Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 11:50 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 208post #3106 of 707373/1/12 at 6:32pmpost #3107 of 707373/1/12 at 6:43pmpost #3108 of 707373/1/12 at 6:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
Yes you can. They aren't the best without treatment (like HDLP) for use in very wet conditions. I have dedicated hiking and hunting boots for rough use but my Bayfields would handle groomed trails without issue if I wanted them to. They are a comfortable boot to me, I like them a lot.
Agreed. The Bayfield's are great and CXL is very durable leather. Scuffs, cuts, etc. clean up nicely with leather conditioner and cream polish. I find them very comfortable and great for light hiking as you described.post #3109 of 707373/1/12 at 6:56pmpost #3110 of 707373/1/12 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
The 5 last is a harsh mistress...
My first 2 pairs of AE's were on the 5 last, and i did realize that they do have a gap on the sides when i stand flat footed. The heel does not slip though, and it is a comfortable fit otherwise. Having said that, it was definitely troubling enough for me to stop buying shoes on that last.
Same here. After buying several pairs of AE in different lasts, I've conlcluded that one and only last I can wear is the 8 last.... of which I think I have 4-5 pairs nowpost #3111 of 707373/1/12 at 7:34pmpost #3112 of 707373/1/12 at 7:48pmpost #3113 of 707373/1/12 at 7:56pmpost #3114 of 707373/1/12 at 8:08pmI finally got the McTavish today - and I'm glad I did. I think this is going to be a great casual / business casual shoe. This is supposedly the same last and style as the McAllister. But I wear a 9 1/2 D in the McAllister and the 9D fit perfect in the McTavish. I don't know if the McTavish is cut a little different or AE is making the 5 last a bit fuller now. Either way, I'm liking the McTavish.post #3115 of 707373/1/12 at 8:13pmpost #3116 of 707373/1/12 at 8:24pmpost #3117 of 707373/1/12 at 8:27pmpost #3118 of 707373/1/12 at 11:18pm
First post. Going to 5+ weddings this summer and spring and figured it was time to invest in some brown shoes to go with my navy suit. Already have a pair of black AE's, so figured I'd go brown. Here's a couple I've been looking at, opinions of each? In mid 20's if that helps.
AE Clifton, either in burgundy or walnut:
Kenilworth (walnut, brown burnished):
Can't really decide how functional a color walnut would be. My favorite is probably the Clifton, burgundy seems like the safer bet. Thoughts?post #3119 of 707373/2/12 at 12:06ampost #3120 of 707373/2/12 at 3:59am
Exactly. Changing lasts will not help, this issue has shown up in newer AE shoes and seems to occur way too often on at least the 1 and 5 lasts. I just boxed up my new shell Bradley's and sent them back yesterday asking for a replacement pair that measures 2.4" across the top opening like the rest of my shoes on the #1 last instead of the 3.1" that I received.
I included a copy of my post in the box and will see what happens. Really like the shoe a lot but I am not going to wear it or any other shoe like that. It also makes the heel a lot looser so it slips, so have no idea for the reasoning behind it.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots Mclean 9D 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 9 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...