or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2015  

post #30211 of 70737
There is a shallow dent in the leather and a darker tone in the dent on these seconds (near center of image). Not a big deal to me but if I can lighten the spot shade/color, I'd like to try. Any suggestions?
post #30212 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

This is exactly what I did.

My Dundees shipped yesterday. They should be very similar to tifosi except mine have a Dainite sole
Very interested to see these on a dainite, ryden.
post #30213 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBear View Post

There is a shallow dent in the leather and a darker tone in the dent on these seconds (near center of image). Not a big deal to me but if I can lighten the spot shade/color, I'd like to try. Any suggestions?
I, personally, would leave it. I'd be afraid of making it worse. Is that the only defect?
post #30214 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Very interested to see these on a dainite, ryden.

 

me too! :)  I was supposed to have a lighter welt stich but I believe they were made with dark instead. Allison took great care of me for the mistake so I am not overly concerned but I would have prefered the lighter stitch.

post #30215 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I, personally, would leave it. I'd be afraid of making it worse. Is that the only defect?
The insole was shifted about 1/4 inch in the same shoe and had a slight visual wrinkle that can't be felt by my foot. Those are the only issues I could find.
post #30216 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBear View Post

There is a shallow dent in the leather and a darker tone in the dent on these seconds (near center of image). Not a big deal to me but if I can lighten the spot shade/color, I'd like to try. Any suggestions?

 

Hm... I don't see any defects. I ONLY SEE PATINA!

post #30217 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Thanks. They are quite stunning.

How do you suggest I keep the coloration in tact? I fear that using brown edge dressing will darken it. Should I go with Chili or Natural?
I'd stick with neutral/natural treatments if they were mine.
post #30218 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post

Hm... I don't see any defects. I ONLY SEE PATINA!
First thing I thought when I saw the spot out of the box was, "I have freckles, and now I have shoes with one, too."
post #30219 of 70737
Been wearing my suede sands and liking them overall. However, they squeak very audibly under my big toe when I walk. Is there anything I can do about this?

Since they're a web gem I doubt they'd do much, and since it happens on both I feel its probably not a single error.
post #30220 of 70737
I'm thinking about going to my local shoe repair guy but I have no idea what to ask for.. I'm looking to buy I guess you would call it sole or edge dressing for the soles of the shoe? I don't know to word it..
post #30221 of 70737

@7_rocket - You mean like this?

post #30222 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by schweezly View Post

Been wearing my suede sands and liking them overall. However, they squeak very audibly under my big toe when I walk. Is there anything I can do about this?

Since they're a web gem I doubt they'd do much, and since it happens on both I feel its probably not a single error.

 

Suede sTrands? Why do you think they won't take care of the webgem? It's still backed by their warranty.

Take it to a local store and let them take a look. They might be able to help. 

It's also likely the squeaking will disappear after a while, as the shoes get adjusted to your feet.

post #30223 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

I'm thinking about going to my local shoe repair guy but I have no idea what to ask for.. I'm looking to buy I guess you would call it sole or edge dressing for the soles of the shoe? I don't know to word it..

 

Why would you dress the soles?

 

I can understand doing the edge, they get scratched up and adding dressing can make a big difference. Edge dressing can easily by found on AEs website.

post #30224 of 70737
IMO the flat welt is best suited for the dalton. The dalton is more of a dress boot, where as the dundee is more of casual boot. Not that the split welt looks bad, just that the flat welt looks better. Just my .02.
post #30225 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Suede sTrands? Why do you think they won't take care of the webgem? It's still backed by their warranty.
Take it to a local store and let them take a look. They might be able to help. 
It's also likely the squeaking will disappear after a while, as the shoes get adjusted to your feet.

These were last months web gems. I know they'll cover, I just meant I don't think there are many extras since it's a one time run.

They're a Vibram sole if that changes why it could be happening.

I want to stop by the local store next week anyways, so I'll likely wear them that day and ask then if it hasn't gone away

74641576-C4E0-439C-B9D3-1AF51922B31C-3557-000001DFCE5AEA28_zps0ab041c2.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...