How much do you add for an MTO onto a regular shoe? Some of the pics of the burgundy fifth street boots look fantastic.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2019post #30271 of 707379/27/13 at 8:45pmpost #30272 of 707379/27/13 at 9:08pmpost #30273 of 707379/27/13 at 9:10pmpost #30274 of 707379/27/13 at 9:19pmpost #30275 of 707379/27/13 at 9:20pmpost #30276 of 707379/27/13 at 9:20pmpost #30277 of 707379/27/13 at 9:21pmpost #30278 of 707379/27/13 at 9:38pmpost #30279 of 707379/27/13 at 9:41pmpost #30280 of 707379/27/13 at 11:22pmpost #30281 of 707379/28/13 at 12:27am
Will the AE Walnut Dalton stand up to regular city wear? If I get caught in the rain, will the leather get stained/darkened?
I'm considering getting a pair of McAllister or Daltons for strictly casual (jeans/button downs) wear. I plan to put topsoles on the shoes.
Would love anyone's two cents here.
Dpost #30282 of 707379/28/13 at 4:58amWhat do you guys think happened to these? They wouldn't come from the factory like that. Looks like he tried to make them into bourbon or add burnishing. Ruined a nice walnut wingtip.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALLEN-EDMONDS-INDEPENDENCE-COLLECTION-JEFFERSON-WALNUT-WINGTIP-10-E-WIDE-445-/360751624321?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item53fe78f081post #30283 of 707379/28/13 at 5:05amQuote:Originally Posted by Olifter
What do you guys think happened to these? They wouldn't come from the factory like that. Looks like he tried to make them into bourbon or add burnishing. Ruined a nice walnut wingtip.
Yuck. I wonder if a cleaning with RenoMat would remove some of that color. If not, I am sure some acetone finger nail polish remover would do the trick. Only after that you would need a thorough conditioning and polishing. I would suggest using a chili polish because they would never look the same as the original walnut again.post #30284 of 707379/28/13 at 7:28am
I've tried a variety of insoles over the years but I've finally found one that works well, is very reasonably priced ($10) and even looks good in a nice pair of shoes. I always thought the bright green foam Spenco insoles looked so out of place in a nice pair of shell shoes.
After trying the Saphir branded Tacco insole, I came across these at amazon. This Pedag brand may very well be the same Tacco insole but they are a few dollars cheaper. With Amazon Prime's free shipping, they were a great deal and I like that they are leather.post #30285 of 707379/28/13 at 8:09am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 8 minutes ago
- › 3 Piece Fresco Suit??? 14 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 26 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 31 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 34 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 37 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 44 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway