or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1968  

post #29506 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post


Your link is for items currently for sale, not items previously sold. Also, what I am challenging is your assertion that seconds regularly sell for $250 on the Bay.

 

Actually if you click on the actual item you'll see that they are sold.

post #29507 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post


Your link is for items currently for sale, not items previously sold. Also, what I am challenging is your assertion that seconds regularly sell for $250 on the Bay.

 

No, it's for sold items. And I didn't say that. You said a certain forum member here routinely flips on eBay and to check his items. I said that seller marks his items up almost double. Read.

post #29508 of 70737

Just received my Summit Ave from the J'ville outlet. I used the 25% off coupon with a breast cancer donation. I thought about picking these up when they were a webgem a few months ago but for the frequency that I'll wear them I couldn't justify the price. But at seconds price with a coupon I figured what the heck. Anyone remember how much these went for when they were a webgem? I think they are just Macneils, right?

 

 

 

post #29509 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post
 

Just received my Summit Ave from the J'ville outlet. I used the 25% off coupon with a breast cancer donation. I thought about picking these up when they were a webgem a few months ago but for the frequency that I'll wear them I couldn't justify the price. But at seconds price with a coupon I figured what the heck. Anyone remember how much these went for when they were a webgem? I think they are just Macneils, right?

 

 

 

 

I think I read they were priced the same as the Broadstreets, so $345?

post #29510 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

Just because that is the listing price does not mean that people are buying them at that price.

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post
 

 

You'd think that but you'd be wrong, they are buying them at that price. I've looked at his sold history because I couldn't believe people we're paying 70-100% over the Shoe Bank price. The Brooks Gatsby were $150 at Shoe Bank for example, and routinely sold for $298.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

 

Sorry, but I have to call bullshit on this one.  I have no doubt there is an occasional uninformed consumer paying $250 for a pair of AE seconds, even though he could get firsts for that price.  However, if you truly have witnessed people regularly paying $250 for AE seconds (as you claim), then why have you not picked up some shoes to flip yourself?  If EBay sellers are regularly making $125 profit per pair of shoes, we would all be flipping AE seconds on the side to support our shoe addiction.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post
 

 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=221284215417&pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=93427&LH_Complete=1&hash=item3385912a79&_ssn=buynsell-wjr&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xgatsby&_nkw=gatsby&_sacat=93427&_from=R40

 

What purpose would I have to make this shit up?

 

And no, I don't see how this is any of your business, but I have better things to do with my time then flip shoes on eBay. When you calculate the fees, shipping, the time to package and ship, and the time dealing with bullshit buyers, you make what $15-20 an hour? My time is worth more than that.

 

You're new, but we're generally pretty civil in this thread.  You made an assertion, which I challenged as untrue.  It was not intended as a personal attack on you.  Responding that you never made the assertion and that I should "read" is inconsistent with the quotes above and more confrontational than you need to be.

post #29511 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post
 

 

Actually if you click on the actual item you'll see that they are sold.

 

Thanks.  I was on my phone and did not click through.

post #29512 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You're new, but we're generally pretty civil in this thread.  You made an assertion, which I challenged as untrue.  It was not intended as a personal attack on you.  Responding that you never made the assertion and that I should "read" is inconsistent with the quotes above and more confrontational than you need to be.

 

Let's go over the facts.

 

1) You said a certain seller flips seconds on eBay and that Troilus should check his items.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

 

Check out EBay in the coming weeks.  There is at least one regular poster on this thread that buys shoes en masse during these seconds sales to flip.

 

 

2) I said that seller marks up 100% over cost.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post
 

 

If he's willing to pay double the Shoe Bank price.

 

 

3) You said you found it hard to believe anyone would buy them if he was doing it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

 

I have a tough time believing anyone is paying $250 for AE seconds on the Bay.  He would surely have to pay a small premium over the $125 plus tax price, though.

 

4) I said he was doing that and that people were indeed buying them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post
 

 

I absolutely don't think he should pay that much, but that's what the seller is listing them for and people who don't know about the Shoe Bank are biting.

