Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 9/23/16 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2196post #32926 of 7073711/1/13 at 11:43ampost #32927 of 7073711/1/13 at 11:46ampost #32928 of 7073711/1/13 at 11:53ampost #32929 of 7073711/1/13 at 11:56ampost #32930 of 7073711/1/13 at 11:56amQuote:Originally Posted by wdahab
In my opinion single vs double depends on how you view shell. I view it as a super rugged piece if armor on my feet. Double soles make it more tank like. Others see it as a high quality dress leather, and single soles are better for dress shoes arguably. Neither is wrong. Just depends on your philosophy.
Btw I think my shell neumoks just cleared inspection since I got the follow up invoice and charged.
What would be the difference between the shell neumoks and the cambridge other than the fact that it is unlined? Same last and pattern right?post #32931 of 7073711/1/13 at 11:56ampost #32932 of 7073711/1/13 at 11:59ampost #32933 of 7073711/1/13 at 12:00pmpost #32934 of 7073711/1/13 at 12:05pm
sorry. I got an urge due to recent posts above.
In other news: Just got what I thought were seconds grey long branches for $170 (included a 15% off rediscover america honor) Invoice said Shipping from: 1st quality warehouse Honor RDA sale. Very pleased so far. My first AE boots and they seem very nice. Much thicker leather and more cushion on the insole.post #32935 of 7073711/1/13 at 12:07pm
Indeed, and the Shelton is a fine looking shoe. I like the rounded edge they give the sole on both it and the Polo. At the end of the day, if he has it redone with the rounded edge, then they will essentially just look like Shelton's. Therefore, it's easy to see what they'll look like. No mystery.post #32936 of 7073711/1/13 at 12:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by cincikid
This pair of navy blue suede MacNeils that has been on eBay since at least August, is apparently cursed. I think it was bought at least three times in the past couple of months, but apparently each new owner just keeps sending it back. They are really great shoes so I am not sure what's the reason.
Probably from the disappointment it wasn't Genuine Horween Shell Cordovan Suede...post #32937 of 7073711/1/13 at 12:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by OptoDoc
Banff slippers arrived today. These are definitely the nicest slippers I've worn. Could easily make a quick trip to the market in them without catching any dirty looks. Sizing is spot on. Only thing I'd change is to make the heel of the shoe about 1/4" to 1/2" taller.
A Steal at $59.
Hidden (Click to show)
I talked with online chat about which size to get. We couldn't decide between 4 different size/width combinations. He urged me to order all 4 and return the other 3. I questioned if that was most efficient for them and he said "We want you to have the right fit." I'll be getting back to you on which one actually was right for me. I suspect it won't be TTS as yours were, according to the reviews.post #32938 of 7073711/1/13 at 12:36pmpost #32939 of 7073711/1/13 at 12:46pmpost #32940 of 7073711/1/13 at 12:48pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 17 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 9 minutes ago
- › A thread on the Best Chelsea Boots 10 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 26 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 27 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 52 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 58 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...