or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1967  

post #29491 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmann View Post



Here are a few more pictures of my cappuccino Strands. I did go with a chili welt instead of the standard brown, and also added a wheeled edge. 
 










WOW! Absolutely gorgeous! Now the wait for my MTOs is even worse!
post #29492 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post

Received Black Eagle Country boots bought during last week's clearance event.

I'd say these are clearly defective. I thought clearance items are supposed to be first-quality? Is that not true, did I just get a bad pair?  The crack on the side is a clear gouge/tear. There are no markings on the sole.

They only cost me $125 for the pair, so I must say that while I'm annoyed/upset, I am actually considering keeping them. Allen Edmonds seems to have run out of their clearance inventory, so it isn't like I'm likely to get an exchange. On the other hand, I could return them and take advantage of the 2 for $250 seconds deal. Thoughts?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








I think given the price you paid for them, and that a replacement isn't available, the wrinkly leather would be OK. However, the tear/gouge would not. I'd return them for that issue.
post #29493 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

 

They look fine to me. They were probably in the box for too long. 

 

I'm surprised to think this crack might be okay? I figure some TLC would keep them healthy for a bit and would restore everything but the crack... again, for the price maybe I shouldn't be complaining?

 

post #29494 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

I'm surprised to think this crack might be okay? I figure some TLC would keep them healthy for a bit and would restore everything but the crack... again, for the price maybe I shouldn't be complaining?

 

 

Oh, I didn't see the crack. Clearly, these will need to be returned. Perhaps AE can handcraft one for you, given they are all sold-out?

post #29495 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Quick sizing question, I wear 10e on 5 last shoes , on RL singleton and Long Branch should I wear the same size?.

Also is the Slaton and Sanderson made in the same last?

Thanks,

 

The 5 last is AE's "most popular, classic fitting last" (thank you catalogue).

 

 the RL Singleton is on the 79 ie. 9 last, and will fit like the AE Randolph which wider in the heel and sits lower across the instep, so if you're an E, you'd probably need the width, a D might be too cramped in the toes, I'd err on going bigger/wider if you can

 

the long branch is on the 511 ie. 1 last, is the last they use for most boots, including the dalton, long branch, and the comfort collection Wilbert, Shelton, Leeds, Rapid City.  it has added room in the toe box, and can accomodate thicker socks in the fall/winter months when you're wearing boots.

 

Slaton  & Sanderson are on the 222 ie. 2 last and has a "elongated toe and higher instep, and narrow toe box" if you are wearing an E because you have a wide mid foot, then this might work, but if you also have a high arch, your toes might be cramped.  because they are both bluchers, they can accomodate a wider foot and the flaps can be tightened/loosened with ease.

 

Your best bet is to probably go to an AE store as they have very similar styles as the ones they make for RL, but also carry them in B, C, D, E, 3E when appropriate.

post #29496 of 70737
Cracks are a big problem. Definite return. 
 
Quote:
 
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

 

I'm surprised to think this crack might be okay? I figure some TLC would keep them healthy for a bit and would restore everything but the crack... again, for the price maybe I shouldn't be complaining?

 

 

 

post #29497 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

 

Oh, I didn't see the crack. Clearly, these will need to be returned. Perhaps AE can handcraft one for you, given they are all sold-out?

 

Called. They can't do anything over the phone. I received a free-shipping return label. The customer rep told me to ask for an exchange, but suggested it is a bit of a long-shot.

 

I do have a local AE store, but they don't carry seconds or clearance items. My understanding is that I'm not likely to get an exchange from them for an online-purchase, clearance item of a not-for-like color...

 
The worst thing is that I am out 3/3 for this clearance event. Besides these boots, I ordered two pairs of Sedonas that didn't fit.

 

Oh well... thanks everyone. Maybe I'll take another shot using the 2 for $250 seconds deal.

post #29498 of 70737

What exact cloths do you all order from Amazon?

post #29499 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmann View Post
 

 

 

 

Here are a few more pictures of my cappuccino Strands. I did go with a chili welt instead of the standard brown, and also added a wheeled edge. 