 

5) You said "bullshit." (Nice on the civil part by the way)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

Just because that is the listing price does not mean that people are buying them at that price.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post
 

 

You'd think that but you'd be wrong, they are buying them at that price. I've looked at his sold history because I couldn't believe people we're paying 70-100% over the Shoe Bank price. The Brooks Gatsby were $150 at Shoe Bank for example, and routinely sold for $298.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

 

Sorry, but I have to call bullshit on this one.  I have no doubt there is an occasional uninformed consumer paying $250 for a pair of AE seconds, even though he could get firsts for that price.  However, if you truly have witnessed people regularly paying $250 for AE seconds (as you claim), then why have you not picked up some shoes to flip yourself?  If EBay sellers are regularly making $125 profit per pair of shoes, we would all be flipping AE seconds on the side to support our shoe addiction.

 

 

6) I provided a link to show that my Gatsby example was indeed true.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post
 

 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=221284215417&pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=93427&LH_Complete=1&hash=item3385912a79&_ssn=buynsell-wjr&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xgatsby&_nkw=gatsby&_sacat=93427&_from=R40

 

What purpose would I have to make this shit up? 

 

And no, I don't see how this is any of your business, but I have better things to do with my time then flip shoes on eBay. When you calculate the fees, shipping, the time to package and ship, and the time dealing with bullshit buyers, you make what $15-20 an hour? My time is worth more than that.

 

7) You claimed my assertion was false and ignored the evidence I provided.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post


Your link is for items currently for sale, not items previously sold. Also, what I am challenging is your assertion that seconds regularly sell for $250 on the Bay.

 

8) I said to read. Which if you had, you would have seen he sold 4 in the span of a week and a half for $300-330, where his cost was $150.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post
 

 

No, it's for sold items. And I didn't say that. You said a certain forum member here routinely flips on eBay and to check his items. I said that seller marks his items up almost double. Read.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

Thanks.  I was on my phone and did not click through.

 

 

How much more clear does this need to be? I'm done.


Edited by bgp001 - 9/19/13 at 2:24pm
post #29513 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

Beyond the 2 for 250 sale now, Will there be any upcoming sales pertaining to the normal seconds that aren't close outs? Coulda swore I saw something upcoming I just don't remember when.

 

AE is having their Rediscover America sale from September 24th through October 9th, with 15-30% off everything.

 
post #29514 of 70737
I believe the sale starts on the 30th this year
post #29515 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post
 

 

Let's go over the facts.

 

1) You said a certain seller flips seconds on eBay and that Troilus should check his items.

2) I said that seller marks up 100% over cost.

3) You said you found it hard to believe anyone would buy them if he was doing it.

4) I said he was doing that and that people were indeed buying them.

5) You said "bullshit." (Nice on the civil part by the way)

6) I provided a link to show that my Gatsby example was indeed true.

7) You claimed my assertion was false and ignored the evidence I provided.

8) I said to read. Which if you had, you would have seen he sold 4 in the span of a week and a half for $300-330, where his cost was $150.

 

How much more clear does this need to be? I'm done.

 

 

One of us used quotes and one of us had to "paraphrase."  Enough said.

post #29516 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmann View Post
 

 

 

 

Here are a few more pictures of my cappuccino Strands. I did go with a chili welt instead of the standard brown, and also added a wheeled edge. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a wheeled edge?

post #29517 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtaylor View Post

I believe the sale starts on the 30th this year

 

Ahh, they must have left the link up from last year.

post #29518 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
 

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a wheeled edge?

 

post #29519 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmann View Post
 

 

 

 

Here are a few more pictures of my cappuccino Strands. I did go with a chili welt instead of the standard brown, and also added a wheeled edge.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love the color.  Interestingly, it looks similar to the dark cognac shell I have from another maker.

post #29520 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

 

One of us used quotes and one of us had to "paraphrase."  Enough said.

 

Enough PLEASE!!!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...