I'm going to jump on the amazon deal very soon. Im going to go to a random shoe store to get my foot measured and then purchase based on the measurement and ae's website.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:08 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2106post #31576 of 7073710/12/13 at 2:39pmpost #31577 of 7073710/12/13 at 2:57pmpost #31578 of 7073710/12/13 at 3:13pmQuote:
This must be size / vendor dependent, as nothing is my size is coming up with the RDA pricing. Who was the actual seller? Amazon proper?Quote:
PM sent.post #31579 of 7073710/12/13 at 3:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by AndrewN
I really recommend going to the store and getting fitted properly. Your Allen Edmonds shoe size vs usual shoe size may surprise you. The sizing guide online is only accurate when considering your heel to toe length, which may vary from your heel to ball-of-foot length. For example, on the size guide, my length is a 7.5, but the size that fits the ball of my foot is 8.5 D. If you plan on investing in a quality pair of shoes, it's worth the time to get sized and fitted properly by a professional.
Edit: In the past, people have had success tracing their foot on paper and sending it to the shoebank for a size recommendation.Quote:
Andrew N is spot-on regarding the distance between the base of your heel and the ball of your foot. Depending on which shoe store you go to and the knowledge of the SA, he or she may neglect to give you your size based on this calculation.post #31580 of 7073710/12/13 at 3:30pmpost #31581 of 7073710/12/13 at 3:33pm
I bought a pair of burnished brown CXL leather Bayfield boots. I like them - they fit well and look spiffy - but they squeak loudly when I walk. It's caused by the upper-tongue rubbing against the leather where the eyelets are.
Will this go away with wear or should I apply a product to fix it (i.e. baby powder, or saddle soap)?post #31582 of 7073710/12/13 at 3:38pmI hate you guys. I need a brown shoe....
I now can't decide between the brown cordovan, brown calf, or the independence brown calf. I am inclined to say I like the standard brown burnished calf the best, but the independence dark brown feels so much nicer...and the cordovan is justpost #31583 of 7073710/12/13 at 3:39pm
Here are the Webgem Shell Jeffersons after cleaning them up (renomat, a couple mac method treatments, venetian creme, renovator, and lots of brushing... more of that to come) They shined up pretty nice. I am reminded as to how dark my brown shell strands were when I got them early this summer. A few months later they have lightened up nicely (whether it be from wear or sunlight), and I look forward to these lightening up some as well. All in all, I am very happy with these.post #31584 of 7073710/12/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
...agreed. Nothing that I've seen has been even close to the RDA price. I asked about that previously, and no one responded, so I'm guessing that it's not as straightforward as it seems.post #31585 of 7073710/12/13 at 4:01pmQuote:
I got my Delrays through the Amazon RDA sale + 20% off, so $191 as well. Mine were sold by Amazon proper, but I see that some sizes in the same shoe under ShoeBuy as the vendor are also going for the same price.post #31586 of 7073710/12/13 at 4:10pmQuote:
+1. The heel stack in the online pictures looked pale. The actual shade really looks good. Great make-up.post #31587 of 7073710/12/13 at 4:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy
Here are the Webgem Shell Jeffersons after cleaning them up (renomat, a couple mac method treatments, venetian creme, renovator, and lots of brushing... more of that to come) They shined up pretty nice. I am reminded as to how dark my brown shell strands were when I got them early this summer. A few months later they have lightened up nicely (whether it be from wear or sunlight), and I look forward to these lightening up some as well. All in all, I am very happy with these.
Nice catch! Can you post side by side color compare with your Strands? Would be very interested to see how the brown shell evolved. Thanks.post #31588 of 7073710/12/13 at 4:50pmQuote:
The Rothsays have been a dream on the foot all day! The cushion of the sole, paired with the cushioned insole has been wonderful. The height is perfect- doesn't interfere with ankle motion, at all. I am loving the look of the black welt breaking up the brown upper and cream sole. FYI: the Harrier sole will soak in dirt, but I guess that's to be expected.
I would highly recommend them as a casual F/W boot.post #31589 of 7073710/12/13 at 5:35pmpost #31590 of 7073710/12/13 at 6:27pm
I was wondering how burgundy/#8 PRB would look with the natural welt and sole edge. Have never seen one made either by AE or Alden, but stumbled upon a pair of Trickers on eBay just now (http://tinyurl.com/m5fyx2n), and I think they look awesome.
Will check with Nick V. whether they can change the black edge on my Alden for BB PTBs to natural.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › "Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis" --... 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway