The croc pattern is nicely done, the calf is quite soft like their other Italian models, and it had those covered channel soles, which are my favorite. Will probably pic these up soon too, since my brown Veronas are on their last legs finally...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1913post #28681 of 707379/10/13 at 11:11ampost #28682 of 707379/10/13 at 11:27amQuote:Quote:
Done. Just grabbed the last pair of Walnut Shell Daltons. $317 shipped to my door.post #28683 of 707379/10/13 at 11:29ampost #28684 of 707379/10/13 at 11:33ampost #28685 of 707379/10/13 at 11:35ampost #28686 of 707379/10/13 at 11:41ampost #28687 of 707379/10/13 at 11:42amQuote:Quote:
I pretty much deal exclusively with Kristal at the Jville outlet via email. She is top notch.
Sadly (not really), I'm leaving for a two week trip to Asia this weekend, so it'll be a while till I get to see/wear them.
I see the Neumoks will be $199 during the end of Sept. sale. I tried the navy ones on at the store last week and swore those would be my next pair. I didn't anticipate this cordovan sale.
I will definitely be broke by October.post #28688 of 707379/10/13 at 11:44ampost #28689 of 707379/10/13 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by salgy
Gentlemen, a bit of an introduction, long time lurker, and AE fan... I have close to 25 pairs myself, and will post a family picture for y'all next weekend... Watching the game tonight, and I just finished my latest "creation"... Thought I would share...
IMHO, burgundy/oxblood/merlot/etc... Are the most versatile color of shoes for my particular job/wardrobe... It always bothered me that AE didn't make the strand (one of my favorites) in burgundy calf (I can't wear shell...)... I ended up finding a pair of BNIB distressed brown Kiowa's on the bay that were so badly miss-matched & discolored, I ended up getting them for $30 shipped! I didn't take any before pictures, or of any of the steps (didn't think this would actually work!), but here's what I did:
1. Stripped off the brown color with a combination of acetone, deglazer & 000 steel wool
2. I bought fiebings ox blood dye, and applied 2 coats, brushed well & then polished (3 coats) with AE merlot cream...
Since they're kiowas, they do have the lug sole, but the idea is to wear them as my rainy day shoes until a recraft is in order... Then replace with standard leather soles... Not too bad for a total of $45 invested (especially considering the only way to get a "real" pair would be MTO)!
I probably have some touching up to do that I will see in full sunlight tomorrow, but was pleased enough with the results, I thought I would share...
I am quite impressed that you were able to get that result from a pair of Kiowas. Nice job.post #28690 of 707379/10/13 at 12:09pmQuote:
You can call or email any store for a list of seconds in your size. You can even contact 1st Quality stores for the list. Just be sure to tell them you want a list of "2nds" company wide.post #28691 of 707379/10/13 at 12:12pmQuote:
I think you should expect to be disappointed. I wear a 32 waist and have some belts that are a 32, some that are a 34. I bought a couple of these AE sale belts on STP in size 32 (no 34 available) and they were way too small.post #28692 of 707379/10/13 at 12:15pmpost #28693 of 707379/10/13 at 12:16pmQuote:
I'm with you JS. I've contemplated getting these for awhile and was disappointed when they were not included in the Nordstrom Anniversary sale as they were last year. These will be my first split-toe and first chili colored shoe.
This is standard, yes. However, I am actually a 31 (but don't own many 31 pants) so my perfect belt size would be 33 (a size not offered frequently). Depending on the manufacturer, a 32 or 34 will fit me best.post #28694 of 707379/10/13 at 12:16pmpost #28695 of 707379/10/13 at 12:17pmQuote:
I was going to point out the same. You need to buy a size larger than your pant size.
Edit: It is 2 sizes, but the numbers usually go in 2's.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 8 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 11 minutes ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 13 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 24 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 25 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway