or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 197  

post #2941 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticfoodie View Post

3+ years of steady wear? Wow, how did you prevent creases from forming so well!?

?

The creasing is pretty evident to me, maybe my camera didn't do a good job of picking them up in the light... i dunno
post #2942 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

?
The creasing is pretty evident to me, maybe my camera didn't do a good job of picking them up in the light... i dunno

I mean I do see creasing of course, but it's so minimal!
post #2943 of 70737
Do you think it would look dumb to wear walnut Macneils with jeans and untucked polo?
post #2944 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

Do you think it would look dumb to wear walnut Macneils with jeans and untucked polo?

That would look fine.
post #2945 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi32 View Post



 

I contacted Superfeet about that same issue, and the answer is no.  Cutting back the Black model is no different than going with the 3/4.  The only difference is the top cover.



CORRECTION

 

The Black model is slightly narrower.  I apologize for the technical error.

post #2946 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post


Why did they disappear from the web site so fast? Surely they didn't sell out that quickly?


Dunno...  Maybe they were just a limited trial run?  They did sell out quickly, but they were priced at $175 during the sale....

post #2947 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by furo View Post

My McClain's after 3+ years of steady wear....

MCLAIN_4.jpg

Aw, what a cute dog.

Thanks for the pics, that's a great looking shoe.
post #2948 of 70737
might be interesting to see a pic without the shoe trees
post #2949 of 70737
I ordered a pair of Dundees since I had been interested Alden cigar shell chukkas from The Shoe Mart and don't currently own any chukka boots. I think I like the chukka boot style on AE's 1 last better than Alden's Barrie last. Hopefully these will look at least as good as AE's online pictures. I'll be happy in that case.
post #2950 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

I ordered a pair of Dundees since I had been interested Alden cigar shell chukkas from The Shoe Mart and don't currently own any chukka boots. I think I like the chukka boot style on AE's 1 last better than Alden's Barrie last. Hopefully these will look at least as good as AE's online pictures. I'll be happy in that case.

Excellent, some pictures when they arrive, please...
post #2951 of 70737
Whats the general consensus of the Allen Edmonds for F.S.C. collection?

395

They can be viewed here and seem pretty nice. The MacNeil in Tan Saddle looks great.
post #2952 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

I ordered a pair of Dundees since I had been interested Alden cigar shell chukkas from The Shoe Mart and don't currently own any chukka boots. I think I like the chukka boot style on AE's 1 last better than Alden's Barrie last. Hopefully these will look at least as good as AE's online pictures. I'll be happy in that case.

Post some pics when you get 'em! I'd be interested to see how the color compares to Alden cigar.
post #2953 of 70737
I have a pair of Park Avenues and McAllisters in 12D that fit perfectly, so I think that my foot fits best in a 5 last. I've recently had a hell of a time trying to get a pair of Waldens that feel comfortable. The best luck I've had is with an 11EEE which I think is about as good a fit as I'll be able to get, but it's still not nearly as comfortable as the 5 last. The toe area seems very cramped and it is too wide around the ankle. All this to ask, is there a last for loafers that fits approximately like a Park Ave? I travel a lot for business and need a good quality loafer, but so far haven't been able to find one.
post #2954 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post

Whats the general consensus of the Allen Edmonds for F.S.C. collection?
395
They can be viewed here and seem pretty nice. The MacNeil in Tan Saddle looks great.

Given the black ones are very hard to find now, I'm thinking about picking up those Bayfields.
post #2955 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post

Excellent, some pictures when they arrive, please...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediahound View Post

Post some pics when you get 'em! I'd be interested to see how the color compares to Alden cigar.

Will do. I do have a pair of cigar LWBs, so I can take some comparison shots. My brother talked to an AE salesperson about the Cappuccino cordovans and they think it's lighter than cigar shell, which would be fine with me. I guess we'll see when it shows up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...