The woman I spoke to was on her first day on the job. Had to tell her how to spell Neumok. Maybe she's mucking things up? Ask for "Deb" @ jville, haha.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1830post #27437 of 707378/21/13 at 4:04pmQuote:
Thanks, I'm on vacation in Cambodia so can't call though and need to go through email. As said both places won't provide me with a list.
How much was the Neumok?post #27438 of 707378/21/13 at 4:11pmQuote:
Sorry, I meant the Cronmok. No good deals on it though. I think she told me 15% off of $234, so around $200 (which was what it was around 3 weeks ago also, when I last asked). I think you can get 1sts around that price every now and then.post #27439 of 707378/21/13 at 4:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by wilsonx
I just placed an order. Confirmed that the walnut Dalton's are $199 and ordered them, along with a pair of walnut Strands (both 10D). However, I forgot to confirm the price on the Strands while I was on the phone. Just got my receipt via e-mail -- they rang up as $129. Called up (somewhat disbelieving) and confirmed that it's the correct price. Very, very pleased.
I'm a 10D as well. Do you have a list handy?post #27440 of 707378/21/13 at 4:25pm
List was posted by bucksfan on page 824:post #27441 of 707378/21/13 at 4:29pmpost #27442 of 707378/21/13 at 4:30pmpost #27443 of 707378/21/13 at 5:15pmpost #27444 of 707378/21/13 at 5:21pmpost #27445 of 707378/21/13 at 5:25pmpost #27446 of 707378/21/13 at 5:28pmpost #27447 of 707378/21/13 at 5:28pmpost #27448 of 707378/21/13 at 5:49pmpost #27449 of 707378/21/13 at 6:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by cincikid
I am sure this has been discussed here gazillion times before, but if someone could help with getting the right size in the Strands, I will be grateful. So I wear 9E on a five last, but all my shoes on that last--the Neumok and the McTavish--are from the rough collection. I wear 9.5D in most other lasts, except for last 4 (9.5E) and 7 (10D). I got Strands in 9E and the fit is pretty tight. It's not as tight so that they would be impossible to wear, but it's certainly less comfortable than how I'd want them to fit.
What's your experience with the fit of the Strands? Should I try to break them; stretch them a bit or just return them?
I'm size 10D and I go up to an E width with the 5 last. Seems to work fine for me.post #27450 of 707378/21/13 at 6:23pm
I ordered walnut Strands and a walnut AE manistee belt from Nordstrom. They don't match in color - the belt is significantly darker than the shoes.
Is this to be expected? I can upload a picture if necessary, but if someone can tell me whether it's common or unheard of that should be enough.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Mod to Suedehead 17 minutes ago
- › Question about Yoox sizing 29 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 34 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 44 minutes ago
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 49 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 51 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 57 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...