Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1800post #26986 of 707378/15/13 at 7:39ampost #26987 of 707378/15/13 at 7:43am
bl@ster, can you comment on the sizing between the Barrie last of the Alden naval boot and the 1 last of the Bayfield? Both of those boots are amazing by the way. If you only had those two in a boot collection, it would already be a great collection.post #26988 of 707378/15/13 at 7:55ampost #26989 of 707378/15/13 at 8:06amQuote:Originally Posted by rydenfan
Thank you. I totally agree. Here a pic in the daylight to show the cappuccino color a bit more clearly
Warning: gorgeous AE boots (Click to show)
Those are absolutely amazing. I'm so glad this thread exists -- it's nice that we all get the chance to see beauties like that. Thanks for sharing and congrats on a splendid pickup!post #26990 of 707378/15/13 at 8:20ampost #26991 of 707378/15/13 at 8:23amQuote:
Thanks for the photos Rydenfan. I didn't realize there was such a height difference but I think it will be much easier to tie the Bayfield's in a hurry with the speed hooks.
Which one do you like better?post #26992 of 707378/15/13 at 8:24ampost #26993 of 707378/15/13 at 8:24ampost #26994 of 707378/15/13 at 8:27amQuote:
I've seen some great shots of Shell and non-Shell PA's on this thread. My (very recent) experience with AE Shell Cordovan is that there is a lot of "product" on them when they first arrive. There are more knowledgeable people on here, but my suggestion would be to wipe them down a few times with a damp cloth and then take the brush to them for as long as you can.
Look around, you'll find plenty of people on here who have beautiful shines on their Shell Cordovan PA'spost #26995 of 707378/15/13 at 8:45amQuote:Originally Posted by MidwestSteve
Recently purchased two pairs of the Cordovan Park Avenues, but was expecting more of a sheen like other non-AE cordovan shoes I've had. I know I can put a mirror shine on the toe, but doing so will be noticeably different than the rest of the shoe and I don't care for that look. I compared these shoes to my Bostonian Akrons, which have a stronger sheen. Will more of a sheen appear over time or with the proper care? If these can't approach my Bostonians, any suggestions on other non-AE (perish the thought!) shoes that are like the Park Avenues? Thanks.
When you say mirror shine, do you mean waxing your shell? Don't do it. If these are new, they probably have not been buffed enough. You should just wipe it with a damp cloth and brush until your arms drop. Seriously though, google the "Mac Method". This appears in the Alden threads as Mac is an Alden aficionado. But his method for shell care should be universal to all shells. Shell should we waxed very very sparingly. It has already soaked a lot of oils during the tanning processes and your job is just to make the shine come out through brushing.post #26996 of 707378/15/13 at 8:55ampost #26997 of 707378/15/13 at 9:32ampost #26998 of 707378/15/13 at 9:52ampost #26999 of 707378/15/13 at 10:00amQuote:Originally Posted by green garden
When you say mirror shine, do you mean waxing your shell? Don't do it. If these are new, they probably have not been buffed enough. You should just wipe it with a damp cloth and brush until your arms drop. Seriously though, google the "Mac Method". This appears in the Alden threads as Mac is an Alden aficionado. But his method for shell care should be universal to all shells. Shell should we waxed very very sparingly. It has already soaked a lot of oils during the tanning processes and your job is just to make the shine come out through brushing.
Agree with this. I don't think it has been brushed enough.post #27000 of 707378/15/13 at 10:08am
Would you recommend a split-toe shoe tree or a full-toe shoe tree? Both are from Woodlore.
What I've read is that the split-toe helps to expand the shoes laterally but full-toe shoe trees often reach further in to the toe box to help fill the shoe up better.
PSA: Get 35% off split-toe shoe trees by Woodlore from Sierra Trading Post with coupon code STWD8313. Valid til 18 Aug 2013.
Pro-tip: Use their mobile application available on the iOS App Store and the Google Play store to place your order (yes, you can enter coupon codes using the app) and receive free shipping!
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 19 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 53 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Rider Boot Company 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...