or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 2013  

post #30181 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post
 

 

 

I was able to cancel the order before shipping them. I'll hold out for something that I know is of better construction quality.

 

Also, the sole edge was a bit darker than I'd like on a sand colored shoe.

 

Glad it worked out the way you wanted.  Hope you end up finding what you want!

post #30182 of 70737
Thank you, MWS. You're a gentleman and a scholar.
post #30183 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Looks like the laces cross the wrong way on the first knot. My wife does this. Drives me nuts! haha

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenB View Post

Lefty :/

 

Here's a vid that'll help:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAFcV7zuUDA

post #30184 of 70737

Does anyone know if you can use the 25% off tanger coupon towards a current cordovan shoe purchase? 

 

By the way, can this coupon be used over the phone/email?

post #30185 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wohwoh View Post
 

Does anyone know if you can use the 25% off tanger coupon towards a current cordovan shoe purchase? 

 

By the way, can this coupon be used over the phone/email?

 

I think you can use the coupon towards everything but sale items (e.g. you can't stack it on top of the 2 for $250 deal). This said, I don't think you can use it towards the shell cordovan shoes if they are still on sale for $299. 

 

I am pretty sure you can use it over the phone/email, but I haven't done it in person. I'd call the J'ville store first. 


Edited by cincikid - 9/27/13 at 10:30am
post #30186 of 70737

Looks like brooks brothers is having their 25% off friends and family sale until 9/30.  Should work on AE shoes.

post #30187 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wohwoh View Post
 

Does anyone know if you can use the 25% off tanger coupon towards a current cordovan shoe purchase? 

 

By the way, can this coupon be used over the phone/email?

 

As the coupon is not on sale items, I don't think it would apply to cordovan shoes right now while they are discounted to $299. To access the coupon after purchase you only need to put your email address in here: http://www.tangeroutlet.com/US/pinkstyle/, so I think you just need to tell the store which email it was bought with and they look that up. 

 

Cincikid types much quicker than I do! 

post #30188 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Close Hoarse View Post
 

Just arrived today, Allen Edmonds Shelton, Special Make Up in linen and brown calf:

Saddle Shoes, or as we used to call them, Rah Rahs, 'cause the cheerleaders all wore them.

 

CH

 

 

 

 

 

I have to say, I'm really appreciating these.  Very vintage looking, and it's nice to see an MTO that isn't shell for a change (not that they aren't beautiful too!).

post #30189 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

 

I think you can use the coupon towards everything but sale items (e.g. you can stack it on top of the 2 for $250 deal). This said, I don't think you can use it towards the shell cordovan shoes if they are still on sale for $299. 

 

I am pretty sure you can use it over the phone/email, but I haven't done it in person. I'd call the J'ville store first. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post
 

 

As the coupon is not on sale items, I don't think it would apply to cordovan shoes right now while they are discounted to $299. To access the coupon after purchase you only need to put your email address in here: http://www.tangeroutlet.com/US/pinkstyle/, so I think you just need to tell the store which email it was bought with and they look that up. 

 

Cincikid types much quicker than I do! 

 

cincikid, you can or can't stack the coupon with the 2/$250 sale? I might call in and ask for a credit refund if you can.

 

 

 

Thank you for the information. It would have been a really slick deal if I could have gotten 25% off $299 shell macneil. 

 

Now I'm thinking if I should still purchase them. :confused: 

post #30190 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post
 

 

As the coupon is not on sale items, I don't think it would apply to cordovan shoes right now while they are discounted to $299. To access the coupon after purchase you only need to put your email address in here: http://www.tangeroutlet.com/US/pinkstyle/, so I think you just need to tell the store which email it was bought with and they look that up. 

 

Cincikid types much quicker than I do! 

 

I was on a particularly boring conference call, so I had some time to check the thread :)

post #30191 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wohwoh View Post
 

 

 

 

cincikid, you can or can't stack the coupon with the 2/$250 sale? I might call in and ask for a credit refund if you can.

 

 

 

Thank you for the information. It would have been a really slick deal if I could have gotten 25% off $299 shell macneil. 

 

Now I'm thinking if I should still purchase them. :confused: 

 

I am sorry for the typo, you CAN'T stack it on the 2 for $250

post #30192 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

 

I am sorry for the typo, you CAN'T stack it on the 2 for $250

 

No worries! Thanks for the information.

post #30193 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post
 

 

These are awesome looking. They have a little clunkiness to them that is really appeaing to me for a casual shoe. Love the eyelets also. I wonder if this can still be made? I may have to email Allison today and ask. I am thinking a burgundy shell would be nice, as shown...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy View Post
 

 

These are awesome looking. They have a little clunkiness to them that is really appeaing to me for a casual shoe. Love the eyelets also. I wonder if this can still be made? I may have to email Allison today and ask. I am thinking a burgundy shell would be nice, as shown...

 



I agree! I might as well call Allison and check whether they could still make it.

 

Please let us know what she says.

post #30194 of 70737

What is your opinion on split reverse welt on the Dalton? It looks pretty nice to me:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/26490#post_6518113

 

But the normal flat welt also has a lot of appeal:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread/27420#post_6548549

 

I like how the flat welt looks elegant, but I also like how the split reverse seems to accentuate the fact it is a boot, and also seems to prevent the upper from looking "blobby".

 

Thoughts?

post #30195 of 70737

I realize this is not an AE-specific post, but given we have a good number of Horween fans in this thread, thought I'd pass along that Huckberry carries some casual wallets and watch bands made from Horween leather.  Not shell cordovan, but still Horween quality.

 

http://www.huckberry.com/store/huckberry-general-store

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...