or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 216  

post #3226 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

Can these be fixed??

424
278
367

A skilled cobbler could probably pull those back together with some hand stitching, though the stitching will be visible; sort of a Frankenshoe area. Pant legs should cover it sufficiently and if it doesn't bother you, these would be a steal for that price. Overall, a patch job (~ $20) will never be seen by anyone. The real test will be putting them on without them tearing. You'd have to baby that area and be extremely careful with the shoehorn.
post #3227 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
424
278
367
A skilled cobbler could probably pull those back together with some hand stitching, though the stitching will be visible; sort of a Frankenshoe area. Pant legs should cover it sufficiently and if it doesn't bother you, these would be a steal for that price. Overall, a patch job (~ $20) will never be seen by anyone. The real test will be putting them on without them tearing. You'd have to baby that area and be extremely careful with the shoehorn.

So would this type of repair stand up to recrafting? Assuming they are put back on the original last during a recraft, would there be risk re-tearing the area?

I suppose you could just plan on only resoles and not full recrafts during the life of the shoe?
post #3228 of 70737

Are the Kenilworths still on sale from the last February sale? Is the $35 off donated shoes deal still active?
 

Many thanks.

post #3229 of 70737
How come AE online and stores (I think?) don't carry the Clifton. I think it is one of the best models AE has, up there with the Strand.
post #3230 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
424
278
367
A skilled cobbler could probably pull those back together with some hand stitching, though the stitching will be visible; sort of a Frankenshoe area. Pant legs should cover it sufficiently and if it doesn't bother you, these would be a steal for that price. Overall, a patch job (~ $20) will never be seen by anyone. The real test will be putting them on without them tearing. You'd have to baby that area and be extremely careful with the shoehorn.

So would this type of repair stand up to recrafting? Assuming they are put back on the original last during a recraft, would there be risk re-tearing the area?

I suppose you could just plan on only resoles and not full recrafts during the life of the shoe?

An excellent question for Allen Edmonds to answer. I had not considered that.
Unless the buyer gets them patched up, then has a TOPY layer put on the soles (I know, I know) to thwart off recrafting altogether? Another option is to cut the heels off both shoes and use them as house slippers...maybe not. shog[1].gif
post #3231 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

How come AE online and stores (I think?) don't carry the Clifton. I think it is one of the best models AE has, up there with the Strand.

The Clifton is a model that Allen Edmonds makes specifically for Nordstrom
post #3232 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJG_NYC View Post

Work environment is far from "very conservative" -- I have Fifth Avenues and Park Avenues for those more conservative situations. I really wish AE had a medallion toe (flatiron) in a balmoral.
My current rotation is as follows:
Park Avenues in Black
Fifth Avenues in Burnished Brown
Strand in Walnut
Randolph in Chili
Trying to add to that group and would be open to suggestions!

The AE Augusta might have been up your alley then, too bad It's discontinued for now. How about a wingtip or burgundy option, looks like it could fit into your rotation nicely.
post #3233 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

How come AE online and stores (I think?) don't carry the Clifton. I think it is one of the best models AE has, up there with the Strand.

as noted, its a nordstrom's special, but I agree, love the clifton...great shape
post #3234 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticfoodie View Post

The Clifton is a model that Allen Edmonds makes specifically for Nordstrom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

as noted, its a nordstrom's special, but I agree, love the clifton...great shape

This is not true, and I've seen the Clifton sold in an AE retail store. I own two pairs myself. You can also just call AE and they should be able to help you get a pair no problem.
post #3235 of 70737
Anybody got the Players Shoe? If so, please share your experiences and thoughts. I am thinking this will be my go-to shoe for the summer.
post #3236 of 70737
post #3237 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post

allenedmonds_shoes_jermyn_black_l.jpg
LOL.
Link: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF5007_1_40000000001_-1

It's almost like they have two design teams: one with great style (capuccino cordovan models, Flatiron, etc) and then one with awful style (the above, webgems, etc).
post #3238 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJG_NYC View Post


 I really wish AE had a medallion toe (flatiron) in a balmoral.
 


Look at the AE Weybridge - I have them in chili and black

post #3239 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDave View Post

Anybody got the Players Shoe? If so, please share your experiences and thoughts. I am thinking this will be my go-to shoe for the summer.


I have them in walnut calf.  They were my first pair of AE's, in fact.  They're comfortable and, IMHO, beautiful, and I wear them mostly with suits as well as with the occasional wool pant and blazer.

post #3240 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythage View Post

Are the Kenilworths still on sale from the last February sale? Is the $35 off donated shoes deal still active?
 

Many thanks.


I'm not sure if the Kenliworths are still on sale, but from my own experience the $35 donated shoes deal cannot be used on a sale item.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...