Yes, I think I might have done that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2131post #31952 of 7073710/16/13 at 12:33pmpost #31953 of 7073710/16/13 at 12:43pm
I'd gladly sign that. Even though I don't have a MTO, I do have this:Quote:Originally Posted by kentyman
So after a lot of phone tag, I finally heard back from Allison regarding my 3 questionable McAllisters.
She said she was going to bring my 3rd pair in and have a powwow with the heads of quality and even Paul himself. Besides agreeing that all the other defects weren't right, they determined that the ridges were indeed not ideal and something they wanted to look into remedying. The ridge is indeed from the lower piece of leather showing through, so she is working with the designers to come up with a new pattern where this doesn't happen. She said they'll make two uppers with this new pattern to try to yield a pair without the ridge, and she will personally inspect it before sending me the 4th attempt. I asked if this was a custom makeup or if they were looking into incorporating this permanently to the McAllister, and she said for now it would just be for me but if it works out they would consider doing it for all McAllisters.
I'm very happy how seriously she took this. I basically wanted a pair with less of a ridge, so would've been fine with her just finding one that looked better. Instead, she took it upon herself to not only make me happy but also possibly tweak the model for the future. Additionally, I was given a gift card to make up for waiting a few months to get this resolved.
Anyway, add this story to the numerous other examples of great customer service from Allen Edmonds.
I have been gone for months, but I wanted to follow up on round 4 of these McAllisters. Here they are made with the new experimental pattern to remove the toe ridge. Proof that it can be done:
The only possible blemish I saw was a particularly wrinkled piece of leather in the lacing, either from weaker leather or just sitting in the box wrong, but after some Reno and lacing them properly, I think it's not a big deal:
Looking forward to wearing these for the first time not-this-but-next weekend at a good friend's wedding!post #31954 of 7073710/16/13 at 1:11pmQuote:
haha... I say it sort of tongue in cheek. Before coming to this thread I had no idea that men had so many pairs of shoes. IF not for AE's excellent customer service all the shoe buying and free publicity/advertising AE gets from this thread would be hard to believe. However, I do know for myself that AE has the best CS around so it's no wonder that they have such devoted and enthusiastic customers.post #31955 of 7073710/16/13 at 1:13pmI don't have the slightest idea how to start this, but would anyone be interested in pooling funds together and getting MTO Allison a small(or large, depending on SF participation) token of appreciation? Just a thought since there seems to have been a surge in MTO orders during the sale. It would make for a nice gesture.post #31956 of 7073710/16/13 at 1:15pmpost #31957 of 7073710/16/13 at 1:17pmQuote:I thought about that too, but I was just thinking of something we could email around and have everyone electronically sign and say a few words. I think a gesture like that would go a long way. I'd gladly head it up if there is genuine interest.Originally Posted by MKJ1
I don't have the slightest idea how to start this, but would anyone be interested in pooling funds together and getting MTO Allison a small(or large, depending on SF participation) token of appreciation? Just a thought since there seems to have been a surge in MTO orders during the sale. It would make for a nice gesture.post #31958 of 7073710/16/13 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by MKJ1
I don't have the slightest idea how to start this, but would anyone be interested in pooling funds together and getting MTO Allison a small(or large, depending on SF participation) token of appreciation? Just a thought since there seems to have been a surge in MTO orders during the sale. It would make for a nice gesture.
There would probably be better luck with PMing or emailing the President if at all possible and relaying our gratitude for her effort.
He will take care of her.
Most companies frown upon employees receiving gifts from clients.
My 2 cents...post #31959 of 7073710/16/13 at 1:20pmpost #31960 of 7073710/16/13 at 1:33pmpost #31961 of 7073710/16/13 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by kentyman
Thanks for the comments. Sounds like the size is worth sticking with. I'll have to decide about the pitting, which actually closer to pockmarks in some places.
New Shoes1, I'm surprised to hear that getting the polish off make it less noticeable. I would've expected the polish to almost act as women's concealer/foundation makeup to fill in holes, and would expect the higher shine to enhance the differences. Can you and/or bucksfan share what the blemishes on your brown shell Patriots look like?
Here is a picture straight out of the box. You can see the rough patch on the toe.
Here's a more recent one.
It's still there, but not as noticeable. I assume the frequent brushing smoothed it down some.post #31962 of 7073710/16/13 at 2:55pmpost #31963 of 7073710/16/13 at 2:57pmpost #31964 of 7073710/16/13 at 3:07pmpost #31965 of 7073710/16/13 at 3:14pmQuote:
or just use any smooth, not cold, hard object. A smooth plastic pot scraper, back of a warm spoon... There is nothing special about bone, despite the hype. It is hard, smooth, and close to room temperature - qualities that can be found in many objects.
Edited by SBear - 10/16/13 at 3:24pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 50 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › New to shoe care and looking for guidance - noob alert 13 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...