About 4 hours
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1840post #27587 of 707378/23/13 at 5:38pmQuote:
I emailed Shoebank asing for a price list at 5 am on Thursday and got my reply on Friday around noon. If you know what shoes you like, it may be easiest to call Shoebank or one of the others outlets and get their inventory on a shoe by shoe basis over the phone. The jville outlet in Ohio was very friendly over the phone.post #27588 of 707378/23/13 at 5:48pmQuote:
THIS IS EXACTLY WHY AE SHOULD JUST TAKE A PICTURE OF THEIR SHOES AND POST THEM ON THE WEBSITE! IT TOOK DJ TRAVELER NO TIME AT ALL TO POST THE PIC, AND IT TOOK AE DARN NEAR A MONTH TO PUT UP THE BOURBON DALTON FAKE PICTURE!
ON TOP OF THAT... THE BOOTS IN THIS PICTURE ARE ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, NOT SO MUCH FOR THE AE WEBSITE PICTURE.
AE IS A HANDFUL OF REAL WEBSITE PICTURES AWAY FROM HAVING PERFECT CUSTOMER SERVICE!post #27589 of 707378/23/13 at 5:57pmpost #27590 of 707378/23/13 at 7:59pmpost #27591 of 707378/23/13 at 8:05pmI asked jville store if they would give me TangerStyle 20% Off on closeout style. They said NO !
A bit disappointed. I purchased 10 pairs of shoes from jville store this year(so far).
On a another note they have shipped my LaSalle in chilli and Rl Illford today.post #27592 of 707378/23/13 at 8:46pmpost #27593 of 707378/23/13 at 10:30pm
sorry about the all caps... it was just coincidental. didn't think much about it being in all caps.
Just so everyone knows. I'm not bagging on AE. I just think thats the last step they have to take towards customer service perfection. Anyone can see by looking at the pictures you fellas post on here how much such simple pictures would benefit AE's website.
I realize i'm being repetitive... but well... but nothing I guess.post #27594 of 707378/24/13 at 3:33ampost #27595 of 707378/24/13 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by V1KTA222
Those bourbon daltons look great! Making me think about getting a pair...
Something I've noticed while looking at stock pics of the Walnut Dalton in calf compared to people's real life pics is that the amount of burnishing varies. It almost always seem the burnished toe looks darker in stock pictures. Is this true for people who own these? Do they come with less of a burnished look, or does the burnishing go away after wear/maintenance/polishing?
My experience is just the opposite. The only reservation I had about keeping my recently purchased calf Walnut Dalton's is that the burnishing was darker than I expected. I don't particularly care for the burnishing but I absolutely love the boot and since I got it on sale there was no way I was sending them back.post #27596 of 707378/24/13 at 7:55amHow does the 4-last compare with others? I'm looking at a pair of Chukkamok but don't own any other 4-last shoes. I have 1- and 5-last. Do I need to take into consideration the fact that the 'Mok is unlined? I chatted with AE's customer service online and they said to go with the same size as my 1-last Sheltons but wanted to get your opinions. Thanks.post #27597 of 707378/24/13 at 8:00amQuote:They told me it would probably be about a month. That's fine with me, since they are willing to honor the sale price price.Originally Posted by drcharlie
I emailed Shoebank asing for a price list at 5 am on Thursday and got my reply on Friday around noon. If you know what shoes you like, it may be easiest to call Shoebank or one of the others outlets and get their inventory on a shoe by shoe basis over the phone. The jville outlet in Ohio was very friendly over the phone.post #27598 of 707378/24/13 at 8:11amQuote:Originally Posted by AdamAdam
How does the 4-last compare with others? I'm looking at a pair of Chukkamok but don't own any other 4-last shoes. I have 1- and 5-last. Do I need to take into consideration the fact that the 'Mok is unlined? I chatted with AE's customer service online and they said to go with the same size as my 1-last Sheltons but wanted to get your opinions. Thanks.
I went with the same size as my Daltons (1-last). They fit okay, but I probably could have gone a half size down to get a snugger fit. Not sure if it is the last or that it is unlined. The leather is quite thin and soft so it gives quite a bit and conforms to your foot. Feels like wearing slippers. Good luck.post #27599 of 707378/24/13 at 8:38ampost #27600 of 707378/24/13 at 9:28am
I just received two pairs of seconds from the Jeffersonville Outlet. A pair of Adams, and LaSalle’s both 14E.
I love the Adams, they feel like slippers and the leather is so soft. The LaSalles will need a little breaking in, I can deal with that for $129.
I also am on the third week with a MTO pair of Winter Parks in Merlot. They feel and fit fantastic.Here are some photos, pardon the iPhone picture quality and my picture taking abilities.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › 2017 50 Book Challenge 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 21 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 22 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 35 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 37 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 40 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 40 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...