Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 7/21/16 at 5:47am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/22/16 at 9:31am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1835post #27511 of 707378/22/13 at 1:40pmIf you are interested in the Clifton deal from the flyer, perhaps you could give shoebank a call and ask. I called them and got yes/no answers on availability and then did my order (all over the phone). I am still waiting for my lists of 9.0 D/E and 9.5 D/E. Now that I have ordered two pairs of shoes, though, I probably shouldn't see what else is available or I may get into trouble at home.post #27512 of 707378/22/13 at 1:41pmpost #27513 of 707378/22/13 at 1:44pmpost #27514 of 707378/22/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
While your comment is accurate, precise and pertinent, I tend to base my responses on my own personal experience.
I wear 8.5D in all models and having a high instep that causes me some pain especially with loafers at the beginning of the break in period. But with the Lasalle everything was pretty loose from moment 1.
It felt wider at the bottom and roomier at the top (thank goodness for blucher!!).
Thank you!post #27515 of 707378/22/13 at 1:48pmpost #27516 of 707378/22/13 at 2:00pmQuote:
I think you are referencing Bucksfan's list. I'm pretty sure that was not meant to be all-inclusive.post #27517 of 707378/22/13 at 2:03pmI tried to order the Ralph Lauren Saunders in dark brown from the Jeffersonville store, but they had none left. The person I spoke to put me on a wait list for the shoe to become available. They will honor the sale price of 129. I assume this works for anything not on closeout, which is pretty nice.post #27518 of 707378/22/13 at 2:32pm
Jville store was very easy to work with. Quickly emailed the size list to me, and ordering over the phone was easy.
I got the Saunders in suede, and hopefully they fit! I read somewhere that they are on the 2 last. I wear 10B-D in the 1 last and 9.5D in the 5 last, so I went with 9.5D.
Edited by V1KTA222 - 8/22/13 at 2:46pmpost #27519 of 707378/22/13 at 2:32pmpost #27520 of 707378/22/13 at 2:41pmpost #27521 of 707378/22/13 at 3:08pmQuote:
Just received the FedEx shipping notification for my bourbon Daltons. Should have them at my doorstep tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed I get a good pair! :)post #27522 of 707378/22/13 at 3:32pmpost #27523 of 707378/22/13 at 3:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by jch1
Another question- I know similar questions have been asked before, but I'd like to darken my walnut strands a bit. I fear that using reno on them may have stripped some of the color, and I'd like to bring them back a bit. Has anybody used Saphir waxes on your walnut strands? If so, which colors? I know I saw a fellow use cognac a few pages ago, and he didn't seem entirely pleased. Any others with first-hand experience?
Any darker polish will darken your shoes slightly, just need to apply evenly.post #27524 of 707378/22/13 at 4:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by New Shoes1
For whatever reason, the seconds AE made for Brooks Brothers and Ralph Lauren frequently get marked down to the ridiculous level of $129. As noted above, the only difference is the sole and the poron insole. As for the difference in fit, there was a good description a page or two back. The report was that the width and length are the same, but there is less volume in the shoe due to the space the poron insole takes up.
I have the RL Saunders and they have the leather insole, not the Poron. Also, the AE RL's are most often compared to AE's Independence line as far as the quality of the leather goes, though I don't have any of these to compare them too. My Saunders also have the 2-piece combination heel like the cordovan AE's. they fit a little bit more snug than than my 5-last shoes. I like them a lot.post #27525 of 707378/22/13 at 4:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by frogwash
I have the RL Saunders and they have the leather insole, not the Poron. Also, the AE RL's are most often compared to AE's Independence line as far as the quality of the leather goes, though I don't have any of these to compare them too. My Saunders also have the 2-piece combination heel like the cordovan AE's. they fit a little bit more snug than than my 5-last shoes. I like them a lot.
I think new shoes was only referring to the pricing of the RL shoes and not the insole/rubber sole part, as that is the difference between the BB branded shoes and regular AE branded
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 42 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes 1 minute ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 2 minutes ago
- › Common Projects "Achilles" | Brown | Size: 44 3 minutes ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding