Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 7/21/16 at 5:47am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2217post #33241 of 7073711/7/13 at 8:51pmpost #33242 of 7073711/7/13 at 8:53pmpost #33243 of 7073711/7/13 at 8:55pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks you guys! I am very stoked about them. They came out much nicer than I expected.
-Mikepost #33244 of 7073711/8/13 at 3:24ampost #33245 of 7073711/8/13 at 5:21ampost #33246 of 7073711/8/13 at 5:52ampost #33247 of 7073711/8/13 at 5:57ampost #33248 of 7073711/8/13 at 5:58amQuote:Originally Posted by tampatravel
Those laces look great with your boots. Did they come with them?
They really take a casual take on them - love it.
Yes, they come with red laces in them, but also come with brown laces in the box.post #33249 of 7073711/8/13 at 6:24ampost #33250 of 7073711/8/13 at 6:30am
Those Harrisons are so gorgeous! Its a shame that sole won't look like that for long.
A little better pic of my Merlot Macneil webgems today on their maiden voyage. Not sure if I'm doing right with Navy pants but it is what it is. The color on these are gorgeous. In some lights red in others purple. Something about them makes me hungry for Steak and a glass of Red Wine.post #33251 of 7073711/8/13 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Allen Edmonds Harrison MTO in Black Shell Cordovan
I finally got my MTO Harrison's. I didn't do anything too fancy, just changed the upper from the supple leather to shell cordovan. The results are absolutely amazing. The black shell cordovan is absolutely flawless. Here is a sneak peak. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those are far and away the sleekest looking AE's I've ever seen. Very nice! Do you mind revealing how much those cost with shell? If you want to PM me rather than post it here I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Also, how long was the wait?post #33252 of 7073711/8/13 at 7:10ampost #33253 of 7073711/8/13 at 7:16amQuote:Originally Posted by kentyman
Actually, yes. I wear an 8.5D/E in the 5-65 (I wear an 8.5D, but am confident an E would fit pretty well also). From all the reviews of them not fitting well, I ordered an 8.5EEE, 9D, 9EEE, and 9.5D. I assumed an 8.5D simply wouldn't work. Again, they haven't arrived yet, but it's possible I'll have something that works well for you. I'll certainly get back to you. First step is getting to login again. ;)
Let me know which pair you decide to keep. I wonder if the 9D or 8.5EEE would work best for me.
Here's to getting your slippers and your account access soon.post #33254 of 7073711/8/13 at 7:44ampost #33255 of 7073711/8/13 at 8:42amQuote:Originally Posted by furo
I don't need to sit on the board to see something that is blindingly obvious.
Over the next 2-5 years you will gradually witness an increase in lines that are outsourced overseas. By 2018 I'd wager the company as a whole will be doing roughly 30-50% of their total manufacturing through outsourced facilities.
There's no need trying to explain. Just wait and see. We'll find out soon enough who is right and who is wrong.
By the way, how long was RL made in the US and Italy before they began outsourcing to Asia? Brooks Bros? Shall I go on?
Yep. It only take a bit of common sense if you know business and a little about M&A.
This is a transaction from one PE to another. This is not an aquisition of a struggling company by a PE firm. If there was ever an opportune time to move production overseas, it would have been under the previous ownership. They kept production domestic, and even increased the number of employees in the US during the financially trying times that the US experienced in 2008-2009. For AE, this is the main point of differentiation from other brands. With the growth that AE experienced under Goldner Hawn- Johnson Morrison, a smart firm would fund a proven successful model before changing it. But, as you stated, only time will tell.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 4 seconds ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 8 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 11 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 13 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › FS: Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald Harris Tweed Sport Coat 42L MINT! 17 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding