or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 181  

post #2701 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo View Post

Looks like they have a bunch of new stuff up on the site today, including several additional Seven collection shoes.  Nothing really jumps out for me, except perhaps for the Pesaro loafer.  

It's also nice to see the Bayfield boot back.  I love mine.


Nothing jumps out at me either. I think the Tresana was the best of the bunch. I'm glad I got them when I did.

Also, first day wearing my new Burgundy Shell Macneil's. They are fantastic! Fit is better than the Alden LWB I lusted over for all these years (but couldn't get a good fit). I ended up with an 11.5D rather than an 11E that I'd previously thought. My feet were swimming in the 11E but the 11D were too tight. SA recommended I try a 11.5D since my feet aren't all that wide but I have a high instep/high volume foot. He was right.

Couldn't be more pleased.
post #2702 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo View Post

Looks like they have a bunch of new stuff up on the site today, including several additional Seven collection shoes.  Nothing really jumps out for me, except perhaps for the Pesaro loafer.  

 

It's also nice to see the Bayfield boot back.  I love mine.



Trying to decide if I like the chiseled toe on the Larchmont as compared with the more classic RL Sanderson (made by AE) or the AE Williams.  Any thoughts?

post #2703 of 70737

If you don't own any chisel toes, it would certainly add a touch of variety.  Both are aesthetically pleasing to my eye.

post #2704 of 70737
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/allen-edmonds-stowe-loafer/2836327?origin=category

PSA:
Stowe Loafer 50% off at Nordstrom... Not sure what the AE price is.
post #2705 of 70737

FYI Fifth Street boots (firsts) are on sale for $199 on allenedmonds.com, sizes limited.

post #2706 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post



Trying to decide if I like the chiseled toe on the Larchmont as compared with the more classic RL Sanderson (made by AE) or the AE Williams.  Any thoughts?



 

That Larchmont is pretty, to be sure.  It's apparently built on the new 3 last, though the toe really resembles my Soho's.

post #2707 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncdobson View Post

Quote:


Pix are broken for me, too. Maybe they're just being shell teases, but I think there must be a technical problem.


LOL I think they are being teases.  The descriptions are up, and if they are using the brown shell that they use for the Strand in cordovan (which I liken to an "espresso" sort of), they might be my next purchases.  The Dundee and McAllister in particular sound great! 

 


Edited by bucksfan - 2/15/12 at 1:21pm
post #2708 of 70737

Argh! I was about to pull the trigger on the Malvern in brown burnished calf last night, size 14D. Would have been my first shoe from AE. It seemed like a great value at $200, but now that size isn't an option on the website. Although I did notice that the largest size available right now is 15, whereas even a few hours ago it was 12, so it seems like these things are constantly changing.

post #2709 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketawa View Post

Argh! I was about to pull the trigger on the Malvern in brown burnished calf last night, size 14D. Would have been my first shoe from AE. It seemed like a great value at $200, but now that size isn't an option on the website. Although I did notice that the largest size available right now is 15, whereas even a few hours ago it was 12, so it seems like these things are constantly changing.

Call a store, they should be able to help.
post #2710 of 70737
I have been eying a pari of nice, but mildly casual dress shoes. I wanted a pair of Grenson Sid, but them being made in India is sort of off-putting.
What do you guys think of the AE Elgin?
Also, any idea if AE ever has sale?
post #2711 of 70737

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post


LOL I think they are being teases.  The descriptions are up, and if they are using the brown shell that they use for the Strand in cordovan (which I liken to an "espresso" sort of), they might be my next purchases.  The Dundee and McAllister in particular sound great! 

 


I have the Strands in brown shell, so I was hoping for a different shade of brown. I guess the tease is working, eh?

post #2712 of 70737
Picked up a pair of Black Hills. It's the "Walnut Saddle Waxy Leather," I take it I don't follow the normal shoe care like I do my walnut strands? What products would you guys use for this kind of leather?

390
post #2713 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticfoodie View Post

Picked up a pair of Black Hills. It's the "Walnut Saddle Waxy Leather," I take it I don't follow the normal shoe care like I do my walnut strands? What products would you guys use for this kind of leather?
390

I would guess something like Montana Pitch Blend?
post #2714 of 70737
Depends on how you want it. If you want it more ruff and keep it waxy I would recommend Obenaufs LP, but by the look of the leather, it's not impossible to get a shine with some reno and wax. I personally go for both on my waxy chelsea boots; treat them with obenaufs with a good shine on the toes. teacha.gif
post #2715 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

Depends on how you want it. If you want it more ruff and keep it waxy I would recommend Obenaufs LP, but by the look of the leather, it's not impossible to get a shine with some reno and wax. I personally go for both on my waxy chelsea boots; treat them with obenaufs with a good shine on the toes. teacha.gif

eh? lol I am a noob when it comes to shoe shining...I only shine my calf skin shoes in which I just use AE shoe cream polish and that's it. I emailed AllenEdmonds and they told me to just use Saddle soap...does this mean I just use saddle soap and that's it? That doesn't sound correct....especially with all the products everyone else is suggesting!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...