or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2146  

post #32176 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetchuck View Post

Is that the standard black welt/black edge trim? 

Yep... Went completely boring with the standard make up... Just wanted a burgundy strand (not knowing they would make it the webgem 3 weeks later!)
post #32177 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

Just realized that since Sanford has been discontinued, AE doesn't make any cap-toe blucher :brick:

Here's my MTO Clifton

 

post #32178 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


No love for Clifton?

Btw 6pm was selling Sanford's for under 200$ for a while. Maybe a few still left...
 
I actually do have a pair of Sanfords, but I was thinking of something similar..., but also different enough to justify the purchase. I love Cliftons, so maybe this is the way to go. Thanks for the heads-up, btw
 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by SloopyNoob View Post
 

Here's my MTO Clifton

 

 

These are gorgeous! I do remember them from a few pages back. Love them a lot better than Sanfords, actually.
post #32179 of 70737

Thx. I already have the Strands so Cliftons are a natural choice over Sanfords for me :)

post #32180 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICaniac View Post
 

 

Great look--wish I could pull it off.

 

Why can't you?  These are a pretty simple style and versatile in my opinion, thats what I like about them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


What's your size? The medallion looks so much bigger on yours than it does on my clodhoppers!

 

11.5 D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloopyNoob View Post
 

Here's my MTO Clifton

 

 

Gorgeous!  I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for something in Chili.  That and Cappuccino.  

post #32181 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by salgy View Post


Yep... Went completely boring with the standard make up... Just wanted a burgundy strand (not knowing they would make it the webgem 3 weeks later!)

I hear you on that! I also ordered a pair of Merlot Strands a week ago and wasn't informed it would be the next WebGem.....

post #32182 of 70737

Tan strands are a thing of beauty.

post #32183 of 70737

Just got McTavish in the mail.  They are larger than other 5 last that I have (Strands, Fifths, Park Aves).  Everyone experience the same?

post #32184 of 70737

Hello gents,

 

Was wondering how I could transform the kind of brand-new-Dark-Burnished Brown into a more... nicer "browner" color. Would really like to lighten them up a bit. They're so dark right now. 

post #32185 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

Hello gents,

 

Was wondering how I could transform the kind of brand-new-Dark-Burnished Brown into a more... nicer "browner" color. Would really like to lighten them up a bit. They're so dark right now. 


What about leaving them in the sun for a few hours? That might help a little.
post #32186 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

Just got McTavish in the mail.  They are larger than other 5 last that I have (Strands, Fifths, Park Aves).  Everyone experience the same?

Yes, absolutely. And by quite a bit too.
post #32187 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

Hello gents,

Was wondering how I could transform the kind of brand-new-Dark-Burnished Brown into a more... nicer "browner" color. Would really like to lighten them up a bit. They're so dark right now. 

I used AE's saddle brown polish to lighten up a pair of Delrays. Really like the result.
post #32188 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

Just got McTavish in the mail.  They are larger than other 5 last that I have (Strands, Fifths, Park Aves).  Everyone experience the same?
yup. It's because of the leather used
post #32189 of 70737
Good call, OptoDoc. That would be a winner!
post #32190 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

Why can't you?  These are a pretty simple style and versatile in my opinion, thats what I like about them.  

IMO shoes built on an elongated last look best on men with a similar physique. I'm too barrel chested and need shoes that make my feet look smaller than they are.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...