or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1799  

post #26971 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestSteve View Post

Recently purchased two pairs of the Cordovan Park Avenues, but was expecting more of a sheen like other non-AE cordovan shoes I've had.  I know I can put a mirror shine on the toe, but doing so will be noticeably different than the rest of the shoe and I don't care for that look.  I compared these shoes to my Bostonian Akrons, which have a stronger sheen.  Will more of a sheen appear over time or with the proper care?  If these can't approach my Bostonians, any suggestions on other non-AE (perish the thought!) shoes that are like the Park Avenues?  Thanks.

Why not just buy the PAs in calf?
post #26972 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctphr View Post









I see a lot of vintage clothing in my side job and a million Allen Edmonds shoes. I always liked Monk Straps, but found most styles pretty bland. These little gems came around a few weeks ago and I love the lines. Horribly, they are not my size... But they hit all the right notes for me. What do you think???

Should anyone ever see an Allen Edmonds "Times Square" in 13D... Let me know please. I searched google and all over. This may be the only pair of AE Times Squares alive and well on the planet. A heartbreak, as I must now find a pair in my size!

(PS: I enjoy this appreciation thread! Thanks!)

Those are snazzy!  Too bad they don't fit.

post #26973 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctphr View Post









I see a lot of vintage clothing in my side job and a million Allen Edmonds shoes. I always liked Monk Straps, but found most styles pretty bland. These little gems came around a few weeks ago and I love the lines. Horribly, they are not my size... But they hit all the right notes for me. What do you think???

Should anyone ever see an Allen Edmonds "Times Square" in 13D... Let me know please. I searched google and all over. This may be the only pair of AE Times Squares alive and well on the planet. A heartbreak, as I must now find a pair in my size!

(PS: I enjoy this appreciation thread! Thanks!)

 

I see you were selling these size 10b's on eBay for $499 before dropping the price to $219.

 

Silly question, but if someone were to locate a size 13d . . . how much would they be worth?

 

post #26974 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctphr View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







I see a lot of vintage clothing in my side job and a million Allen Edmonds shoes. I always liked Monk Straps, but found most styles pretty bland. These little gems came around a few weeks ago and I love the lines. Horribly, they are not my size... But they hit all the right notes for me. What do you think???

Should anyone ever see an Allen Edmonds "Times Square" in 13D... Let me know please. I searched google and all over. This may be the only pair of AE Times Squares alive and well on the planet. A heartbreak, as I must now find a pair in my size!

(PS: I enjoy this appreciation thread! Thanks!)

Guess I'll be the first, not thrilled about the look of those.
post #26975 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

what was the final cost for these? this might satisfy my need that alden likely won't fulfill in dark brown..

also, could you have optioned out different eyelets, and/or have gotten all eyelets and no speed hooks?

thanks in advance

$695 plus tax.

The speed hooks could not be removed but I am unsure about an alternate color
post #26976 of 70737
Brilliant move by Rydenfan!

Buy another boot that looks similar...and you can slip 'em past the wife :-)
post #26977 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


$695 plus tax.

The speed hooks could not be removed but I am unsure about an alternate color

beyond reasonable, thanks for the info.

 

I've never sized up that particular model from AE. I have the same naval boot as you, how would you compare sizing?

 

thanks!

post #26978 of 70737
My new Cappuccino Shell AE PTB's IRL: icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #26979 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Wish AE would bring back more of the non-balmoral styles from the 1950's catalog:

Is it just the style that you would like to see available again or would you also like to have shoes made from goats rather than from cows or horses?  I'd be happy if Allen Edmonds went back to providing flat waxed laces rather than round laces.

post #26980 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post

Is it just the style that you would like to see available again or would you also like to have shoes made from goats rather than from cows or horses?  I'd be happy if Allen Edmonds went back to providing flat waxed laces rather than round laces.

No goat leather please, I've seen it on shoes and didn't care for it. I like the style, and agree that the flat laces are nice.
post #26981 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I can snap some more pictures in the daylight but here is the Alden Naval Boot with the AE Bayfield



I really prefer the way Alden places the eyelets. The AE boot eyelets always seem too far apart to me.
post #26982 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post

 

From one Long Branch to another . . . how about a larger photo!

 

And did you add a shine to them?

 

David

 

Just click on the pic and it'll get larger, David. No...no shine yet, as I haven't worn them. Just some conditioner/cleaner.

post #26983 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post


Guess I'll be the first, not thrilled about the look of those.

 

Me either.

post #26984 of 70737

Initially I did... and those shoes seemed more "dull" than the Shell Cordovan.  When I heard about the Shell PAs, I thought, "jackpot," but no such luck.
 

post #26985 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctphr View Post









I see a lot of vintage clothing in my side job and a million Allen Edmonds shoes. I always liked Monk Straps, but found most styles pretty bland. These little gems came around a few weeks ago and I love the lines. Horribly, they are not my size... But they hit all the right notes for me. What do you think???

Should anyone ever see an Allen Edmonds "Times Square" in 13D... Let me know please. I searched google and all over. This may be the only pair of AE Times Squares alive and well on the planet. A heartbreak, as I must now find a pair in my size!

(PS: I enjoy this appreciation thread! Thanks!)

Those would be great conversation pieces, alongside an equally audacious ensemble.

Kind of like Pirate shoes, no? Don't think I could ever wear them but serious props to anyone who can pull off the look in the right circumstances.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...