Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2021post #30302 of 707379/28/13 at 3:45pmpost #30303 of 707379/28/13 at 4:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg
I went into the local AE store today to try-on and order a pair of the Web Gem shell Jeffersons today. The standard calfskin Jefferson looked and felt pretty good, so hopefully the shell version is about the same in feel. It should look pretty smashing. I think I'm going to need to be done with buying shoes for a very long while after this pair (I also have another pair of shoes on order that may arrive at about the same time as the shell Jeffersons)...
So, did anyone else pull the trigger on the the brown shell Web Gems? Didn't seem like very many here went for this round of Web Gems. I guess the Jefferson might be the only worthwhile pair from this round though.
BTW, the Minneapolis store have already started the Rediscover America sale today. All AE branded items are at least 15% off, with some featured items at a greater discount. Picked up a football leather belt while I was there.
I'm still on the fence with the Jefferson and time is running out to decide. I may just stick to calfskin for now and save some money as I also want to pickup the brown shell Strand during the RDA sale. For curiosity sake, what size were you compared to other 5 last shoes?
On another note, I received a seconds list today and everything Brooks Brothers is listed as closeout whereas before it wasn't. Any specific reason for this? They are still being made?post #30304 of 707379/28/13 at 4:43pmpost #30305 of 707379/28/13 at 6:22pmQuote:
I get mine from Ebay. These work very well...post #30306 of 707379/28/13 at 6:49pmpost #30307 of 707379/28/13 at 7:17pmpost #30308 of 707379/28/13 at 8:17pm
I'm looking to have some recessed toe taps like these (hard plastic or metal):
put onto a few of my leather-soled AE shoes. Is it too late to put on these guys? I've worn them maybe three times.
Can anyone recommend a reliable cobbler in the Boston/Cambridge or Providence area that may do this kind of work? I'm in NYC here and there for work so I know I can always use B. Nelson but thought it'd be easier to take to someone local.
Thanks!post #30309 of 707379/28/13 at 11:28pmpost #30310 of 707379/29/13 at 7:27ampost #30311 of 707379/29/13 at 7:33ampost #30312 of 707379/29/13 at 7:37ampost #30313 of 707379/29/13 at 7:52ampost #30314 of 707379/29/13 at 8:02amIQuote:
I got a flier at home. Flatiron, kennilworth, Franciscan, dalton, larchmont, and others will be under 2 bills. Will post a scan later today!
Edited by peppercorn78 - 9/29/13 at 8:58ampost #30315 of 707379/29/13 at 8:06am
Do you guys have a link for proper shoe care? I don't necessarily want to polish the shoes, but I want to make sure I can do something to keep the leather supple, the shoes clean and free of dirt so I don't cause rips, and cover up scratches etc at the toe.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Official Sales Alert thread 54 seconds ago
- › Looking for high end thinnest 100% wool socks...? 1 minute ago
- › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Baggy Dress Shirts 4 minutes ago
- › Bespoke suit makers in the Palermo area of Sicily? 8 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 21 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...