About 4 hours
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- How do shoe care kit I can build myself?Last edited: 1/28/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1840
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27587 of 705368/23/13 at 5:38pmQuote:
I emailed Shoebank asing for a price list at 5 am on Thursday and got my reply on Friday around noon. If you know what shoes you like, it may be easiest to call Shoebank or one of the others outlets and get their inventory on a shoe by shoe basis over the phone. The jville outlet in Ohio was very friendly over the phone.post #27588 of 705368/23/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY AE SHOULD JUST TAKE A PICTURE OF THEIR SHOES AND POST THEM ON THE WEBSITE! IT TOOK DJ TRAVELER NO TIME AT ALL TO POST THE PIC, AND IT TOOK AE DARN NEAR A MONTH TO PUT UP THE BOURBON DALTON FAKE PICTURE!
ON TOP OF THAT... THE BOOTS IN THIS PICTURE ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, NOT SO MUCH FOR THE AE WEBSITE PICTURE.
AE IS A HANDFUL OF REAL WEBSITE PICTURES AWAY FROM HAVING PERFECT CUSTOMER SERVICE!post #27589 of 705368/23/13 at 5:57pmpost #27590 of 705368/23/13 at 7:59pmpost #27591 of 705368/23/13 at 8:05pmpost #27592 of 705368/23/13 at 8:46pmpost #27593 of 705368/23/13 at 10:30pm
sorry about the all caps... it was just coincidental. didn't think much about it being in all caps.
Just so everyone knows. I'm not bagging on AE. I just think thats the last step they have to take towards customer service perfection. Anyone can see by looking at the pictures you fellas post on here how much such simple pictures would benefit AE's website.
I realize i'm being repetitive... but well... but nothing I guess.post #27594 of 705368/24/13 at 3:33ampost #27595 of 705368/24/13 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by V1KTA222
Those bourbon daltons look great! Making me think about getting a pair...
Something I've noticed while looking at stock pics of the Walnut Dalton in calf compared to people's real life pics is that the amount of burnishing varies. It almost always seem the burnished toe looks darker in stock pictures. Is this true for people who own these? Do they come with less of a burnished look, or does the burnishing go away after wear/maintenance/polishing?
My experience is just the opposite. The only reservation I had about keeping my recently purchased calf Walnut Dalton's is that the burnishing was darker than I expected. I don't particularly care for the burnishing but I absolutely love the boot and since I got it on sale there was no way I was sending them back.post #27596 of 705368/24/13 at 7:55amHow does the 4-last compare with others? I'm looking at a pair of Chukkamok but don't own any other 4-last shoes. I have 1- and 5-last. Do I need to take into consideration the fact that the 'Mok is unlined? I chatted with AE's customer service online and they said to go with the same size as my 1-last Sheltons but wanted to get your opinions. Thanks.post #27597 of 705368/24/13 at 8:00amQuote:They told me it would probably be about a month. That's fine with me, since they are willing to honor the sale price price.Originally Posted by drcharlie
I emailed Shoebank asing for a price list at 5 am on Thursday and got my reply on Friday around noon. If you know what shoes you like, it may be easiest to call Shoebank or one of the others outlets and get their inventory on a shoe by shoe basis over the phone. The jville outlet in Ohio was very friendly over the phone.post #27598 of 705368/24/13 at 8:11amQuote:Originally Posted by AdamAdam
How does the 4-last compare with others? I'm looking at a pair of Chukkamok but don't own any other 4-last shoes. I have 1- and 5-last. Do I need to take into consideration the fact that the 'Mok is unlined? I chatted with AE's customer service online and they said to go with the same size as my 1-last Sheltons but wanted to get your opinions. Thanks.
I went with the same size as my Daltons (1-last). They fit okay, but I probably could have gone a half size down to get a snugger fit. Not sure if it is the last or that it is unlined. The leather is quite thin and soft so it gives quite a bit and conforms to your foot. Feels like wearing slippers. Good luck.post #27599 of 705368/24/13 at 8:38ampost #27600 of 705368/24/13 at 9:28am
I just received two pairs of seconds from the Jeffersonville Outlet. A pair of Adams, and LaSalle’s both 14E.
I love the Adams, they feel like slippers and the leather is so soft. The LaSalles will need a little breaking in, I can deal with that for $129.
I also am on the third week with a MTO pair of Winter Parks in Merlot. They feel and fit fantastic.Here are some photos, pardon the iPhone picture quality and my picture taking abilities.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 43 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIND THESE SHOES 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › A lot of Hickey freeman, Brook brothers and oliver Grant 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 6 minutes ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...