Can anyone speak to the sizing difference if any between the Players shoe and any shoes on the 5 last? Thanks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1964post #29447 of 707379/19/13 at 6:00amQuote:
my experience is that you size up half with the players shoes compared to the 5 last.
i had a casual conversation with one of the AE SA's the other day and he also agreed but i wasn't sure if he agreed just for the sake of it or he truly agreed (he was in the process of selling me a pair of shoes).post #29448 of 707379/19/13 at 6:23amQuote:Originally Posted by watchidiot
Apologies if this has already been asked before, I would just like to ask MacNeil and Strand owners their experience regarding the differences between the 7 last and the 5 last. I currently own an 8.5D Strand (5 last) and 8.5D Chukkamok (4 last). Both are very comfortable but I do find that the width of the Strand fits better.
I'm wondering whether I should get an 8.5C or 8.5D Macneil. I have read some reviews saying that the Macneil is wider than the Strands and some people suggest sizing down the width if you prefer the width of the Strands.
I know best thing for me is to try them on, but unfortunately this is just geographically impossible at the mean time.
I wear the same size in both, and both fit well. I would not go down in width, as the toe box may get cramped.post #29449 of 707379/19/13 at 6:27ampost #29450 of 707379/19/13 at 6:29ampost #29451 of 707379/19/13 at 6:33amQuote:
Thank you! I have black, burgundy and brown (C&J for Ralph Lauren) these days and they get plenty of wear.
I am a 12d in these and a 12d or 11.5e in 5 last shoes (highly dependent on the shoe, I have found). 11.5d Barrie last in the Alden world, for what it's worth.post #29452 of 707379/19/13 at 6:35ampost #29453 of 707379/19/13 at 6:39ampost #29454 of 707379/19/13 at 6:45ampost #29455 of 707379/19/13 at 6:46ampost #29456 of 707379/19/13 at 6:55amQuote:
What was the issue with the 11D? Too long? Too tight in the toes? Both?post #29457 of 707379/19/13 at 6:56amQuote:Originally Posted by Count de Monet
Well, "casual" varies, of course, from office to office. But, of the four colors in which the McTavish is offered, it would be last on my list.
To me, a black oxford wingtip just doesn't seem a good choice for casual wear, despite it being rougher than typical calfskin and with "waxed infused" leather. The "dark brown cognac" and the "natural" (close to AE walnut) seem like good looking, casual shoes that would be more versatile than black, both as to the colors and types of casual pants one might pair with them at the office.
Others have commented and I generally agree that "browns" are more versatile however in this particular shoe I happen to think that black is my favorite color aesthetically.post #29458 of 707379/19/13 at 7:00ampost #29459 of 707379/19/13 at 7:07amQuote:
Hoping I can show off my BB Burgundy McAllisters and Bradys... fingers crossed they will have inventory by the time my purchase is processed!post #29460 of 707379/19/13 at 7:09am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 1 minute ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 8 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 20 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE FOR FEBRUARY 17, 2017: THE DIFFICULT TIE 23 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 30 minutes ago
- › The Film thread 31 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 32 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 36 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway