Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 183post #2731 of 707372/16/12 at 12:37pmpost #2732 of 707372/16/12 at 12:50pmQuote:
Thoughts on the Fifth Streets for year-round use? I really like the way they look, and if I can get them for $199...post #2733 of 707372/16/12 at 1:15pmQuote:
Oh thanks Chris! I have the AE cleaner/conditioner with me right now. So after you apply that you don't need anything else like a cream or wax? You are good to go?post #2734 of 707372/16/12 at 1:27pm
Quote:Originally Posted by spitshine123
What do you all thing about the Allen Edmonds Parson's design competition contestants? There was a link on the AE site showing all the contestants (the winner will get their shoe produced). The link seems to be offline now on the site, but you can still see the presentations on youtube. My favorite one seems to be the Welding- a sleek boot with a "spat"... seems to be very unique and suited for everyday wear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCB4CzG4NfM
Link seems to be working now. I like the idea of the competition, if not necessarily all of the results.post #2735 of 707372/16/12 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by ncdobson
Link seems to be working now. I like the idea of the competition, if not necessarily all of the results.
They all seem just so-so to me. I think the problem is the designers are students without real-world experience, which counts for a lot in terms of design. But, let's give the kids a break, an A for effort!
Edited by phototristan - 2/17/12 at 7:22ampost #2736 of 707372/16/12 at 1:40pmpost #2737 of 707372/16/12 at 1:56pmpost #2738 of 707372/16/12 at 2:20pmQuote:
I have the Fifth Street and I really like them (after the break-in). Definitely a fall/winter boot and it is pretty formal for summer.
Jump on it at $199 though!post #2739 of 707372/16/12 at 2:38pmpost #2740 of 707372/16/12 at 5:12pmpost #2741 of 707372/16/12 at 5:25pmAnyone else here fit differently in AEs on the same last but in balamoral vs blucher? I wear a 9E in the 5 last which fits great in a balamoral like the strand, but a 5 last in a blucher like the kenilworth has a lot more space between the back of the shoe and my heel. I can compensate by tightening the laces on the bluchers more, but was wondering if anyone else notices this.post #2742 of 707372/16/12 at 5:37pmpost #2743 of 707372/16/12 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by acousticfoodie
Anyone else here fit differently in AEs on the same last but in balamoral vs blucher? I wear a 9E in the 5 last which fits great in a balamoral like the strand, but a 5 last in a blucher like the kenilworth has a lot more space between the back of the shoe and my heel. I can compensate by tightening the laces on the bluchers more, but was wondering if anyone else notices this.
Maybe It's the higher instep of the blutcher design in general. I've had both of those models, but the difference seems nominal to me.post #2744 of 707372/16/12 at 6:37pm
Would somebody mind posting pictures of them all here? The pictures from the website aren't showing on either my home or work computer.
Isn't the Dundee just a shell Malvern? Why the need to give it a new name?post #2745 of 707372/16/12 at 6:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by ncdobson
New cappuccino shell cordovan limited editions are looking good. I'm tempted by the Dundee chukkas.
I'm tempted but would like to see more pictures. Kind of looks like Alden cigar. I woulld also like to know if AE will special order build them with their version of the commando sole. I might call AE tomorrow.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › Burberry London Suit, 38s 13 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 15 minutes ago
- › NWT Boglioli K Jacket Windowpane 48EU 17 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 19 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...