7073711/14/13 at 3:25ampost #33536 of 7073711/14/13 at 3:32ampost #33537 of 7073711/14/13 at 3:37ampost #33538 of 7073711/14/13 at 3:48amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Walnut Shell Daltons
Just a quick sneak peak. I will take a picture on Friday when there is ample light to capture their color.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
They look great, enjoy them!post #33539 of 7073711/14/13 at 4:04amQuote:
I wouldn't wear double monks for an interview at either place. I'm not saying it means you won't get the job, but I wouldn't take the chance.
My point was more that it is that there are situations where one should wear a conservative black shoe, so it is a good idea to have a pair in your wardrobe. The Neumora is not that shoe.post #33540 of 7073711/14/13 at 4:44am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 6 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 7 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 minutes ago
- › POLO RALPH LAUREN "Howard" Overcoat, Made in Italy by CORNELIANI,... 19 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 25 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...