Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 7:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1870post #28036 of 707378/30/13 at 8:16ampost #28037 of 707378/30/13 at 8:46ampost #28038 of 707378/30/13 at 8:47amQuote:
I have probably bought 15 pairs of shoes from the Shoe Bank. If you guys start using them more, I might not get what I want from them... Well, use away. They have some amazing deals throughout the year.post #28039 of 707378/30/13 at 8:55am744s were a limited run of 1000 firsts, and some seconds. The seconds were, for some time, sold through AE, but wolverine made them pull the entire stock because they were so greatly undercutting the price (I got 744s and 721s for $350 each ) and the stores who had collab'd on it were pissed (Leffot et. al). I got mine in my standard Wolverine size (9D, when I wear 9.5EEE in the 5-last for AE). The length was perfect, it's a bit snug sideways. Wolverine's CXL stretches a bit more, but I find that the unlined shell molds to my foot enough that my foot is very comfortably snug in them.
Also, mine look nothing like Cold Irons. I have my 744s sno-sealed (at the price, I decided they were my foul weather boots!), so they are dark like an espresso shell, rather than the original cigar/mohagoney color. Gorgeous, not shiny, but gorgeous and completely water-tight.post #28040 of 707378/30/13 at 9:13amQuote:
Thanks again for all your help. I think based on your feedback, I'm going to be fine choosing either the Lex or Townley. If the Townley sits lower, I think that may help with the arch issue. And if you say the opening doesn't show more angle, then that should be cover the aesthetic concern. Keeping my fingers crossed that this would work out.
All the best!post #28041 of 707378/30/13 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by wdahab
744s were a limited run of 1000 firsts, and some seconds. The seconds were, for some time, sold through AE, but wolverine made them pull the entire stock because they were so greatly undercutting the price (I got 744s and 721s for $350 each ) and the stores who had collab'd on it were pissed (Leffot et. al). I got mine in my standard Wolverine size (9D, when I wear 9.5EEE in the 5-last for AE). The length was perfect, it's a bit snug sideways. Wolverine's CXL stretches a bit more, but I find that the unlined shell molds to my foot enough that my foot is very comfortably snug in them.
Also, mine look nothing like Cold Irons. I have my 744s sno-sealed (at the price, I decided they were my foul weather boots!), so they are dark like an espresso shell, rather than the original cigar/mohagoney color. Gorgeous, not shiny, but gorgeous and completely water-tight.
I read that you should go TTS on the 744. I'm a 8.5D TTS and wear a 8D on the AE 5 last. I have a slight issue with the 5 last because I have a higher instep. The shoe width is perfect I just get a bit larger gap at the laces. Where should I start with the 744?post #28042 of 707378/30/13 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by tampatravel
I got my Saphir products in the mail from http://ashineandco.com today and WOW...that stuff is for real!
I put Renovateur them on my Strands and they look awesome. I haven't worked up the guys to,use the Renomat on my Shells.
....and not to get all David Copeland with A Shine & Co but hey have been nothing but awesome to me
And to Mr. Copeland... I love your Nordstrom posts and your posts in general. I have just mentioned who I bought my Saphir from a few times on here that's all :-)
Renomat on shells? Isn't that a bit harsh? If you're really going to do this, please post a before and after picture. I'd like to see what it does. Personally, I'd just be patient and proceed with the Mac method.post #28043 of 707378/30/13 at 9:18ampost #28044 of 707378/30/13 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy
New Cordovan WebGems are online. Brown Cordovan Patriot, Brown Cordovan Park Avenue, Brown Cordovan Strand and Brown Cordovan Jefferson. I have a shell brown Patriot, shell black Park Avenue and shell brown Strand, and a calf Jefferson, not shell. I do love my Walnut calf Jeffersons.... It is self evident I must have the Jefferson in Cordovan. Just ordered!
What do people think of the heel detail? Too light for this shade of brown?post #28045 of 707378/30/13 at 9:23amQuote:
While we're at this subject. I'm an 11.5 3E in AE 5 and 1 lasts and I own a pair of Wolverine 1ks in 11 3E. Would 11.5D work in the 744s?post #28046 of 707378/30/13 at 9:38ampost #28047 of 707378/30/13 at 9:50amQuote:
It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I like having some variety and something different than the chili edge dressing or regular brown. If it comes and it is light, it will be easy to darken up.post #28048 of 707378/30/13 at 10:11amQuote:
Good point. It's an easier DIY task to make it darker than lighter.post #28049 of 707378/30/13 at 10:15ampost #28050 of 707378/30/13 at 10:18am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 17 minutes ago
- › once a day - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 27 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 28 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...