or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1960  

post #29386 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeg View Post
 

Any thoughts on their Kenwood loafer?

 

On clearance on their website for $117

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF44043_1_40000000001_-1

 

The thick beefrolls look a little too old-mannish for me, but to each his own. I much prefer the patriots or the discontinued (?) randolphs or westchesters.

post #29387 of 70737

Someone was inquiring about the pair of Chocolate Suede Amoks in 9.5 a few days ago. Please PM me. I am not going to post this in the B&S thread since this is a "not for profit" sale: I could pass them to the good hands at the paid price: $99+tax+actual shipping cost. These are brand new "firsts" purchased from ShoeBank a few months ago. I will keep them for a few days and send them back to the Shoebank if there's no interest. 

post #29388 of 70737
I guess i'll be passing this time around on the deal.

For Toronto members, I didn't realize that the BAY at eatons was selling Allen Edmonds now. It's a bit higher in price compared to Harry Rosen and Robert Jones for AE's but hey it's an option.
post #29389 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

I guess i'll be passing this time around on the deal.

For Toronto members, I didn't realize that the BAY at eatons was selling Allen Edmonds now. It's a bit higher in price compared to Harry Rosen and Robert Jones for AE's but hey it's an option.

 

Wow, really? Which styles?

post #29390 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post

For those of you that might own two of the same model shoe, one in calfskin & one in shell, do you change the size?  I know that with shell versions tend to be a bit roomier, but is it enough to warrant a size change?

{apologies for all of the questions lately}

I wear same size. They feel different, but not to the point of sizing being different. More so just the structure
post #29391 of 70737
Quote:

Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post





I think the discount is typically 14.92%.



 



 



Quote:

Originally Posted by tietherope View Post

 

 



Which would make the shoes that always come in brown cordovan cheaper than the webgem. If you want the Jefferson though it's the webgem or nothing I believe.





 



Thanks for the confirmation.



 

post #29392 of 70737

I received the 2 for $250 list for size 10D this morning. If anyone wants it, just PM me with an e-mail address and I'll forward the e-mail from the shoebank.

post #29393 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post

Wow, really? Which styles?

I saw a guy trying on the Park avenue's. On display they had the Delray's. I''ll be sure to ask them if they carry more styles.

I believe Harry Rosen sells the PA for $350 and the Bay is selling them for $375. It's on the second floor in the white space, I work right across eaton's icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #29394 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850csi View Post

 

Anyone have any idea how Parks, Fifths, and Strands fit relative to the sizing guide?





I had to size down in length, and up in width relative to my true size on the 5 last.



Quote:




Originally Posted by evolved View Post

 

For those of you that might own two of the same model shoe, one in calfskin & one in shell, do you change the size?  I know that with shell versions tend to be a bit roomier, but is it enough to warrant a size change?



 



{apologies for all of the questions lately}





Same results as poster above. The shells fit just slightly larger, but not enough to warrant a change in size for me. Tongue pad, or thin insole makes up for the extra volume. Of course results vary depending on your feet and how you want your shoes to fit. I've had sizing issues and have learned a lot on this thread, but in the end nothing beats trying on the shoes if you can

post #29395 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtaylor View Post


I wear same size. They feel different, but not to the point of sizing being different. More so just the structure

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKJ1 View Post
 

Same results as poster above. The shells fit just slightly larger, but not enough to warrant a change in size for me. Tongue pad, or thin insole makes up for the extra volume. Of course results vary depending on your feet and how you want your shoes to fit. I've had sizing issues and have learned a lot on this thread, but in the end nothing beats trying on the shoes if you can

 

 

Thanks, gents!

post #29396 of 70737

When does 2 for 250 begin?

post #29397 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnybutts View Post
 

When does 2 for 250 begin?

 

Tonight at midnight :)

Seriously though, as soon as the stores get open (10am if you are on the East Coast).
post #29398 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post

The thick beefrolls look a little too old-mannish for me, but to each his own. I much prefer the patriots or the discontinued (?) randolphs or westchesters.

Conversely, I feel the rolls give them a youthful causal look instead of the stodgy conservative look of the patriots.
post #29399 of 70737
Just purchased my seventh pair of AE shoes. I'm so thankful I found this thread on this forum in 2009. AE has some great sales on seconds. Anyways, the Daltons were loose in the heel at first. I wore some thicker socks which helped. Still a sexy pair of shoes that will look great with jeans, chinos, or a suit. Plus, its just a perfect time to wear and buy them since Fall is around the corner.
post #29400 of 70737

Will these be listed on some site or do we have to call into locations to get them? Sorry, this is my first time with one of these sales.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...