Also probably not as green as cigar shell. Maybe it's closer to ravello. (BTW, my avatar currently is the ravello LWBs from Alden).
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 198post #2956 of 707372/24/12 at 10:15ampost #2957 of 707372/24/12 at 10:16am
Those are the ones I want. Very nice... Maybe the dark brown MacNeils were a test run for F.S.C. and they decided they liked the tan version more?
post #2958 of 707372/24/12 at 10:17amQuote:
These look great! The tan saddle MacNeil look like a great alternative to Alden natural CXL LWBs.post #2959 of 707372/24/12 at 10:43amQuote:
Those do look great. Strange that their tag line is that everything is made within 10 miles of their NY shops, but these are made in Port Washington.post #2960 of 707372/24/12 at 11:30amQuote:
They look pretty nice but I don't care for the black piping.post #2961 of 707372/24/12 at 11:39ampost #2962 of 707372/24/12 at 12:07pmpost #2963 of 707372/24/12 at 1:41pm
New Malverns at the office. They kind of have a weird fit, but I'll put up with it because they are great for today's rainy weather.. Originally got a 9.5D, but these are 10D. I returned the 9.5Ds when the Dainite sole started coming off after being worn only three times. Sherman Bros. was good to me and let me size up one half because of this.post #2964 of 707372/24/12 at 4:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by BigCheese
I just picked up a pair of Fifth Street Boots 9.5 D in chocolate brown from the Shoe Bank, with the $35 discount, total came to $173 with taxes for a first quality shoe. Not too bad IMO.
Also, ordered a pair of Sandlots on clearance for $49 - $35 discount = $14 with free shipping. Happy day for me
Little disappointed after your story when I went to pick up my Fifth Street boots today. Brought a pair of gently used Timberland captoe bluchers in so I could get the $35 discount also, but they didn't allow me to apply the discount towards the boots because they were clearance.
For any New Yorkers, this was the Rockefeller store on 6th ave down the street for Radio City Hall. Oh well. Ended up leaving the Timberland shoes anyway, as it seems like a good cause and I wasn't wearing them.
BTW, for those of you that have Fifth Street boots, how far up do you lace? Seems pretty hard to get the boot on with it laced to the top.post #2965 of 707372/24/12 at 6:04pmpost #2966 of 707372/24/12 at 6:36pmQuote:
One eyelet? I was thinking about skipping 2 or 3.....
Actually now that I think about it, I may straight lace most of the way up and switch to criss-cross where I really need to loosen it.post #2967 of 707372/24/12 at 6:46pmI'm a college junior doing a banking internship this summer in NYC. I need a more "business" pair of shoes to wear everyday. Would black AE Hale's fit the bill? Also, is $219 a good deal for them? I saw them on sale at Nordstrom Rack today.post #2968 of 707372/24/12 at 6:52pmQuote:
Those will be fine, especially in black. I wouldn't split hairs too much - anything that is a balmoral/oxford style, in black, should work. Price, I'm not sure about, but $219 sounds decent. If you know your size, try emailing the outlet. They will send you a list of seconds they have in your size, along with prices. You can see if they have a better deal.
EDIT: Make sure you get leather soled, welted shoes. Don't get any of the casual models with rubber soles. Forgot to mention that, just in case. With a pair of AE's, you'll be better dressed than most of the full time workers there!post #2969 of 707372/24/12 at 7:08pmQuote:
I noticed a ton of Hale's at my local rack recently as well. I'm sure it would be fine but I think there are better looking shoes available at discount. As KMD pointed out, you may do better at one of the factory stores. Also, if you can swing it, but two pair of decent shoes and alternate so you aren't wearing the same shoes 5 days/week. It may seem like a lot of money up front but they'll last longer that way. If you get staple shoes in black like a cap toe (park ave, 5th ave), brogue (strand, mcallister, macneil), maybe even the plain toe blucher kenilworth, you can wear them all with business attire. AE outlets recently had a two for $200 deal so you may get lucky with something like that in the coming months before the summer.
Good luck with the internship.post #2970 of 707372/24/12 at 7:51pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 1 minute ago
- › UK PM May Outlines Brexit Priorities; UK Won't Remain in Single... 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...