Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/27/17 at 7:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2041post #30601 of 7073710/1/13 at 4:16pmpost #30602 of 7073710/1/13 at 4:17pmpost #30603 of 7073710/1/13 at 4:33pmpost #30604 of 7073710/1/13 at 4:39pmQuote:
Living in Montana, I chose the Long Branch - even though I like the Dalton.
Firsts are on sale for $221.00 in selected sizes: Click Here
All my best,
Davidpost #30605 of 7073710/1/13 at 5:20pmpost #30606 of 7073710/1/13 at 5:49pmQuote:
No, it feels fine. Snug but not tight. Nothing pinches or rubs and I can move my toes around. I tried 8D and 7.5E and on both sizes, the sides flared out on the outside ankle. The gap concerned me at first but the shoes felt fine so I went with it. I wore them all last night and this morning and have no blisters or sore spots.post #30607 of 7073710/1/13 at 5:51pm
Any thoughts on the Kenilworth versus the new Fort Collins? Both are available from Nordstrom and both are available (in various colors) as part of the RDA sale.
Does anyone have either one, and/or can they comment on the fit compared to Park/Fifth Aves?
FORT COLLINS:post #30608 of 7073710/1/13 at 6:10pmpost #30609 of 7073710/1/13 at 6:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
Well of the masses in question, one might assume that a large portion of them have discovered the internet - and that this portion is increasing rather than decreasing. Of those AE customers using the web, surely a large number of them have discovered the web site. The sales are generally on the home page x% off everything for y reason. Hard to miss. And for those who have signed up for e-mail notifications (again, one would have to think that number to be increasing, not decreasing) they get told. Every time. Hard not to notice.
I was thinking we were discussing the fact that AE's can regularly be had at prices significantly below those listed on their website, including seconds as a major component of that, which is cheapening the brand, but maybe I was mistaken.
The "masses" are obviously increasing rather than decreasing in internet usage, that's no debate. I would certainly agree that average customers giving consideration towards buying AE may certainly visit their website.
However, I don't agree that simply visiting their website will cause anything near a cheapening of the brand because of frequency of sales. They have a few well placed sales at the same time every year, and they always have a clearance section. The sales have a nice attractive cover photo on their homepage. The models that go on sale during their few well placed sales every year are different from sale to sale. If you were a regular, uninformed consumer looking to purchase some first quality AE's, you may need to buy them during that sale (but if you are an uninformed consumer you wouldn't realize that). Otherwise, you may not see them on sale again for over a year, or more.
Their website doesn't mention anything about seconds, or the shoe bank.
From personal experience, the emails are hit or miss with who gets them, which is beyond me. Just like The Shoe Mart's email for Alden seconds, sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't (again that's my experience, but yours may differ). I am signed up for all emails and mail notices, as far as I know. However, it is actually quite common for someone to get on here and mention something they got in the mail regarding a sale, but I didn't get anything in my mail or email. I've even gone back and resigned up to see if it fixed the problem, to no avail. They remain hit or miss.
All this is irrelevant if you feel like their main website has sales occurring too frequently, at their designated annual times. We will just have to agree to disagree on that. I do think that the sheer number of newbies that come into the thread and ask questions about sales, dates, where to find discounts, what the shoe bank is, whether a price is a good deal, etc., is rather solid evidence that the information isn't readily available without actively searching and inquiring.post #30610 of 7073710/1/13 at 6:18pmpost #30611 of 7073710/1/13 at 6:31pmQuote:
I have 1 pair brown shell and two pairs cappuccino and by far prefer the cappuccino. Just a richer colorpost #30612 of 7073710/1/13 at 7:10pmQuote:
Very cool, I am looking forward to seeing how they compare. What edges did you get?post #30613 of 7073710/1/13 at 7:17pmReceived my Dundees today! They were supposed to have a light welt stitch to create a bit more casual look but I was aware of this prior to shipping.
They are a similar makeup to the pair tiffosi got with the difference being mine have a Dainite sole
This is my 4th pair of AE shell but the first I have seen with these bagspost #30614 of 7073710/1/13 at 7:20pmpost #30615 of 7073710/1/13 at 7:30pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 23 seconds ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 32 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › TOTALLY FINAL PRICE DROP! Banana Republic - Mid-thigh length... 7 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...