New Cronmoks came in yesterday, only 3 weeks after I ordered and they were made just for me. Next step is darkening them up!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1844post #27647 of 707378/25/13 at 1:51pmpost #27648 of 707378/25/13 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by polojock615
So my second pair of Walnut Strands came in on Friday. Since I don't have any more AEs on order right now, thought I'd take the time for a group picture.
Starting in the center, going clockwise:
Burgundy shell Leeds (blue laces), burgundy shell MacNeil, black shell MacNeil, walnut shell MacNeil, brown shell Dundee, black alligator Birmingham, black shell Park Avenue, black alligator Park Avenue, brown shell Park Avenue, cappuccino shell McAllister, burgundy shell Patriot, walnut shell/cappuccino shell Shelton, chili shark/brown shark Shelton
Next circle, going clockwise:
Walnut/blue Finch (next to the Leeds with the blue laces, walnut McClain, brown Clifton, walnut/bone Summit Point, walnut Strand, chestnut Colton, tan Elgin, walnut Boca Raton, brown pebble Leeds (on the old 8 last), brown shell Strand, tan suede Amok, chili Fairfax, chili Bradley
Third circle, going clockwise:
Blue suede Player's Shoe, black Leeds, brown Hillcrest, white Neumok, orange/white Neumok, chili Del Ray, blue/white Neumok, red/white/blue McAllister, black/white Broadstreet, brown/linen Strawfut, black shark Clifton, black Wendell, sand suede Player's Shoe
Outer circle, going clockwise from the bottom:
Walnut shell Dalton, brown CXL Bayfield, gray Long Branch, orange Horseman, black Auburn, black Lexington, chocolate Dalton, brown bison Yuma
Wow... very impressive! I'm surprised you even remembered all those names.post #27649 of 707378/25/13 at 2:32pmpost #27650 of 707378/25/13 at 2:58pmpost #27651 of 707378/25/13 at 3:05pmpost #27652 of 707378/25/13 at 3:12pmpost #27653 of 707378/25/13 at 4:18pmQuote:
They fit well, a little tight around the pinky toe but I think they will stretch a little, nothing terrible. The ankle looks big because I was leaning forward while sitting to take the pic.post #27654 of 707378/25/13 at 4:57pmHey guys, just got an e mail from AE stating that a pair of shoes I sent in for inspection failed and they will send me a new pair. Has anyone had this happen to them and asked if MTO offer by the CEO could be used? They gave me the standard $345 credit which can be applied to most shoes, thus would mean I could technically apply it to the MTO offer.
Let me know your experiences!post #27655 of 707378/25/13 at 4:59pmpost #27656 of 707378/25/13 at 5:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by JohnnyGalt
Just polished up my recent MTO and figured I'd share some quick pics.
Cappuccino shell Kenilworth with double sole. Worn about 5x, one coat of Reno out of the box, just applied second coat before taking these.
Little more custom, my homage to foo's oneshoe - burgundy shell MacNeil made on 5 last with flat welt. Unworn, just brushing, no Reno.
I got these two particular styles MTO because I think they won't be out of place with anything from chinos to a suit (although some CBD SF purists may disagree).
So, as part of this MTO program with Allison, one can get a shoe made on a different last, ala your Macneils? I had no clue about that....post #27657 of 707378/25/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
I bought them in both black and dark brown last year when they were talking about discontinuing them. I ended up returning the brown because I couldn't get them to stop squeaking. I really liked the color, but wasn't sure I'd like wearing a boot so I didn't have them replaced. I kept the black which I like quite a bit, just don't wear them much in the hotter weather.
I debated getting a dark brown pair, but ended up buying a pair of dark brown Strands. Personally, I really like the dark brown calf, favoring that over a brown cordovan Strand.post #27658 of 707378/25/13 at 5:35pmpost #27659 of 707378/25/13 at 5:36pmpost #27660 of 707378/25/13 at 5:38pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 26 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 39 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 5 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 10 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...