or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1807  

post #27091 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

Thanks for the input. I also tried orange laces and they looked pretty snazzy as well.

 

 

Look at you, ColdIron! Before long they will fly you over to be the keynote speaker at a Cordovan Conference for their employees.

If there is ever a Cordovan Conference I want an invite!!!

post #27092 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Got these white AE x Freemans Sporting Club McNeils. As you can see in the picture the sole has the JR and Horween Cordovan stamp. I thought maybe, just maybe they'd be shell!!! They're not and the actual shoe has the JR/ Horween stamped sole, too! Deciding on what I should do...They aren't bad looking, but I don't know if I should return or keep or sell nod[1].gif

 

My wife has been bugging me to get a white pair of wing tips… can you advise how you obtained them?

post #27093 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCer View Post

Funny, I too just got a VERY slightly used pair of MacNeils, on their maiden voyage today. Love the look. Will have to hit them with some more AE Leather Lotion I think, on the vamp anyway. Showing some serious crease marks. Although, not such a terrible thing, for the rough look.




Hey, good lookin shoes, man! smile.gif
post #27094 of 70737

The shell MTO's in this thread are incredible.

post #27095 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

 

My wife has been bugging me to get a white pair of wing tips… can you advise how you obtained them?

http://shop.freemanssportingclub.com/products/ae-x-fsc-mcneil-2

post #27096 of 70737
You got it! I just PMd him. haha
post #27097 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

That is correct. I wanted to find a match in color to my made by AE for Wolverine 744's which are listed as mahogany and AE went so far as to actually pay shipping on my pair to the factory and back so they could find out. 

1000

She called me back to say that she had talked to everyone from the production manager to finishing and even went out to the shed where they stored the shell and it came back with the same stock code as brown. When I asked about dark brown vs. brown she said it was the same number.

 

She also said that everyone she showed my boots to wanted to know how I got them so shinny, no one there had every seen a pair of shell with such a high shine. So I told her, one application of Saphir Renovator and a whole lot of brushing using the Mac method.

Love those boots!  I look forward to a side by side comparison with your new Cappuccino Bayfields!

post #27098 of 70737

Good Q... in this quality if you can find me a 12.5 D, 12.5 E, 13C, 13D, or even 13E... I would pay you $225. Do let me know if that might happen. 

And I did list them for $400+... before I decided that most of that was "love" for the shoe and not practical value.  So, I knocked them back down into reality.  

 

Seriously, you find a pair close to my range, lemmeno!  

post #27099 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Hey, good lookin shoes, man! smile.gif

Ya, pretty happy! Don't know if I should divulge my source. Lol
post #27100 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

 

I see you were selling these size 10b's on eBay for $499 before dropping the price to $219.

 

Silly question, but if someone were to locate a size 13d . . . how much would they be worth?

 

Good Q... in this quality if you can find me a 12.5 D, 12.5 E, 13C, 13D, or even 13E... I would pay you $225. Do let me know if that might happen. 

And I did list them for $400+... before I decided that most of that was "love" for the shoe and not practical value.  So, I knocked them back down into reality.  

 

Seriously, you find a pair close to my range, lemmeno!  

post #27101 of 70737

Last MTO landed today... the infamous Mora in Walnut Shell.

 

On my wish list of discontinued models, the Mora was a tie for first with the Fairfax; i.e. what started this whole obsession.

I was on the fence about the Ball and Buck special order and decided to keep trolling eBay and other places for the right look. When Paul made the MTO offer, the Mora was my first choice for MTO.

 

These were literally stunning right out of the box... I stared at them for about five mins straight before taking some pics.

VERY impressed by the craftmanship of AE on these and can't say enough about how smooth and efficient the process was with Allison and the entire MTO "SWAT" team.

 

These were to be my last AE purchase for a while until I saw the Pine Rivers.. alas, PRs in distressed brown are on order and heaven forbid some of the special makeup boots posted recently on eBay are released this fall.

But enough of my story, enjoy the pics wear your AEs in good health.

 

 

 

 

post #27102 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revz View Post

Hi all,

 

I would like to seek advise on recommended shoe size for the Carlsbad Penny Loafers. My feet measurements are 26cm long x 10cm wide. Based on AE's shoe fit guide, I'm a 8.5D.

However, I'm lost and confused on what size I should be getting because I've been reading on many different reviews of this model. "Runs small." "Runs long." "Runs narrow." Some even stated that it "Fits true to size." Very confused, I am.

Furthermore, I'm not living in the US. Therefore, visiting an AE store is next to impossible for me. That's why I'm here, seeking help and guidance.

I have tried on this pair of shoe in a 7.5D but it was too small for me and my feet couldn't even go in. I do own a pair of AE Positano in 7D. That's why I thought the 7.5D might be alright for me. That said, I did read that the Positano runs large and, given its all-round weave, it is easier to expand.

Any advise, anyone? I would deeply appreciate ANY help I can get in determining what size I should get.

Many thanks in advance!

Do you have access to a Brannock device?  I have found that AE stores use the Brannock as a measurement device.  So I think if you have your Brannock measurement, you can refer to this when you talk to the AE people.  When you measure, don't forget to measure arch length as well, not just foot length.  

 

http://brannock.com/

post #27103 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

 

Hmmmm...So that is 1.5 votes for Navy.  I think Navy does sound pretty good. I'm trying to think how much more useful they will be than grey... 

I've seen these and I remember thinking they were too light.  If you are contemplating painting them anyway, would you consider polishing them with black cream first to see if a darker shade of grey suits you better.  I think they just suffer the "look too new" syndrome.  Similar to a new pair of white sneakers.  I can imagine the look would become a bit more sophisticated if they have a darker tint.  Food for thought...

post #27104 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by green garden View Post

Do you have access to a Brannock device?  I have found that AE stores use the Brannock as a measurement device.  So I think if you have your Brannock measurement, you can refer to this when you talk to the AE people.  When you measure, don't forget to measure arch length as well, not just foot length.  

http://brannock.com/

Now this guy, Paul Lukas, who writes for ESPN and runs uni-watch.com loves the Brannock so much..he got this:

8573065913_2fde0d4a3a_b.jpg
post #27105 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsey shoes View Post

Last MTO landed today... the infamous Mora in Walnut Shell.

 

On my wish list of discontinued models, the Mora was a tie for first with the Fairfax; i.e. what started this whole obsession.

I was on the fence about the Ball and Buck special order and decided to keep trolling eBay and other places for the right look. When Paul made the MTO offer, the Mora was my first choice for MTO.

 

These were literally stunning right out of the box... I stared at them for about five mins straight before taking some pics.

VERY impressed by the craftmanship of AE on these and can't say enough about how smooth and efficient the process was with Allison and the entire MTO "SWAT" team.

 

These were to be my last AE purchase for a while until I saw the Pine Rivers.. alas, PRs in distressed brown are on order and heaven forbid some of the special makeup boots posted recently on eBay are released this fall.

But enough of my story, enjoy the pics wear your AEs in good health.

 

 

 

 


Those look amazing, as good as my navy shell carminas.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...