or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 1782  

post #26716 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by deburn View Post

Ha! That's the blob I was referring to earlier. It's what I have on the seconds I just received. It really looks like a blob, though, so I didn't realize it was supposed to be a shoe till you posted this.

So... does anyone know what signifies an Alden seconds? (not that I would ever consider buying Alden or anything apart from AE of course smile.gif )

Aldens don't seem to be marked. There also seem to be far far fewer Alden "Irregulars," I dont know of any store other than The Shoe Mart that carries them
post #26717 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tietherope View Post

I was thinking it is the chocolate larchmont from the 2 for $250 sale?

Ya, looks just like my chocolate larchmonts. I also tend to think the larchmonts run a little bigger than most of my other AE's. I could have probably gone down a width or down a .5 size. mine are also 8eee and while I feel they could be more snug, the lacing sides are nowhere near touching.
post #26718 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker897 View Post

what should i do with these shoes?

they feel great
however when i take steps, my left shoe bends horizontally slightly
 
 

 

 

They look to be too long on your foot.

post #26719 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post


Aldens don't seem to be marked. There also seem to be far far fewer Alden "Irregulars," I dont know of any store other than The Shoe Mart that carries them

 

All Alden seconds are stamped with a "R" in the above the same place AE brands its seconds with the shoe stamp.  Aldens with a rubber sole have the "R" stamped on the interior lining.  TSM is the only retailer for Alden seconds.

post #26720 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by calidist View Post

All Alden seconds are stamped with a "R" in the above the same place AE brands its seconds with the shoe stamp.  Aldens with a rubber sole have the "R" stamped on the interior lining.  TSM is the only retailer for Alden seconds.

I stand corrected!
post #26721 of 70737

Cronmoks in tan were just ordered! Now I just have to wait 4 weeks to get them… I guess that means they are being made just for me.

 

Now I gotta get some mink oil and darken them up!

post #26722 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

Maiden voyage for my Neumoras from the 2 for $250 sale. I was a little bit concerned that the Neumora could be too big in my regular size and might look too elongated, but it actually fits very well and I think the proportions look pretty good. The defect, as far as I could tell, is that the heel cups are installed a bit crooked, which I can live with, especially for $125. I'm pleased with this one.


Very nice. I thought about buying those during the 2/$250, but it would have been forced; I don't really like the dark brown, and there weren't any other shoes in the sale that I really wanted.

post #26723 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptoDoc View Post

 

I'll tell you my sizing story in hopes that it will be of benefit to you. Since I was a teenager I have worn size 10.5 sneakers and size 10 dress shoes. I always considered this to be my size and didn't think twice about it until I ventured into the world of Allen Edmonds. Using the AE Sizing Tool I printed from the website, I measured a 9D. My first pair of 9D's were painful. After months of frustration, trying on multiple sizes and returning countless numbers of shoes, I have settled in that I am what can be called a 'true-to-size" (TTS) 8.5D with variations on this depending on the last.

 

For the 5 last, I had to go down one half size in length and up one size in width, which is pretty common among the members of this thread.

 

In your situation I would try a 10.5E in the Strand/Park Avenue and see if this doesn't work better for you. If this is not an option, I would stick with the 11D for both as the tightness across the toes will most certainly lessen as the shoes start to break in.

thanks for the input

i got these shoes through mail (2 for 250)

i got big feet

so i might limited on the sizes

top shoe is 14c

bottom shoe 14b

 

i cant go 13.5 since they dont make them

post #26724 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker897 View Post

what should i do with these shoes?

they feel great
however when i take steps, my left shoe bends horizontally slightly
 
 

 


What's the name of the walnut shoe?

Not the Park Avenue, is it? Because the Park Avenue was not on the closeout list...

post #26725 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWN View Post


What's the name of the walnut shoe?

Not the Park Avenue, is it? Because the Park Avenue was not on the closeout list...

Park Ave Walnut Grain

 
post #26726 of 70737

I wonder if someone could give an advice on AE MacNeil's fit. Is the fit similar/identical to other AE's on the 7 last? Fwiw, I wear 10D in Sanfords, which is pretty much my true size (9.5E would probably work a bit better but they were sold out at the last 2 for 250 sale), but I've heard that one needs to go 1/2 size down on MacNeil.     

post #26727 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by deburn View Post


Ha! That's the blob I was referring to earlier. It's what I have on the seconds I just received. It really looks like a blob, though, so I didn't realize it was supposed to be a shoe till you posted this.

So... does anyone know what signifies an Alden seconds? (not that I would ever consider buying Alden or anything apart from AE of course smile.gif )

I just got a pair of Alden Indys' seconds from ShoeMart (which I subsequently returned) and I can't find any indication that they are secodns, apart from a white ubranded shoebox and no shoe bags. It might be an idiosyncrasy of this particular pair, as they have a lug sole. Yet, my Aberdeens seconds with the lug sole do have the same "shoe-mark" on them. 

post #26728 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

I wonder if someone could give an advice on AE MacNeil's fit. Is the fit similar/identical to other AE's on the 7 last? Fwiw, I wear 10D in Sanfords, which is pretty much my true size (9.5E would probably work a bit better but they were sold out at the last 2 for 250 sale), but I've heard that one needs to go 1/2 size down on MacNeil.     

I should have mentioned, that I was particularly curious about the sizing of MacNeil's from the rough collection (2011 webgem), in case their fit might be any different from their traditional version.

post #26729 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subutai View Post

 

+1 that they look too big; there seems to be a lot space between the collar of the shoe and your foot.

 

Side note...what are those burgundy ones? They look great (other than being too big)

Those look like Larchmonts, but I might be wrong.

post #26730 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Those look like Larchmonts, but I might be wrong.

it is

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...