Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1870post #28036 of 707358/30/13 at 8:16am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28037 of 707358/30/13 at 8:46ampost #28038 of 707358/30/13 at 8:47amQuote:
I have probably bought 15 pairs of shoes from the Shoe Bank. If you guys start using them more, I might not get what I want from them... Well, use away. They have some amazing deals throughout the year.post #28039 of 707358/30/13 at 8:55am744s were a limited run of 1000 firsts, and some seconds. The seconds were, for some time, sold through AE, but wolverine made them pull the entire stock because they were so greatly undercutting the price (I got 744s and 721s for $350 each ) and the stores who had collab'd on it were pissed (Leffot et. al). I got mine in my standard Wolverine size (9D, when I wear 9.5EEE in the 5-last for AE). The length was perfect, it's a bit snug sideways. Wolverine's CXL stretches a bit more, but I find that the unlined shell molds to my foot enough that my foot is very comfortably snug in them.
Also, mine look nothing like Cold Irons. I have my 744s sno-sealed (at the price, I decided they were my foul weather boots!), so they are dark like an espresso shell, rather than the original cigar/mohagoney color. Gorgeous, not shiny, but gorgeous and completely water-tight.post #28040 of 707358/30/13 at 9:13amQuote:
Thanks again for all your help. I think based on your feedback, I'm going to be fine choosing either the Lex or Townley. If the Townley sits lower, I think that may help with the arch issue. And if you say the opening doesn't show more angle, then that should be cover the aesthetic concern. Keeping my fingers crossed that this would work out.
All the best!post #28041 of 707358/30/13 at 9:17amQuote:Originally Posted by wdahab
744s were a limited run of 1000 firsts, and some seconds. The seconds were, for some time, sold through AE, but wolverine made them pull the entire stock because they were so greatly undercutting the price (I got 744s and 721s for $350 each ) and the stores who had collab'd on it were pissed (Leffot et. al). I got mine in my standard Wolverine size (9D, when I wear 9.5EEE in the 5-last for AE). The length was perfect, it's a bit snug sideways. Wolverine's CXL stretches a bit more, but I find that the unlined shell molds to my foot enough that my foot is very comfortably snug in them.
Also, mine look nothing like Cold Irons. I have my 744s sno-sealed (at the price, I decided they were my foul weather boots!), so they are dark like an espresso shell, rather than the original cigar/mohagoney color. Gorgeous, not shiny, but gorgeous and completely water-tight.
I read that you should go TTS on the 744. I'm a 8.5D TTS and wear a 8D on the AE 5 last. I have a slight issue with the 5 last because I have a higher instep. The shoe width is perfect I just get a bit larger gap at the laces. Where should I start with the 744?post #28042 of 707358/30/13 at 9:18amQuote:Originally Posted by tampatravel
I got my Saphir products in the mail from http://ashineandco.com today and WOW...that stuff is for real!
I put Renovateur them on my Strands and they look awesome. I haven't worked up the guys to,use the Renomat on my Shells.
....and not to get all David Copeland with A Shine & Co but hey have been nothing but awesome to me
And to Mr. Copeland... I love your Nordstrom posts and your posts in general. I have just mentioned who I bought my Saphir from a few times on here that's all :-)
Renomat on shells? Isn't that a bit harsh? If you're really going to do this, please post a before and after picture. I'd like to see what it does. Personally, I'd just be patient and proceed with the Mac method.post #28043 of 707358/30/13 at 9:18ampost #28044 of 707358/30/13 at 9:23amQuote:Originally Posted by GOP Shoe Guy
New Cordovan WebGems are online. Brown Cordovan Patriot, Brown Cordovan Park Avenue, Brown Cordovan Strand and Brown Cordovan Jefferson. I have a shell brown Patriot, shell black Park Avenue and shell brown Strand, and a calf Jefferson, not shell. I do love my Walnut calf Jeffersons.... It is self evident I must have the Jefferson in Cordovan. Just ordered!
What do people think of the heel detail? Too light for this shade of brown?post #28045 of 707358/30/13 at 9:23amQuote:
While we're at this subject. I'm an 11.5 3E in AE 5 and 1 lasts and I own a pair of Wolverine 1ks in 11 3E. Would 11.5D work in the 744s?post #28046 of 707358/30/13 at 9:38ampost #28047 of 707358/30/13 at 9:50amQuote:
It doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I like having some variety and something different than the chili edge dressing or regular brown. If it comes and it is light, it will be easy to darken up.post #28048 of 707358/30/13 at 10:11amQuote:
Good point. It's an easier DIY task to make it darker than lighter.post #28049 of 707358/30/13 at 10:15am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › End of Bills Khakis 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Two great F/W wool ties: Drake's and Breuer 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?