Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 9:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2217post #33241 of 7073711/7/13 at 8:51pmpost #33242 of 7073711/7/13 at 8:53pmpost #33243 of 7073711/7/13 at 8:55pmQuote:Quote:
Thanks you guys! I am very stoked about them. They came out much nicer than I expected.
-Mikepost #33244 of 7073711/8/13 at 3:24ampost #33245 of 7073711/8/13 at 5:21ampost #33246 of 7073711/8/13 at 5:52ampost #33247 of 7073711/8/13 at 5:57ampost #33248 of 7073711/8/13 at 5:58amQuote:Originally Posted by tampatravel
Those laces look great with your boots. Did they come with them?
They really take a casual take on them - love it.
Yes, they come with red laces in them, but also come with brown laces in the box.post #33249 of 7073711/8/13 at 6:24ampost #33250 of 7073711/8/13 at 6:30am
Those Harrisons are so gorgeous! Its a shame that sole won't look like that for long.
A little better pic of my Merlot Macneil webgems today on their maiden voyage. Not sure if I'm doing right with Navy pants but it is what it is. The color on these are gorgeous. In some lights red in others purple. Something about them makes me hungry for Steak and a glass of Red Wine.post #33251 of 7073711/8/13 at 7:00amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Allen Edmonds Harrison MTO in Black Shell Cordovan
I finally got my MTO Harrison's. I didn't do anything too fancy, just changed the upper from the supple leather to shell cordovan. The results are absolutely amazing. The black shell cordovan is absolutely flawless. Here is a sneak peak. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those are far and away the sleekest looking AE's I've ever seen. Very nice! Do you mind revealing how much those cost with shell? If you want to PM me rather than post it here I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
Also, how long was the wait?post #33252 of 7073711/8/13 at 7:10ampost #33253 of 7073711/8/13 at 7:16amQuote:Originally Posted by kentyman
Actually, yes. I wear an 8.5D/E in the 5-65 (I wear an 8.5D, but am confident an E would fit pretty well also). From all the reviews of them not fitting well, I ordered an 8.5EEE, 9D, 9EEE, and 9.5D. I assumed an 8.5D simply wouldn't work. Again, they haven't arrived yet, but it's possible I'll have something that works well for you. I'll certainly get back to you. First step is getting to login again. ;)
Let me know which pair you decide to keep. I wonder if the 9D or 8.5EEE would work best for me.
Here's to getting your slippers and your account access soon.post #33254 of 7073711/8/13 at 7:44ampost #33255 of 7073711/8/13 at 8:42amQuote:Originally Posted by furo
I don't need to sit on the board to see something that is blindingly obvious.
Over the next 2-5 years you will gradually witness an increase in lines that are outsourced overseas. By 2018 I'd wager the company as a whole will be doing roughly 30-50% of their total manufacturing through outsourced facilities.
There's no need trying to explain. Just wait and see. We'll find out soon enough who is right and who is wrong.
By the way, how long was RL made in the US and Italy before they began outsourcing to Asia? Brooks Bros? Shall I go on?
Yep. It only take a bit of common sense if you know business and a little about M&A.
This is a transaction from one PE to another. This is not an aquisition of a struggling company by a PE firm. If there was ever an opportune time to move production overseas, it would have been under the previous ownership. They kept production domestic, and even increased the number of employees in the US during the financially trying times that the US experienced in 2008-2009. For AE, this is the main point of differentiation from other brands. With the growth that AE experienced under Goldner Hawn- Johnson Morrison, a smart firm would fund a proven successful model before changing it. But, as you stated, only time will tell.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafè Wholecut in Black Calf UK 6 BNIB 2 minutes ago
- › NWOT Massimo Dutti wool/silk jacket, US42 2 minutes ago
- › FS: NWT Valentini Charcoal Grey Flannel, size 46 (EU). Free... 2 minutes ago
- › FS: NWT Corneliani Suit, size 46 (EU) / 36 US - Rare size! Free... 2 minutes ago
- › BNIB John Lobb Tassel Loafer Truro Misty Bracken Misty Calf Rare... 2 minutes ago
- › Corneliani Wool/Cashmere Gunclub -- size EU 48 (US 38) 2 minutes ago
- › ***FS: RING JACKET Navy Sport Coat Size 40R NWT Retail $1245 *** 2 minutes ago
- › NWT $1195 Samuelsohn Performance Suit with Loro Piana Extreme 120's... 2 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...