Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1977post #29641 of 707359/21/13 at 5:56am^^ I don't wear my shoes that frequently, either, but I brush after every wearing. I have yet to apply anything to my shells, but I have been researching what I want to use. One I figure out what product I want to use I will probably condition once a year at the most.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29642 of 707359/21/13 at 5:59amQuote:Originally Posted by rydenfan
I would say brush more and Reno less. I brush my shells after every wear, every other at most and Reno once or twice a year. That being said my pairs are not worn as frequently as yours but I do think you could decrease the frequency with which you use Reno. I always give mine a quick brush prior to putting on as well
+1 mine get a quick brushing after each wear, after a few wears, I do a damp rag + brushing, and a couple times per year I do a Reno or wax (for black shoes) treatment.post #29643 of 707359/21/13 at 6:21amQuote:
My contact let me get one for $125, but I originally wanted to do 3 for 375 and she had told me the other two were unavailable. You can ask and they might say okay.
The next sale is likely the rediscover america sale at the end of the month. Its been discussed a few pages back.post #29644 of 707359/21/13 at 6:24ampost #29645 of 707359/21/13 at 6:28amQuote:Quote:
Thanks for the input. Would you say the quality of the suede is the same as in Amoks? The $525 retail makes it more expensive than Alden's unlined chukka so it'd better be good.post #29646 of 707359/21/13 at 6:47ampost #29647 of 707359/21/13 at 6:58ampost #29648 of 707359/21/13 at 7:21ampost #29649 of 707359/21/13 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by shartmann
coolarrow - are you thinking of the RL Sanderson, which is a longwing? The RL Saunders is a chukka boot similar to the Amok. You can see it on the RL site here:
You're right. Me bad. I have the Sandersons in leather so my world revolves around them, lol.post #29650 of 707359/21/13 at 7:39amQuote:Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
My burgundy Cliftons came in today, i must say the 8 last is my favorite, very nice tapered toe:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i've been looking for some cliftons in brown! where did you get these?
also how to size for them if I'm wearing 8.5E in Strands?post #29651 of 707359/21/13 at 7:52ampost #29652 of 707359/21/13 at 8:23amQuote:
Ha, no worries. It gets confusing with all the "S's": Sanderson, Singleton, Saunders, etc. I ordered a pair of brown Saunders a few months ago and they sent me a pair of Sandersons by mistake. When I tried to correct it they were out of stock on the Saunders. I ended up keeping the Sanderson since it was in nice condition and I only paid $129.post #29653 of 707359/21/13 at 8:23ampost #29654 of 707359/21/13 at 9:38amI ordered a pair of the Brooks Brothers football leather chukka boots as part of the 2 for $250 sale. I'm puzzled as to why it's $498 on BB's website even though it clearly states "Allen Edmonds" on the sole. After all, football leather is not a premium leather. I was very interested in this shoe when I first saw it but there was no way I was paying anywhere close to $498 for it, so I'm glad that my size was available in 2nds for this sale. I have no idea what last these are on so hopefully they fit OK.
Edited by MacktasticGDogg - 9/21/13 at 10:00ampost #29655 of 707359/21/13 at 10:22amQuote:Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg
I ordered a pair of the Brooks Brothers football leather chukka boots as part of the 2 for $250 sale. I'm puzzled as to why it's $498 on BB's website even though it clearly states "Allen Edmonds" on the sole. After all, football leather is not a premium leather. I was very interested in this shoe when I first saw it but there was no way I was paying anywhere close to $498 for it, so I'm glad that my size was available in 2nds for this sale. I have no idea what last these are on so hopefully they fit OK.
These are on the 234 last, similar to the Chukkamok.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 20 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 21 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 22 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 23 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 23 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 24 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?