or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1884  

post #28246 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Allen Edmonds on sale at gilt.com

 

Do they only ever sell D width and Regular length clothes? I'm an E and Short.

post #28247 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post

 

Do they only ever sell D width and Regular length clothes? I'm an E and Short.

 

They do, but it very much depends on their stock. It's a bit of a crapshoot if you're an E, but at least you aren't a rarer width like EE.

 

For clothes, I've seen a few sizes that came in short since I'm a 38s (suit size) myself.

post #28248 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

I hope you had a chance this weekend to take at least some time for a break Doc. And the beer is still on me when we get together cheers.gif

 

Certainly did. Had tons of family over to my parents' home for the LSU/TCU game and my father and I cooked up a mean pot of jambalaya.

 

You bring the beer...I'll bring the food.  cheers.gif

post #28249 of 70737

Quick question, don't know if this is the place to ask, but I kinda need a quick answer. I want to buy the Dalton Boots, but once somebody told me that according to my Santoni size (8UK F) I should go with 9.5D. I ust did the Sizing & Fit Guide from Allen Edmonds and my toes lie on the line marked 10. So according to them to give room to my toes I should go with 10.5US. 

 

But for example in Carmina in the Rain last I'm and 8UK... so I'm very very confused. 

post #28250 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Quick question, don't know if this is the place to ask, but I kinda need a quick answer. I want to buy the Dalton Boots, but once somebody told me that according to my Santoni size (8UK F) I should go with 9.5D. I ust did the Sizing & Fit Guide from Allen Edmonds and my toes lie on the line marked 10. So according to them to give room to my toes I should go with 10.5US. 

 

But for example in Carmina in the Rain last I'm and 8UK... so I'm very very confused. 

I think 9.5 may be correct. Like a lot of AE lasts I size down .5 to get the correct fitting shoe. My foot lies on the 8.5 mark, but in most AE I am an 8D. I don't know how much this helps, but I'm sure you'll get a couple responses here soon!

post #28251 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbhrb View Post


The five last is weird. You tried a string of shoes that all fit the same. Check out some shoes made on the 1 last or other options.

 

AE sales associates are quite good, but they are human. After you tried on multiple pairs, each having the same problem, they may have grown impatient (even if not consciously) and reached the conclusion that the same issue would probably be found in any AE shoe.  Though, actually having you try on different lasts might have revealed a more pleasing fit (which is a big reason why shoes are made on different lasts to begin with).

post #28252 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I think 9.5 may be correct. Like a lot of AE lasts I size down .5 to get the correct fitting shoe. My foot lies on the 8.5 mark, but in most AE I am an 8D. I don't know how much this helps, but I'm sure you'll get a couple responses here soon!

 

Thank you! biggrin.gif

post #28253 of 70737

I do not, but it looks a lot like the Chukkamok that I DO have, and love it- they are just extremely comfortable...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene_Lahm View Post

Anyone have any experiences with the new Mojave chukka? Thinking about a pair in tan or olive suede. The tan looks a little like a light rust in the photo's, but i'm guessing they're closer to standard tan.

Here's the website shots.



post #28254 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post

I don't even know what to think about this boot. 


My mother always said that if I don't have anything nice to say, that I should keep my mouth shut.

 

plain.gif

post #28255 of 70737

Just picked up my 3rd AE's, Rutledge in Walnut....Butter!

 

Also have Black Park Avenues and Walnut Strands in half a size to big baldy[1].gif

post #28256 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa View Post

I do not, but it looks a lot like the Chukkamok that I DO have, and love it- they are just extremely comfortable...

 

 


I don't have the Mojaves but my understanding is that the sole is the same type used on the McTavish (which I do have).  If true, I'd imagine that the sole would get dirty pretty quickly as mine seems to pick up much more dirty and oil than my Amoks or other shoes...

post #28257 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post


My mother always said that if I don't have anything nice to say, that I should keep my mouth shut.

 

plain.gif


The nicest thing I can think of to say about these is that they aren't the ugliest boots I've ever seen... 

post #28258 of 70737
In defense of the Sun Valley, those are an Alpine Boot. They aren't meant to be worn casually, or as just every day boots, but as a specific type of hiking boot. If you need an alpine boot, you already know it. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are really glad that there's a high-quality, Made in USA, non synthetic material alpine boot available at a reasonable price.
post #28259 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

In defense of the Sun Valley, those are an Alpine Boot. They aren't meant to be worn casually, or as just every day boots, but as a specific type of hiking boot. If you need an alpine boot, you already know it. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are really glad that there's a high-quality, Made in USA, non synthetic material alpine boot available at a reasonable price.

I agree. If I needed a boot like that, those would probably be my first choice.

post #28260 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

Quick question, don't know if this is the place to ask, but I kinda need a quick answer. I want to buy the Dalton Boots, but once somebody told me that according to my Santoni size (8UK F) I should go with 9.5D. I ust did the Sizing & Fit Guide from Allen Edmonds and my toes lie on the line marked 10. So according to them to give room to my toes I should go with 10.5US. 

But for example in Carmina in the Rain last I'm and 8UK... so I'm very very confused. 

The Carmina Rain last is pretty close to a perfect fit for me at 8UK (Rain lasted balmorals close almost all the way without overlapping at the seam for me). Almost all of my AE's are 9D and I would say most of them fit well. The 1 & 5 lasts work better for me than 4 and 7 due to more height at the toe box, but otherwise fits at 9D.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...