or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1966  

post #29476 of 70737
^^ Great color. More pics, please!!! I have 2 pair of cappuccino coming and I want to see what to expect.
post #29477 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmann View Post

First wearing of the cappuccino shell Strands. This is an interesting color which changes shades quite a bit depending on the light. 



Those look spectacular to me. I love shoes that have a different aura with different directions of light. That is one of my favorite things about my Walnut Shell Strands. I might copy you on the Cappuccino Strands.
post #29478 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

 

Check out EBay in the coming weeks.  There is at least one regular poster on this thread that buys shoes en masse during these seconds sales to flip.

 

If he's willing to pay double the Shoe Bank price.

post #29479 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post
 

 

If he's willing to pay double the Shoe Bank price.

 

 

I have a tough time believing anyone is paying $250 for AE seconds on the Bay.  He would surely have to pay a small premium over the $125 plus tax price, though.

post #29480 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

 

I have a tough time believing anyone is paying $250 for AE seconds on the Bay.  He would surely have to pay a small premium over the $125 plus tax price, though.

 

I absolutely don't think he should pay that much, but that's what the seller is listing them for and people who don't know about the Shoe Bank are biting.

post #29481 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shartmann View Post

First wearing of the cappuccino shell Strands. This is an interesting color which changes shades quite a bit depending on the light. 

 


Nice! Do you have the chili welt? Can you post more pics. I have cappuccino strand in MTO. Would like to see edge trim and side shots.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
post #29482 of 70737

Just bought brown Malverns and black Bayfields in seconds for 250! Can't wait for them to get here.  The New York outlet was also very efficient and friendly

post #29483 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post
 

 

I absolutely don't think he should pay that much, but that's what the seller is listing them for and people who don't know about the Shoe Bank are biting.

 

There is someone selling the Tan Saunders in 5 sizes in the marketplace here for $250, along with other shoes as well. They seem to have snatched a lot of pairs the other week when they were $120 or whatever they were. Definitely annoying.

post #29484 of 70737

Received Black Eagle Country boots bought during last week's clearance event.

 

I'd say these are clearly defective. I thought clearance items are supposed to be first-quality? Is that not true, did I just get a bad pair?  The crack on the side is a clear gouge/tear. There are no markings on the sole.

 

They only cost me $125 for the pair, so I must say that while I'm annoyed/upset, I am actually considering keeping them. Allen Edmonds seems to have run out of their clearance inventory, so it isn't like I'm likely to get an exchange. On the other hand, I could return them and take advantage of the 2 for $250 seconds deal. Thoughts?

 

 

 

post #29485 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgp001 View Post
 

 

I absolutely don't think he should pay that much, but that's what the seller is listing them for and people who don't know about the Shoe Bank are biting.

 

Just because that is the listing price does not mean that people are buying them at that price.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post
 

 

There is someone selling the Tan Saunders in 5 sizes in the marketplace here for $250, along with other shoes as well. They seem to have snatched a lot of pairs the other week when they were $120 or whatever they were. Definitely annoying.

 

I don't regularly buy seconds, but it annoys me too, especially when I see posts from people who are unable to get what they want from the Shoe Bank or Jeffersonville.  I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with what they are doing, so I've never said anything.

post #29486 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post
 

 

Just because that is the listing price does not mean that people are buying them at that price.

 

 

 

You'd think that but you'd be wrong, they are buying them at that price. I've looked at his sold history because I couldn't believe people we're paying 70-100% over the Shoe Bank price. The Brooks Gatsby were $150 at Shoe Bank for example, and routinely sold for $298.

post #29487 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap120 View Post

Thanks alot for the reply! I'm looking into the Parkway and Larchmont myself. Was the larchmont fit pretty spot on as well or just the Parkway?

All three fit exactly the same in 11B. The Parkway was my most "immediate need" so it was the only one I sized down for and kept. It's an awesome shoe if you are looking for that style. The three eyelets concerned me a bit (I prefer 5) but it has been fine. I want to add the Harrison in 10.5B but waiting for a sale. I couldn't justify the Larchmont to myself at this time due to other wingtips in the rotation.
post #29488 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.michael View Post


All three fit exactly the same in 11B. The Parkway was my most "immediate need" so it was the only one I sized down for and kept. It's an awesome shoe if you are looking for that style. The three eyelets concerned me a bit (I prefer 5) but it has been fine. I want to add the Harrison in 10.5B but waiting for a sale. I couldn't justify the Larchmont to myself at this time due to other wingtips in the rotation.

 

Nice pickups! I'm a big fan of the 333 last, too.

 

One note about the Larchmonts, though. While they are longwing bluchers, they differ from traditional LWBs both in sleekness (due to awesome 333 last) and soles (single leather sole instead of double), so they fill a slightly different niche than shoes like the Macneils.

post #29489 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

Received Black Eagle Country boots bought during last week's clearance event.

 

I'd say these are clearly defective. I thought clearance items are supposed to be first-quality? Is that not true, did I just get a bad pair?  The crack on the side is a clear gouge/tear. There are no markings on the sole.

 

They only cost me $125 for the pair, so I must say that while I'm annoyed/upset, I am actually considering keeping them. Allen Edmonds seems to have run out of their clearance inventory, so it isn't like I'm likely to get an exchange. On the other hand, I could return them and take advantage of the 2 for $250 seconds deal. Thoughts?

 

 

 

 

They look fine to me. They were probably in the box for too long. 

post #29490 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

^^ Great color. More pics, please!!! I have 2 pair of cappuccino coming and I want to see what to expect.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavis534 View Post


Nice! Do you have the chili welt? Can you post more pics. I have cappuccino strand in MTO. Would like to see edge trim and side shots.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

 

Here are a few more pictures of my cappuccino Strands. I did go with a chili welt instead of the standard brown, and also added a wheeled edge. 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...