or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1990  

post #29836 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

I may give the Jefferson in Brown Shell or the cambridge in burgundy shell a try.  Since I just acquired the Alden PTB in dark ravello, I'm not interested in the Leeds or Dundee.  Any suggestions for AE's available shell??   Norwich looks cool but too close to the PTB.
 
Thanks in advance!
I have the burgundy Cambridge and I really like them! Now that the AE factory polish is starting to diminish, they are looking better and better.
post #29837 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Just under $550 with tax. Not bad...
Tax? On shoes?
post #29838 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Tax? On shoes?

 

Yup. There is an AE store in your state, right?

post #29839 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Yup. There is an AE store in your state, right?

Not all states tax clothing.
post #29840 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Yup. There is an AE store in your state, right?
There is, but I have never paid tax on clothes or shoes in PA or in NJ where I currently live.
post #29841 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy0329 View Post

Not all states tax clothing.
+1 Lucky me!!!
post #29842 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


There is, but I have never paid tax on clothes or shoes in PA or in NJ where I currently live.

 

That would be really nice. Here in Ontario we have 13% tax on basically everything, except for basic groceries.

post #29843 of 70737

Just got a blank invoice from Allison for my MTO that started last month. Does that mean they are about to be shipped?

 

I thought it was strange to get one now as I received one when I originally made the purchase.

post #29844 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post

That would be really nice. Here in Ontario we have 13% tax on basically everything, except for basic groceries.
Holy crap, 13%!

NJ makes up for it in property taxes. They get their money either way.
post #29845 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Just got a blank invoice from Allison for my MTO that started last month. Does that mean they are about to be shipped?

I thought it was strange to get one now as I received one when I originally made the purchase.
I don't know that the invoice means. I asked for an update on my MTO that they started 4 weeks ago and Allison said they were in the finishing dept. on their way to inspection. It is possible that yours are nearing completion as well.
post #29846 of 70737
Does anyone have experience with how Parkway fit compared to Strand or McTavish?
post #29847 of 70737
Do I need to worry about buying some of the brown shell webgems now if I want either a strand or jefferson? I guess if I wait I can always do them MTO for the regular shell price with the MTO SF deal?
post #29848 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

 

I may give the Jefferson in Brown Shell or the cambridge in burgundy shell a try.  Since I just acquired the Alden PTB in dark ravello, I'm not interested in the Leeds or Dundee.  Any suggestions for AE's available shell??   Norwich looks cool but too close to the PTB.

 
Thanks in advance!

 

I think orders for the Jefferson in brown shell webgem have to be in by the 29th, and the sale starts on the 30th.

post #29849 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillardiv View Post

Do I need to worry about buying some of the brown shell webgems now if I want either a strand or jefferson? I guess if I wait I can always do them MTO for the regular shell price with the MTO SF deal?

 

Strand should be available as a normal stock item. The Jefferson is a now-or-never deal, with the exception of a MTO.

post #29850 of 70737
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGBERTHA View Post



Does anyone have experience with how Parkway fit compared to Strand or McTavish?



 



Do you have the same size in Strand and McTavish? Even though they're on the same last, the McTavish usually suns larger...



 



The room at the ball of the foot should be close to that of a McTavish, size-to-size. It isn't as narrow as the Strand at the ball, but tapers at the toe.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...