or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 192  

post #2866 of 70737

Does anyone have Leeds in dark burnished brown?  If so, I'd love to see pics.  If a PTB was offered in the cappucino, I would have been very interested.

post #2867 of 70737
So I read before buying my Daltons a few week ago that the pulltab breaks. I asked them about that and the person who I originally ordered it from said they'd just replace them. The other lady I talked to said it shouldn't happen.... well it did and I wasn't even pulling very hard. The stitching remained intact but the leather just clean ripped off. Regardless, they're replacing the boot, but it's annoying having to break them in again and then also keeping them from breaking.
post #2868 of 70737
The Fifth Street Boots that I asked for them to get in store arrived today and I dropped in to try them on and purchase if they fit. The 8.5D was tight in the width and a little short in the length, so I was going to go with the 9, which felt just a smidge long, but no tightness in the width. Unfortunately there was a long scratch from the heel all the way to the widest part of the shoe, box cutter maybe, but doesn't explain how the box was not damaged. I asked the sales associate to get me another pair. Didn't seem like I should be settling even if they are on sale.
Edited by Winston S. - 2/21/12 at 2:09pm
post #2869 of 70737

I couldn't resist... these are beauties!

 

capp.jpg

post #2870 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

The Fifth Street Boots that I asked for them to get in store arrived today and I dropped in to try them on and purchase if they fit. The 8.5D was tight in the width and a little short in the length, so I was going to go with the 9, which felt just a smidge long, but no tightness in the width. Unfortunately there was a long scratch from the heel all the way to the widest part of the shoe, box cutter maybe, but doesn't explain how the box was not damaged. I asked the sales associate to get me another pair. Didn't seem like I should be settling even if they are on sale.

You shouldn't settle. I actually had 2 previous Fifth Street before settling on the third pair due to QC issues.
post #2871 of 70737
Must... resist.... temptation to pull trigger on those wingtip cappuccino's....
post #2872 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post

So I read before buying my Daltons a few week ago that the pulltab breaks. I asked them about that and the person who I originally ordered it from said they'd just replace them. The other lady I talked to said it shouldn't happen.... well it did and I wasn't even pulling very hard. The stitching remained intact but the leather just clean ripped off. Regardless, they're replacing the boot, but it's annoying having to break them in again and then also keeping them from breaking.


This was one of the reasons I didn't by the shell Daltons. I was worried about spending so much on a shoe that would be faulty. 

post #2873 of 70737

I just picked up a pair of Fifth Street Boots 9.5 D in chocolate brown from the Shoe Bank, with the $35 discount, total came to $173 with taxes for a first quality shoe. Not too bad IMO. 

 

Also, ordered a pair of Sandlots on clearance for $49 - $35 discount = $14 with free shipping. Happy day for me :)

 

Big Cheese

post #2874 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous View Post

So I read before buying my Daltons a few week ago that the pulltab breaks. I asked them about that and the person who I originally ordered it from said they'd just replace them. The other lady I talked to said it shouldn't happen.... well it did and I wasn't even pulling very hard. The stitching remained intact but the leather just clean ripped off. Regardless, they're replacing the boot, but it's annoying having to break them in again and then also keeping them from breaking.

I feel your pain, I had to break in the Kenilworth 3 times due to heal problems, never worked out for me. Hopefully the Daltons do for you...
post #2875 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Must... resist.... temptation to pull trigger on those wingtip cappuccino's....

Your purchase would be a credit to this thread smile.gif
post #2876 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.michael View Post


Sorry for the late reply--I have them in black and they are great. The only con I have is not directed at them per se, but the 5 last itself--in my narrow size (11B) it does look a little thin and pointy. But the boot is fantastic.


 

In my size (14EEE) the words "thin" and "sleek" simply don't apply.  That said, I have the Park Avenue, which is on the 5 last, and they fit ok.  Thanks for the feedback.  

post #2877 of 70737

I just received the Bayfield in the mail, bought during the sale for $200. Bought size 14D and it fits great! This is my first shoe nicer than Clarks Desert Boot.

 

Now I just need to pick up some insoles; I wear prescription orthotics in my running shoes but the full size makes the toe box too tight in the Bayfield (and Clarks DB). Is there any real difference between buying the Superfeet black and trimming it, or just buying the black 3/4 length?

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

IMG_1964.JPG

 

IMG_1968.JPG

 

IMG_1971.JPG

 

 

post #2878 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketawa View Post

I just received the Bayfield in the mail, bought during the sale for $200. Bought size 14D and it fits great! This is my first shoe nicer than Clarks Desert Boot.

Now I just need to pick up some insoles; I wear prescription orthotics in my running shoes but the full size makes the toe box too tight in the Bayfield (and Clarks DB). Is there any real difference between buying the Superfeet black and trimming it, or just buying the black 3/4 length?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

350x263px-LL-25bf7611_IMG_1964.jpeg

350x263px-LL-7a1520ac_IMG_1968.jpeg

350x263px-LL-dde873a4_IMG_1971.jpeg

Looking good! I actually ordered the exact same shoe, same size...it should be coming in soon. What do you wear in the other lasts?
post #2879 of 70737

Looks like the limited run of cappuccino shell is now available in full width selection!

post #2880 of 70737

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmanouk View Post


Looking good! I actually ordered the exact same shoe, same size...it should be coming in soon. What do you wear in the other lasts?

 

This is my first AE shoe. I was just guessing on size, and the user reviews on the website said the Bayfield ran a little small in length and width. I think I'm naturally about a 13.5D, so 14D fit the bill nicely.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...