or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2089  

post #31321 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

I wonder though whether they might have black CXL for an MTO at the Port Washington warehouse? 
Only one way to find out... Let us know what the answer is.
post #31322 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Love these. I wore mine yesterday. 
There is a shop in NJ that has these unlined in stock still, in a few sizes. (If there are any rare shell lovers looking...)
Pelle Line
I got my pair there ~6 months ago. 
You can see what is available on their website.
They have them listed as brown, but I assure you they are Walnut Shell Cordovan.

After selling mine last month (due to them being too big), I thought I'd never get another chance to own 'em. This post is very much appreciated!
post #31323 of 70737

I would be surprised if AE did not have stock of CXL. It is a great leather and generally available

post #31324 of 70737
#8 Shell Banchory order placed with Allison smile.gif I like the toe shape on it way better than the MacNeil or Larchmont, and the unlined aspect of it is going to be great! Specs, #8 shell, unstructured, unlined, exposed brass eyelets, chili welt, light brown edge, double JR sole.

So that's two MTO shell orders, both things I've wanted in unlined for a long while now. Lots of discussion of Alden vs. AE, but I'll say that being able to get a pair of shell cordovan unlined, unstructured wingtips and longwings at $500? That's something that Alden just can't come even close to competing with.

Also, just talked with Allison, because of something I didn't notice the first time on my invoices... the 1/2 in sole sock liner on the Neumok (and I got that on the Banchory instead of Poron) is always made of the same material as the shoe... so, that's going to be a shell cordovan innersole. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #31325 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Only one way to find out... Let us know what the answer is.

Have been trying since morning. No response so far. Will keep you in the loop. 

post #31326 of 70737
Just was on the phone with Allison. They have black and brown CXL. No natural or any other color.
post #31327 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaplatypus View Post

After selling mine last month (due to them being too big), I thought I'd never get another chance to own 'em. This post is very much appreciated!
I can't believe they show up in my size on the website. Too bad I placed myself on a strict "no buying" diet. Oh well. I am not a huge fan of the Daltons, but I wouldn't mind having them in walnut.
post #31328 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

#8 Shell Banchory order placed with Allison smile.gif I like the toe shape on it way better than the MacNeil or Larchmont, and the unlined aspect of it is going to be great! Specs, #8 shell, unstructured, unlined, exposed brass eyelets, chili welt, light brown edge, double JR sole.

So that's two MTO shell orders, both things I've wanted in unlined for a long while now. Lots of discussion of Alden vs. AE, but I'll say that being able to get a pair of shell cordovan unlined, unstructured wingtips and longwings at $500? That's something that Alden just can't come even close to competing with.

Also, just talked with Allison, because of something I didn't notice the first time on my invoices... the 1/2 in sole sock liner on the Neumok (and I got that on the Banchory instead of Poron) is always made of the same material as the shoe... so, that's going to be a shell cordovan innersole. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

I like your signature.

post #31329 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Have been trying since morning. No response so far. Will keep you in the loop. 
I have been waiting on an email response from Allison, too. Now I know why...haha. That is one busy girl!
post #31330 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I can't believe they show up in my size on the website. Too bad I placed myself on a strict "no buying" diet. Oh well. I am not a huge fan of the Daltons, but I wouldn't mind having them in walnut.

Walnut Dalton is am awesome boot! Seriously it is unlined so it is super comfortable and lightweight and a killer color. I get the no buying thing completely, but just figured I would make it more difficult for you :)

post #31331 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Walnut Dalton is am awesome boot! Seriously it is unlined so it is super comfortable and lightweight and a killer color. I get the no buying thing completely, but just figured I would make it more difficult for you smile.gif
I appreciate that, Ryden! I might consider them more if I didn't just have to pay for my Leeds this morning.
post #31332 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Only one way to find out... Let us know what the answer is.

It was a spontaneous decision, but I just decided on the Leeds MTO made of the black CXL on the Dainite sole with the natural welt and the natural mid-sole with the brass eyelets and alabaster laces. I hope this will be a great shoe for the casual wear. 

post #31333 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

It was a spontaneous decision, but I just decided on the Leeds MTO made of the black CXL on the Dainite sole with the natural welt and the natural mid-sole with the brass eyelets and alabaster laces. I hope this will be a great shoe for the casual wear. 
Wow! You ain't kiddin spontaneous!
post #31334 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

It was a spontaneous decision, but I just decided on the Leeds MTO made of the black CXL on the Dainite sole with the natural welt and the natural mid-sole with the brass eyelets and alabaster laces. I hope this will be a great shoe for the casual wear. 

This will be awesome!! I keep telling myself I dont need anything else right now but I really want a pair of black CXL.

post #31335 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

This will be awesome!! I keep telling myself I dont need anything else right now but I really want a pair of black CXL.
I get why you are telling yourself that, but a pair of CXL Leeds would be great. ;-)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...