 

 

 

 

 

NIce! One of the best looking pairs of Strands I have seen. I really prefer the wheeled & fudged welt when possible 

post #29500 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post
 

 

You'd think that but you'd be wrong, they are buying them at that price. I've looked at his sold history because I couldn't believe people we're paying 70-100% over the Shoe Bank price. The Brooks Gatsby were $150 at Shoe Bank for example, and routinely sold for $298.

 

 

Sorry, but I have to call bullshit on this one.  I have no doubt there is an occasional uninformed consumer paying $250 for a pair of AE seconds, even though he could get firsts for that price.  However, if you truly have witnessed people regularly paying $250 for AE seconds (as you claim), then why have you not picked up some shoes to flip yourself?  If EBay sellers are regularly making $125 profit per pair of shoes, we would all be flipping AE seconds on the side to support our shoe addiction.

post #29501 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

 

Called. They can't do anything over the phone. I received a free-shipping return label. The customer rep told me to ask for an exchange, but suggested it is a bit of a long-shot.

 

I do have a local AE store, but they don't carry seconds or clearance items. My understanding is that I'm not likely to get an exchange from them for an online-purchase, clearance item of a not-for-like color...

 
The worst thing is that I am out 3/3 for this clearance event. Besides these boots, I ordered two pairs of Sedonas that didn't fit.

 

Oh well... thanks everyone. Maybe I'll take another shot using the 2 for $250 seconds deal.

 

AE constantly has sales. I wouldn't worry too much.

post #29502 of 70737
Beyond the 2 for 250 sale now, Will there be any upcoming sales pertaining to the normal seconds that aren't close outs? Coulda swore I saw something upcoming I just don't remember when.
post #29503 of 70737

I was able to snag a pair of these today!

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/wcsstore/AllenEdmonds/upload/images/database/allenedmonds_shoes_macneil_red-white-blue_m.jpg

I can't wait to wear them on Election Day, Veterans Day, 4th of July, etc...

 

My other pair were the hard to find "Holiday" saddle oxfords.

 

Wait'll the TSA see these kicks :D

 

http://cdn.styleforum.net/1/16/350x263px-LL-168817e9_holiday.jpeg

post #29504 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

 

Sorry, but I have to call bullshit on this one.  I have no doubt there is an occasional uninformed consumer paying $250 for a pair of AE seconds, even though he could get firsts for that price.  However, if you truly have witnessed people regularly paying $250 for AE seconds (as you claim), then why have you not picked up some shoes to flip yourself?  If EBay sellers are regularly making $125 profit per pair of shoes, we would all be flipping AE seconds on the side to support our shoe addiction.

 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=221284215417&pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=93427&LH_Complete=1&hash=item3385912a79&_ssn=buynsell-wjr&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xgatsby&_nkw=gatsby&_sacat=93427&_from=R40

 

What purpose would I have to make this shit up? 

 

And no, I don't see how this is any of your business, but I have better things to do with my time then flip shoes on eBay. When you calculate the fees, shipping, the time to package and ship, and the time dealing with bullshit buyers, you make what $15-20 an hour? My time is worth more than that.

post #29505 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=221284215417&pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=93427&LH_Complete=1&hash=item3385912a79&_ssn=buynsell-wjr&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xgatsby&_nkw=gatsby&_sacat=93427&_from=R40

What purpose would I have to make this shit up? 

And no, I don't see how this is any of your business, but I have better things to do with my time then flip shoes on eBay. When you calculate the fees, shipping, the time to package and ship, and the time dealing with bullshit buyers, you make what $15-20 an hour? My time is worth more than that.

Your link is for items currently for sale, not items previously sold. Also, what I am challenging is your assertion that seconds regularly sell for $250 on the Bay.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...