or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1922  

post #28816 of 70737
Just ordered a pair of Walnut Mcallisters from Kristle at J'Ville for $199. Is that the expected good price?
post #28817 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post

Just ordered a pair of Walnut Mcallisters from Kristle at J'Ville for $199. Is that the expected good price?

That's the regular seconds price for Brooks Brothers models, but $269 is the regular seconds price for the Allen Edmonds versions. It tends to range from $199 to $225 or so during sales. Is there yet another sale?
post #28818 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Hello, what do people think of the AE spiaggia in navy suede? What will they work with? Just jeans? I only wear jeans and wool trousers so chinos are out of the question.

Don't wear navy shoes with jeans.... Why no chinos?
post #28819 of 70737
First time wearing my brown shell cordovan. They fit exactly like my cambridges which are one width smaller. Would not hesitate to jump on another pair of cordovan in brown in the future. (Excuse the pants) 6uru4ana.jpg
post #28820 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitshine123 View Post

First time wearing my brown shell cordovan. They fit exactly like my cambridges which are one width smaller. Would not hesitate to jump on another pair of cordovan in brown in the future. (Excuse the pants) 6uru4ana.jpg

Really nice! I've decided that is going to be my next shoe, not necessarily the shell version though, just a brown Strand.
post #28821 of 70737
So, trying to follow the past few days of posts related to shell and sizing. Is everyone saying that cordovan fits the same as their calf counterparts on the same last? Same size calf or shell? I may have gotten confused with the conversation around the Cambridge fitting differently. Thanks.
post #28822 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbhrb View Post


Don't wear navy shoes with jeans.... Why no chinos?

 

Any why exactly navy shoes shouldn't be worn with jeans? This, for instance, is the Land's End exclusive AE Stewart in navy suede worn with the jeans. Looks good, imo. 

post #28823 of 70737
Feeling patriotic today; red, white & blue Mcalister's for you:

post #28824 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Any why exactly navy shoes shouldn't be worn with jeans? This, for instance, is the Land's End exclusive AE Stewart in navy suede worn with the jeans. Looks good, imo. 


It looks passable due to the break created by the cuff and bare ankles. In non staged shots it looks like you are wearing pants with footies
post #28825 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbhrb View Post


It looks passable due to the break created by the cuff and bare ankles. In non staged shots it looks like you are wearing pants with footies

 

Agreed. This said though, this would depend on the color of the shoes and jeans. Deep navy, almost black AE Stewarts and, for that, matter, Aldens, navy suede PTB will work just fine with lighter color jeans. 

post #28826 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Hello, what do people think of the AE spiaggia in navy suede? What will they work with? Just jeans? I only wear jeans and wool trousers so chinos are out of the question.

I've got the Strandmoks in blue, and love them! But my office dress is mostly chinos.
post #28827 of 70737
Thanks guys, I'll pass on the blue shoes as I would only wear them with jeans. I'm slim and chinos don't drape well on me. Do the neumoks work with jeans and wool trousers?
post #28828 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Thanks guys, I'll pass on the blue shoes as I would only wear them with jeans. I'm slim and chinos don't drape well on me. Do the neumoks work with jeans and wool trousers?
Neumoks are great for that. Although a McAllister might be better suited for wool pants. Have you tried slim chinos such as dockers alpha, j crew 484, banana republic aiden, uniqlo slim fit etc? Chinos are a staple
Edited by drbhrb - 9/11/13 at 8:49pm
post #28829 of 70737
My shell Cambridge seconds arrived today. What do you all think of this creasing in the heel from a structure perspective?



I don't mind it too much cosmetically, but if it's going to significantly affect the life of this pair, I'm going to return it.
post #28830 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaceboFX View Post

My shell Cambridge seconds arrived today. What do you all think of this creasing in the heel from a structure perspective?



I don't mind it too much cosmetically, but if it's going to significantly affect the life of this pair, I'm going to return it.

easy keep for me, unless another pair in better shape was easily available.

 

I have a pair of 2nds patriots in brown shell with similar/worse creasing on the back side. never even notice. super happy at the price

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...