or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2230  

post #33436 of 70737

Quite possibly, my favorite boots: shell cordovan Wolverine 721LTD in Burgundy and 744LTD in Mahogany, both made by Allen Edmonds. 

 

 

post #33437 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

 

Gotcha. I have a hard enough time keeping up with this thread. That one is pretty insane.

 

Anyway, read in good health, step-second-nephew-in-law-thrice-removed...

LOL. I myself have hard time following it too, but sometimes, it can be helpful. I hope folks who frequent that thread--Tifosi, Repptie et al.--might give us a heads up when another JCrew coupon will be floating around. 

post #33438 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post

Gotcha. I have a hard enough time keeping up with this thread. That one is pretty insane.

Anyway, read in good health, step-second-nephew-in-law-thrice-removed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

LOL. I myself have hard time following it too, but sometimes, it can be helpful. I hope folks who frequent that thread--Tifosi, Repptie et al.--might give us a heads up when another JCrew coupon will be floating around. 
Not if you guys keep making fun of us.... rotflmao.gifrotflmao.gif
post #33439 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

LOL. I myself have hard time following it too, but sometimes, it can be helpful. I hope folks who frequent that thread--Tifosi, Repptie et al.--might give us a heads up when another JCrew coupon will be floating around. 

 

Now that would be awesome! Or at least a PM if there's concern over derailing the thread.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Not if you guys keep making fun of us.... rotflmao.gifrotflmao.gif

 

Hah! ;)

post #33440 of 70737
That's aw[quote name="cincikid" url="/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-


Thank you, gentlemen, for your input. I actually happened to get two pairs of LWB and a pair of Indy from JCrew some time in July (though they just got delivered the other day) with the 25% off coupon than somehow worked for them. Fwiw, folks at my local JCrew store had no problem stacking a 15% teacher's discount on top, which sounds like a great deal. I originally got them in 9.5 but then I decided to also get size 9 to compare the fit. From what I am seeing, I probably need size 9.25 or maybe 9E to get the best fit.
[/quote]

That's awesome. Wondering if you could PM me some details about your local jcrew. I'm planning on getting some alden during their next sale, and I'm a student.
post #33441 of 70737
This pic is a day late...but Thank You to all our Veterans!

post #33442 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post
 

 

Perhaps they applied the same burnishing process to chili colored shoes, but I don't think they would call it burnished chili if it started as walnut.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post
 

 

 

 

Chili is definitely tanned in color.  As TheSizzle said, they will add burnishing to some chili models, but the calfskin is tanned in that reddish/brown hue from the tannery.

 

To my knowledge, the current Bourbon line is the only example of AE taking one color and turning it into another by this method.  Even their original Bourbon shoes that they used to make a few years ago were a true tannage.

 

Thanks for the input, guys.  That's good to know.  It reinforces the fact that I haven't noticed much coming off the chili Daltons when I've treated them.

post #33443 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

Quite possibly, my favorite boots: shell cordovan Wolverine 721LTD in Burgundy and 744LTD in Mahogany, both made by Allen Edmonds. 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

I have the 744. I love the fit and feel of it. I hate how the toebox doesnt hold shape well.

The 721, I really want, and obviously they are few and far between now. I have seen a few up for sale, but nothing my size.

So, if anyone comes across an 8.5D, PM me. 

Looking great BTW, cincikid.

post #33444 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

I have the 744. I love the fit and feel of it. I hate how the toebox doesnt hold shape well.

The 721, I really want, and obviously they are few and far between now. I have seen a few up for sale, but nothing my size.

So, if anyone comes across an 8.5D, PM me. 

Looking great BTW, cincikid.

Check the Shoe Bank for 721. I got mine from them (the Freeport Store actually) a few weeks ago.

post #33445 of 70737

dbl post

post #33446 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post
 


what color are those? What color is the sole edge?

The official color is "dark chocolate". Not sure about the edge color, but I would call it "antique" edging. They darkened up the edge around my arch area.

post #33447 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

The official color is "dark chocolate". Not sure about the edge color, but I would call it "antique" edging. They darkened up the edge around my arch area.

that settles it... I'm getting that make up in the fifth street boot.

post #33448 of 70737
When do you get charged for a MTO? Is it when the shoes ship? When the order is placed?

Does anyone want to make me feel better that Allison said I'm still at an 8 week wait time for the remake of my Jefferson webgems that I ordered in late-September that had to be sent back when I received them in mid-October? Or am I just being impatient?
post #33449 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

When do you get charged for a MTO? Is it when the shoes ship? When the order is placed?

Does anyone want to make me feel better that Allison said I'm still at an 8 week wait time for the remake of my Jefferson webgems that I ordered in late-September that had to be sent back when I received them in mid-October? Or am I just being impatient?

You get charged when they are ready to ship. Allison will call you for payment info.
post #33450 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

You get charged when they are ready to ship. Allison will call you for payment info.

So is it fair for me to be a bit frustrated that I paid for the original order in early October and won't have shoes until sometime in Dec-Jan?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...