or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2193  

post #32881 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGalt View Post

Can anyone explain the difference in quality (if any) between the indepence soles and the JR soles?

 

I have asked this myself, and gotten little answers in terms of quality differences. I am of the understanding that the JR soles and the Independence Soles are of roughly equivalent quality and that you should anticipate a similar wear life between the two.

 

-Mike

post #32882 of 70737

Seems like a lot of MTO are failing inspection.  I'm worried about mine.  I wonder what the percentage of shoes that fail inspection.  Seems like it happens quite often.  

post #32883 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

Seems like a lot of MTO are failing inspection.  I'm worried about mine.  I wonder what the percentage of shoes that fail inspection.  Seems like it happens quite often.  

Ordered a MTO cappuccino first week of Sept.  Got notification 5 weeks later that it failed inspection.  So I think I'm on week 8 now.  Anxiously waiting.

post #32884 of 70737

Just ordered a pair of Walnut Shell Daltons from Pelle Line. Someone on here said that they had some left in stock; I ordered a 9D, and it looks as if they have a good amount of Walnut Shell Daltons left. I think that the website incorrectly lists the color as "dark brown," because the website pictures definitely have an orangish hue to them. Looking forward to receiving them.

post #32885 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by green garden View Post

Ordered a MTO cappuccino first week of Sept.  Got notification 5 weeks later that it failed inspection.  So I think I'm on week 8 now.  Anxiously waiting.

My first pair of MTOs (Cappuccino Jeffersons) are waiting for me at home. I guess I got lucky because they got through on their first pass.

-Mike
post #32886 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss17 View Post

Where would one acquire such slippers for $60?
From Allen Edmonds, not too long ago during the Rediscover America sale.
post #32887 of 70737
Double post.
post #32888 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by uunngghh View Post

I'm thinking about purchasing a pair of Snuff Suede Amok seconds. Is there anyway to tell if the version I get was manufactured before or after they fixed the squeaking problem? I'm not sure I can discern whether they squeak or not from just walking on carpet.

Where are you going to get them? They were discontinued a while ago. Do you wear an odd size?

post #32889 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post
 


Bingo! :nodding:

What is the difference other than the color of the laces?

post #32890 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss17 View Post


Where would one acquire such slippers for $60?

Give one of the outlets a call.

post #32891 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post
 

Just ordered a pair of Walnut Shell Daltons from Pelle Line. Someone on here said that they had some left in stock; I ordered a 9D, and it looks as if they have a good amount of Walnut Shell Daltons left. I think that the website incorrectly lists the color as "dark brown," because the website pictures definitely have an orangish hue to them. Looking forward to receiving them.

They definitely are walnut.

I got mine ~8 months ago from there. 

post #32892 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I have asked this myself, and gotten little answers in terms of quality differences. I am of the understanding that the JR soles and the Independence Soles are of roughly equivalent quality and that you should anticipate a similar wear life between the two.

-Mike

I have the Jeffersons with generic double (factory) soles and JR's on two other AE's and a vintage pair of Florsheims that Nick V installed about 8 months ago. They all seem uniformly excellent.
post #32893 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by njruss View Post
 

What is the difference other than the color of the laces?

Is the blue darker?  (I know they are $76 cheaper)

post #32894 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by njruss View Post
 

Is the blue darker?  (I know they are $76 cheaper)

 

darker blue, different soles, different stitching color , same great shoe!

 

I wouldn't pass these up if you were looking for a pair of casual wingtips, great deal.

post #32895 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

How much were you charged?

 

I just got the reciept and it says it's shipping UPS ground, I am positve I am going to get hit with a fee now. 

 

I ordered from the Shoebank earlier this year and the shoes were delivered via FexEx. Other than a $30 shipping fee (I believe that's how much it was) there were absolutely no other fees...no taxes, no duty, nothing. I think I just lucked out.

 

I've been burned by fees when receiving UPS packages, though. Not sure what accounts for this difference.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...