Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2225post #33362 of 7073711/11/13 at 11:16ampost #33363 of 7073711/11/13 at 11:35ampost #33364 of 7073711/11/13 at 11:39amQuote:Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan
In my opinion an airbrushed photo is a fabricated photo. It certainly looks fake to me, but whether it is or not is honestly beside the point. If the photos they put up looked like the real thing I wouldn't care if they were computer generated images, untouched photos, or an oil painting, as long as they accurately represented the product being sold. The fact is... these photos don't accomplish that in the least.
While I admit my assertion that they are computer generated was quite possible wrong or at the very least poorly stated (it was clear in my mind from the beginning that they are not 100% computer generated, but rather a photo that has been altered through airbrush or photoshop or however they do it), I still stand by my statement that they need to change these photos.
After you click on the initial photo and look at the photos taken from other angles, they often look far more real than the initial photo. It seems obvious to me that real photos of the shoes taken by members of this forum do the shoes far more justice than the website ones... It takes forum member mere minutes to take these photos, so why can't AE do this?
just a suggestion...
Also keep in mind that I think AE is great. Their customer service would be perfect but for this one rather small fault.
Thanks for your input fellas!
Regardless of the details of the discussion, I think we all agree in the end that their website could be greatly improved if the pictures were more pleasant. Perhaps something like what you see over at Epaulet NY, or something similar.
Edited by MoneyWellSpent - 11/11/13 at 1:03pmpost #33365 of 7073711/11/13 at 12:25pmpost #33366 of 7073711/11/13 at 12:27pmpost #33367 of 7073711/11/13 at 12:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy
I would like to see AE make the Independence Gwinnett. I have seen pics but not sure if it will make it into production or not. I would be all over these if they did. What I want is a burnished captoe boot. My fifth streets just don't do it for me. Maybe I should ask Allison if I can do a MTO for a shoe they have not introduced...
What don't you like about your Fifth Streets? I'm dying to get a pair but can't justify at the moment.post #33368 of 7073711/11/13 at 12:36pmpost #33369 of 7073711/11/13 at 12:45pmQuote:
yes... thanks again for your levelheaded awesomeness MWS!post #33370 of 7073711/11/13 at 12:52pmDidn't mean to start a furor over AE's photos. My assumption was (still is) that all their photos are retouched. That's why the marked variety in color representation confused me. In any case, I'm thankful for the unretouched photos posted here (we don't all have local AE stores or local retailers with extensive selection).post #33371 of 7073711/11/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
Thanks for the tip. They look interesting, but are they as chunky in person as in the pictures though? I was hoping for something minimalistic but I suppose overshoes by nature can't be very sleek.post #33372 of 7073711/11/13 at 1:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Septimus
Didn't mean to start a furor over AE's photos. My assumption was (still is) that all their photos are retouched. That's why the marked variety in color representation confused me. In any case, I'm thankful for the unretouched photos posted here (we don't all have local AE stores or local retailers with extensive selection).
it's not your fault for "starting a furor"
I take any chance I get to harp on the website issues... It's a hobby of mine!post #33373 of 7073711/11/13 at 1:16pmpost #33374 of 7073711/11/13 at 1:23pmHelp / advice needed on color choice for Dalton boot.
I am very seriously looking at the Dalton boot for fall/winter.
Were I to choose one color to be the most versitile (...wearing with anything from dark indigo jeans to khakis to grey jeans...) which would it be?
Thanks in advance.post #33375 of 7073711/11/13 at 1:25pmQuote:
Check out Rancourt's custom shoe designer.
That is digital.
They digitally show the material as a surface and then also show the soles as a pasted object.
And would be hard to do it otherwise, being completely MTO.
I just hoped they would execute it a little better.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Suitsupply NYC 16 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 16 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 17 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 24 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 28 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...