I just got my catalog in the mail today! Roughly 15% off all AE branded items, with 13 styles marked deeper. Also, some leather goods and all socks 25% off.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 8/18/16 at 7:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:18 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1997post #29942 of 707379/25/13 at 10:11ampost #29943 of 707379/25/13 at 10:14ampost #29944 of 707379/25/13 at 10:21ampost #29945 of 707379/25/13 at 10:22amQuote:Originally Posted by evolved
I believe I've decided on my shell cordovan MTO......thoughts? Opinions?
Cappuccino cordovan MacNeil
Double butyl sole
Split reverse welt
Light brown transparent for sole edge dressing (think about what the Neumok welt/sole looks like).
So, basically, take a cappuccino MacNeil and put it on the sole/welt of a Neumok. I'm aiming for a more casual shoe, hence the lighter sole/welt.
Sounds gorgeous. My order is not far off from that.
Cappuccino Leeds, split reverse, chili edge trim and double butyl. I'm hoping it doesn't take the 6-8 week estimate. My order went in the beginning of Sept.post #29946 of 707379/25/13 at 10:32amQuote:
Patrick, would you mind posting pictures of your Leeds once you get them? I am thinking of the Cappuccino Leeds as well, but will be curious to see yours first. Sadly, AE might be out of cappuccino shell by then...post #29947 of 707379/25/13 at 10:35amQuote:
Pics? I see you had a heel tap problem...fixed? Are your initial concerns of the elastic at the strap resolved?post #29948 of 707379/25/13 at 10:46amDoes anyone have an opinion on how the Mora 2.0 fits compared to something on the 5 last? I have a pair of 8D Fifth Aves that are very snug width and volume wise - not enough to make me not wear them, but enough to ensure I'd want something a little bigger for my next pair!post #29949 of 707379/25/13 at 10:49amQuote:
Based off of my last few MTO's I would not be surprised if it is close to 10-12 weeks...post #29950 of 707379/25/13 at 10:54ampost #29951 of 707379/25/13 at 11:05amQuote:Originally Posted by evolved
I wasn't aware that the lining could be changed....good to know, even though I'm not sure if I'll opt for another color.
As far as sole edge colors go, my impression is that natural is the lightest, followed by light brown transparent, followed by chili.....right?
Any reason why you went with one over the other?
And did you go with a wheeled edge?
So I asked Allison about the JR vs. butyl and here's what she said:
The JR Rendendbach outsole is made with a higher grade leather, it’s a little more “heavy duty”. The Double Butyl is our standard double oak leather outsole used on our Calf version of the Leeds, impregnated with oils to help repel moisture. I would not say one is superior to other, it’s based on how you will be wearing the footwear, and person preference. I feel if you are going to invest in the upper being shell cordovan, you are better off going with the Rendenbach outsole.post #29952 of 707379/25/13 at 11:16amQuote:Originally Posted by wdahab
Oh I wouldn't call that the dark #8. It's not as light as it sometimes is, but my wallet and watch strap are both much, much, much darker than that, much closer to the #8 pictures AE has on their website. My 721s are more like the picture you sent. Though, they've gotten a bit darker over the past year, from sunlight I suppose. Anyway, that is a gorgeous color of #8, I hope my MacNeils are like that.
Thanks - I like they way they turned out too, but they are certainly darker than my older AE burgundy shell:
Good luck with yours! If they arrive darker than you would like, do some damp cloth + brushing...post #29953 of 707379/25/13 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Unregistered
Does anyone have an opinion on how the Mora 2.0 fits compared to something on the 5 last? I have a pair of 8D Fifth Aves that are very snug width and volume wise - not enough to make me not wear them, but enough to ensure I'd want something a little bigger for my next pair!
mora 2.0 is on the 108 last: most people are familiar with this last on the Delray. It is a fuller fit than the 5 last that your Fifth Aves are on, and just a bit shorter.post #29954 of 707379/25/13 at 11:17amQuote:Originally Posted by cincikid
So I asked Allison about the JR vs. butyl and here's what she said:
The JR Rendendbach outsole is made with a higher grade leather, it’s a little more “heavy duty”. The Double Butyl is our standard double oak leather outsole used on our Calf version of the Leeds, impregnated with oils to help repel moisture. I would not say one is superior to other, it’s based on how you will be wearing the footwear, and person preference. I feel if you are going to invest in the upper being shell cordovan, you are better off going with the Rendenbach outsole.
Thanks for the research, and I agree with her. I always go with JR if I can.post #29955 of 707379/25/13 at 11:21amQuote:
I emailed AE and they immediately provided a UPS shipping label to have it fixed. I didn't have a box to ship it in so I kept putting it off until I decided to just have a cobbler glue it on for a few bucks. The heel tap kind of caught on my desk chair and it came off. I was a little miffed as it didn't take very much force for it to come off. However, I wouldn't let that deter you from getting them. I'm picking it up from the cobbler tomorrow so I could take pictures then.As far as the strap goes it just seemed like a weird thing for elastic to be part of a cordovan shoe. Some people on here explained they had durability issues with the noriwch when they were using fully leather straps. The elastic fixed that. I emailed AE and they confirmed the elastic can be replaced during recrafting so I'm not worried.Basically, if you are looking for a shell monk strap the Norwich is a great choice. I'm very happy all things considered.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 29 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 35 seconds ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot ORDER NOW 7 minutes ago
- › MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 9 minutes ago
- › Clear out sale(Clothes): Paul Harnden, Geoffrey B. Small,... 12 minutes ago
- › What Shoe Should I get next? 13 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 13 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding