Cinciikid - Those look great. The shell looks amazing out of the box.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2154post #32296 of 7073510/21/13 at 2:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32297 of 7073510/21/13 at 2:47pmI'm a bit down.
The brown Patriot cordovan webgems i ordered last month never made the 10/15 promised ship date. I called in about them last week to which I was told that they would have to email me an update.
No email ever came so I called in to AE late today. I was told that the uppers did not pass inspection pushing back delivery an extra couple of weeks.
I was relying on having these shoes no later than the first of the month since I;ll be travelling, but now that is in doubt.
On the flipside , all of you 2nds fiends will be glad to get a shot at a pair in 10EEE soon.post #32298 of 7073510/21/13 at 2:47pmQuote:
I don't really need a plain-toe boot, but if I could have an Allen Edmonds plain-toe boot that is one of a kind, I might need that.post #32299 of 7073510/21/13 at 2:53pmpost #32300 of 7073510/21/13 at 2:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by DNSamurai
I know this is off topic, but there are clearly a lot of thoughtful enlightened people on this thread whose input I would seriously appreciate.
I'm getting married in May 2014 and our color scheme is grey,yellow, and purple.
I was wondering if anyone has some ideas of good color schemes I could wear in terms of my shirt and tie. My suit will be some shade of grey. The easy obvious choice is just a white shirt with a purple or yellow tie (thinking I'll have my groomsmen all wear one color, and I'd wear the other). Maybe that is the best idea, but are there are any other shirt colors that might be worth considering?
Also, any sub-$500 off-the-rack suits that are wedding worthy (would take to a tailor of course)? I'm about 6' 220 with wide shoulders. I usually wear a 44r, sometimes a 46 depending on the cut. If I have to I'll shell out the $ for a custom-made suit, but if there are some good OTR options, I'd rather put that money into something else.
Finally, what shoes would you go with? Black or Walnut Strands?
Thanks in advance!
As far as $500 range suits, I can vouch for the Benjamin line of suiting from eHaberdasher. They are fully canvassed and easily worth much more than they are being sold for. Sizing is a nice slim fit. However, the only gray they have at this time is medium gray (I've been lobbying Ben to get some lighter grays...none yet). If this is a super casual, outdoor wedding, you could always try a yellow or purple gingham shirt with the opposite color solid knit tie. If it's not that casual, I'd go with a white shirt and a yellow tie with a purple lapel flower. Walnut Strands with either of these choices, but get a matching belt.post #32301 of 7073510/21/13 at 3:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by OptoDoc
As far as $500 range suits, I can vouch for the Benjamin line of suiting from eHaberdasher. They are fully canvassed and easily worth much more than they are being sold for. Sizing is a nice slim fit. However, the only gray they have at this time is medium gray (I've been lobbying Ben to get some lighter grays...none yet). If this is a super casual, outdoor wedding, you could always try a yellow or purple gingham shirt with the opposite color solid knit tie. If it's not that casual, I'd go with a white shirt and a yellow tie with a purple lapel flower. Walnut Strands with either of these choices, but get a matching belt.
If he's going to roll the dice on a Benjamin suit from EHaberdasher, he needs to order it immediately and post fit pictures. While the fabric and full canvas are nice, the cut does not work for all builds. I had to return mine because the collar gap was beyond extreme.
I would recommend Kent Wang's MTM program. Many have done it for their wedding and the cost is somewhere around $800. Well worth the additional $300 in my opinion.post #32302 of 7073510/21/13 at 3:49pmpost #32303 of 7073510/21/13 at 4:04pmpost #32304 of 7073510/21/13 at 4:12pmQuote:I figured that was a natural welt. I went with chili. Excited to get mine!Originally Posted by cincikid
Thank you, gentlemen. I am really happy with how they turned out.
To answer your questions:
1. Jungle--you're right, these are cappuccino shell
2. Tifosi--the welt is natural and the edge is transparent chili. I was actually expecting it to be a little lighter (it's a shed darker in life than it is on the pictures), so I might want to check with Allison whether they might be able change the color at this point.post #32305 of 7073510/21/13 at 4:16pmpost #32306 of 7073510/21/13 at 4:45pmpost #32307 of 7073510/21/13 at 5:37pmpost #32308 of 7073510/21/13 at 5:44pmpost #32309 of 7073510/21/13 at 5:50pmpost #32310 of 7073510/21/13 at 5:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by WestCoastBadger
Can anyone post a side-by-side picture comparison of Walnut Burnished Calf vs. Bourbon Calf? I'm going back and forth between the two colors for a pair of Dalton wingtip boots and I thought a pic of both (shared lighting, etc..) might help me out. If the picture happens to have a pair of grey trousers or jeans in it as well, all the better.
Also, can anyone chime in with a comparison of the fit between the Dalton and the Strand (the AE shoe I have in a 13D)?
Walnut, Bourbon, Brown. Sorry for bad photo, but hopefully this helps. Disclaimer, my Bourbon Strands were very different from my Bourbon Flatirons - your mileage may vary.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 13 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 19 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 30 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 31 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 33 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 33 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?