Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1805post #27061 of 707378/16/13 at 7:04ampost #27062 of 707378/16/13 at 7:35amQuote:
Great request. I'd like to see pictures of that myself. I have a pair of Truffle (cappuccino) Shell Macallisters but no strands to compare. I've always thought my Macallisters were on the light side of the scale, but have never seen another pair IRL. Anyone have both?post #27063 of 707378/16/13 at 7:52amQuote:Originally Posted by dancingbear
Great request. I'd like to see pictures of that myself. I have a pair of Truffle (cappuccino) Shell Macallisters but no strands to compare. I've always thought my Macallisters were on the light side of the scale, but have never seen another pair IRL. Anyone have both?Quote:
I have cappuccino dundees and brown patriots and the colors are very similar inside. It's only when I go outside that I can really tell a difference between the two. I'll to get some pics later but it may actually be tomorrow.post #27064 of 707378/16/13 at 7:58amQuote:
Is there a thread on how to change the color of your shoes? I saw some Walnut Players at Nordstrom Rack for $149 yesterday but I already have walnut strands.post #27065 of 707378/16/13 at 8:11amQuote:Originally Posted by dancingbear
I find the cappuccino shell color to be a bit lighter than the AE brown shell color. Here's a picture I posted in the past of my cappuccino Dundees and Brown shell Patriots:post #27066 of 707378/16/13 at 8:13ampost #27067 of 707378/16/13 at 8:13amQuote:
There's been gazillion threads, with varying results. While it might be a fun weekend project, I'd second the idea of sending them to B.Nelson.post #27068 of 707378/16/13 at 8:27amQuote:Originally Posted by cincikid
Thanks for the heads-up! This sounds like a great deal. Actually, the STWD8313 code doesn't seem to work. I used EB081313B to get 35% off and got a free shipping using an app, just as you said. With $27 in-store credit from Sierra, I ended up paying $5 for three sets of trees!
i tried both codes but they aren't showing a reduced price??
is this still working?
thankspost #27069 of 707378/16/13 at 8:28amQuote:Quote:
Last year when I talked to Deborah about having all 5 colors in shell she wanted to make sure that I knew what color cappuccino was and when she asked me I said lighter than brown, that was based on the pictures that Pastor had posted of his cappuccino Dundee's. She replied no it is the darker than brown... There are variations in both brown and cappuccino so it does vary but with my Dundee's they are lighter in full sun but inside with 60 cycle sunlight they change to a darker color. My cappuccino McAllister's are darker yet. I can only imagine what color my cappuccino Bayfields will be but based on the sample they sent me pretty dark, at least indoors.
In full sun my best reference is still this one, brown in front bottom with cappuccino bottom top:
I will try to get another picture today comparing the cappuccino McAllister's and some other brown shell. I hope others will post some more comparisons like MactasktcGDogg, I enjoy the variations, plus looking at shellpost #27070 of 707378/16/13 at 8:49ampost #27071 of 707378/16/13 at 8:53am
I missed the "rough" MacNeils when they were a webgem circa the end of 2011 and also didn't get them as seconds when they were on sale last year. I thought they'd be gone for good, but somehow, I scored them off ebay last week for about 20% of the original retail. They looked pretty beat up (partly due to the leather itself) although they didn't seem to be worn. A bit of AE Lotion and some elbow grease made them look pretty gorgeous.
I know AE suggests saddle soap for those, but somehow I've always been reluctant to use it. It looks like AE Lotion worked really well here: the leather got a lot more supple and the color is now a bit deeper. I am looking forward to wearing them this fall.post #27072 of 707378/16/13 at 9:24ampost #27073 of 707378/16/13 at 9:46amQuote:
Pastor, are the Patriots the shade of brown that you would get if you ordered the brown shell that you can pick from the site? I love the cappuccino, tho! Looks like MTO here I come! I'll see whats available.post #27074 of 707378/16/13 at 9:49ampost #27075 of 707378/16/13 at 10:06amQuote:Originally Posted by BCer
Funny, I too just got a VERY slightly used pair of MacNeils, on their maiden voyage today. Love the look. Will have to hit them with some more AE Leather Lotion I think, on the vamp anyway. Showing some serious crease marks. Although, not such a terrible thing, for the rough look.
Interesting coincidence! Out of curiosity, are yours 9.5D? I've noticed there were two of them on ebay in the past few weeks, in 10D and 9.5D. Given I took the first, I presume yours might be the latter. Fwiw, the lotion has nearly completely eliminated the creasing and made the color look even throughout the vamp (I worked it into the leather with my fingers, sort of massaging the vamps). I want to try to use Saphir down the road out to see if it might be even better.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 48 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 59 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › 10/24 PRICE DROPS! ALDEN SALE - WHISKEY PTB, CIGAR LWB, TAN SUEDE... 8 minutes ago
- › 10/24 PRICE DROP! EPAULET HEIRLOOM SHAWL CARDIGAN - ECRU NEP - SIZE... 10 minutes ago
- › 10/24 PRICE DROP! VIBERG SERVICE BOOT - RUST HORWEEN CHROMEXCEL... 12 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 13 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...